Handbound Materials & A New Schedule
Lots of pictures in this one. The first of the final materials started coming in middle of last month, but it wasn't until Monday of this week we received the final piece. Let me explain what you are going to see. Everything in the pictures is "final". It is the final representation of all art and text printed on final material with the correct treatments. They don't cut the card sheets, nor do they adhere the tile sheets to the boards (or the box art to the boxes). Also some elements like the cards have yet to get their linen finish. Books and modules are "handbound", thus the name of the step on the schedule.
This step is used to make sure the manufacturer is doing the right thing as far as material treatments, printed signatures in the correct order, and give us a final check for front/back card alignment.
The LE book cover was incorrect. The cover is embossed but didn't receive the heat-burnish treatment we had priced and paid for. Heat-burnishing creates a deeper color in the emboss so the design can stand out a bit more. It also help simulate the worn leather look we were looking for on this cover.
We noted this to them and they confirmed their mistake and are correcting it. We are supposed to get the new "final" sample later this week.
Advances and New Schedule
We'll have our advanced copies of everything you'll be getting early next month. The new schedule looks like this:
May 17 – handbound approved
May 31 – advances exHK
Jun 02 – advances approved
Jun 05 – RTS (Ready to Ship)
I'll share boat names as soon as I have them.
We took some images of specific things and of the materials as a whole. We had some visitors which made setting up the images a lot of fun. Images with captions incoming.
We'll have several more updates in quick succession. These are presented in no particular order. This is just how they came out of my head as I was remembering them.
- small update when the final final LE comes so you can see the cover as it was supposed to be
- larger update when the advances come
- a very large update with details on shipping costs and the opening of the pledge manager to pay shipping
- small update when I have boat names
- small update when the materials start arriving at the shipping hubs
- small update when the material start shipping to backers
- larger update on miniature production
- larger update on the buyer when they make the announcement