This project's funding goal was not reached on September 5, 2014.
About this project
Isn't it time for an evolution in dress shirts as impactful as the collar stay?
What is Million Dollar Collar?
Million Dollar Collar is a long overdue enhancement to the dress shirt, reinforcing the front-upper PLACKET (the part with the buttons and holes) to help it retain it's crisp appearance and keep you from looking sloppy when worn open.
Ironing, Starching, Dry Cleaning, and other methods to prevent this unkempt look simply do not last as you move about the day.
To make Million Dollar Collar a reality for all dress shirt brands, we need your support here on Kickstarter. With your backing, you'll have an opportunity to receive limited-edition run shirt(s) with the enhanced reinforcement needed now, before it's available to the public.
Whether you're out for the night, "business casual" for work, or just want to ditch the necktie without looking sloppy, Million Dollar Collar is your ticket - "Casual doesn't have to be careless."
Gentleman, when you want to look your best for even when you're "dressing down," there's nothing that will send a stronger statement than a dress shirt with Million Dollar Collar. Support us, and we'll "support you."
Finally - something that will stay up all night. ;)
How'd we get the idea?
Below (bottom left) is an image from my (Rob Kessler's) wedding day in Jamaica. I'm wearing a brand new, custom-fitted shirt that was pressed, ironed, and starched several times in preparation to look my best. It ruined most of my wedding photos, and I hate it. A solution was needed, so we created one, and we're bringing it to you with Million Dollar Collar.
The other images are two of my friends: One just after work and another at happy hour. What a joke - are shirts really supposed to look this way?! I think not - and my incredible wife (pictured above) and her friends agree - image matters, first impressions matter, and the images below look like we could care less.
Here's the problem: Every dress shirt has a significant design flaw - One that allows the placket to sink into a sloppy mess. Why? Because there's no reinforcement. Million Dollar Collar works much like a collar stay supports collars - by adding reinforcement - but this time, to the CORRECT part of the shirt.
And yes, we've explored the following ineffective solutions:
- Shirt quality
- Button placement
- Collar style
- Shirt fit
- Button down collars
- Various collar stays
The fact is - none of these solve the problem. Some provide a very short term fix, but nothing will hold up like Million Dollar Collar.
Do away with your limp placket. Cure that floppy collar. Back us - right now, and together, we'll set the new standard in dress shirts.
Cool - So why dress shirts and not the technology itself?
Every premium dress shirt brand has unique specs and dimensions to their placket, and thus, our stiffeners must be custom engineered to fit each brand. One size definitely does not fit all.
So here's where we ask once more for your support: We've examined this problem across all brands and price-ranges of shirts, and regardless of special treatment, a sloppy look is inevitable. It's time to stop accepting this as "normal." So please, reward yourself... or the man in your life. Take care of Christmas early. Back us now, RIGHT NOW, and prepare to put on the last dress shirt you’ll ever want to wear: The FIRST one with the impeccable staying power of Million Dollar Collar technology.
The Limited Edition Run Shirt:
- Available in a modern slim fit and a classic cut sizes S-2XL.
- Available in three essential colors. (White, Grey, Blue)
How the Kickstarter process works:
1. Select your Pledge level now.
2. After we are funded on September 7th, we will send you a 'questionnaire'. This is when you will pick out all of the details of each of the shirts you ordered (ie. the size and colors you want). The sooner you can get that back to us, the sooner we can order the fabric and the sooner you will get your shirts.
Risks and challenges
1. We already have pre-production runs of the shirts with stiffeners installed that are being worn and tested, and our production team is ready to produce full orders as soon as funding is received.
2. We have ample experience creating and delivering various clothing products, and anticipate Million Dollar Collar's distribution to go smoothly with a prompt and easy delivery once the project is funded and the first run of shirts is received.
3. Delays and unforeseen obstacles are always possible. We find the likelihood of anything serious occurring to be extremely unlikely. That said, our community of supporters will be the first to know if anything unexpected happens.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (60 days)