It's been a crazy week and I thought it would be nice to give you a bit of an update on how the books are coming along.
Today I got a sample book made - it's really exciting to see even though though it's blank! The book has a really nice weight to it. The outer cover will be 400gsm, and the inner pages are 150gsm. I've been working on the layout of both volumes and it looks like they will both be around 140-150 pages long.
We are also getting the cover foiled! So the cover will have full colour artwork, and then the title will be in gold foil.
I've been going through the first 100 comics, I've realised that I don't have high res copies of the really early comics so a lot of them will have to be rescanned and cleaned up digitally. The process is slow but I think it'll get us the best final quality.
Next week I will be sending out a Kickstarter survey, which will ask you for some details so that I can send out your rewards.
Since this project will be ongoing for a couple of months I have decided that I will make an update every week so you know how things are coming along. I'll try to include photos/drawings too.
See you next week!