So a sidebar from my popular Peltedverse setting involves the (all-female!) crew of the UAV Stardancer, a ship that wanders around doing some basic policework and exploration in the style of Star Trek: the Original Series. Except with more fur. Either Side of the Strand is a full-length novel about first contact on an alien world.
The e-book's been out for a while. Unlike the other stories in the Stardancer series, however, it doesn't have a print or audio edition. I'd like to change that! This Kickstarter gives you a chance to get the first edition trade paperbacks before I change the covers... which I'm planning to do. If you're into collector's items, then this is probably your only chance to acquire the author's edition, with the author's cover artwork, and the author's doodles/autographs on the inside.
I don't need much! I'm good at this, I know about what I need to Do The Thing. You're probably already a fan (if you're not: hello! Welcome! Come check out my work! Look here: https://mcahogarth.org/writing/), so you know what I'm about. Let's go for it. :D
So, some stretch goals! Just in case, even though this is only a week!
- $750 - I do a bookmark, and everyone who gets a physical reward will receive it!
- $1000 - the audiobook! This should open an audiobook reward level (details for that when/if it happens)
- Over $1000 - I will wiggle a lot! And then tuck that money away to pay for the final Stardancer novel (currently in revision).
But Jaguar! You say. Why are your stretch goals so modest! Why don't you do Alysha plushes! We would totally be on board with Alysha plushes! And Stardancer t-shirts!
Because, dear backers, I don't want to fall down on this job for you, and that means humble goals. *bows*
I admit Alysha plushes would be adorbs though.
Risks and challenges
As much as possible I've streamlined this one so it takes very little by way of work. I've gotten very good at packing and shipping things!
I think the biggest risks are:
1. I get hyper and start throwing in prizes and things that I shouldn't because I like running myself to ragged shreds doing stuff;
2. I get too perfectionist about the things and fuss them to death over millimeter differences in whitespace only I am going to care about.
I think I'll be able to handle #2 since I've done OVER NINE THOUSAND of these Kickstarters. It's #1 you all are going to have to help me with. Sit on me if I start gibbering about something that sounds impossible, please?Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (7 days)