About the Designers:Do you like 7 Wonders or Hanabi? How about Takenoko: Chibis? Well the designers of these games have teamed up to create this quirky, hilarious game that was originally titled "Gaijin Dash" about foreigners trying to frantically cross the streets of Tokyo.
The Kickstarter Exclusive Designer Pack will only be available during the campaign. It won't be sold elsewhere except by Mayday and just a few extra units will be sold (if at all).
- Exclusive Box Design. Only Kickstarter backers will have the chance to buy this special version with UV Spot Coating on the box!
- Exclusive Content. Only you backers will get the bonus Designer poker chip and all the extra content!
- Very Limited Quanity! We are limiting the number of backers to ensure we only make up to the nearest 1,000 copies of the game, if we get less than 1,000 units to deliver for this Kickstarter then we will only make 1,000 units EVER. If we need more than 1,000 then we will make just 1,500 units. If we sell out of the first round pledge levels we will open up more just 500 at a time because we will have less than 500 extras at the end of the campaign. Note these few extras we will sell only directly by us, they will not be going into distribution and will not be available in stores!
- Direct delivery to your door! Yes, direct shipping anywhere in the world for very cheap rates, and a 2nd copy of the game for no extra shipping too!
- New - Instant Update Status! For just the second time ever Mayday is doing a continuous update spreadsheet to let all of you know EXACTLY where we are in the production process at all times. You can just bookmark and check this google spreadsheet HERE. We will keep this up-to-date so you always know exactly where we stand! We are striving to improve communication on this project!
- Early Delivery. Backers will get the KS Exclusive version several weeks before the standard version is released in stores. Any of you who are not new to Kickstarter know that many projects both large and small suffer from late delivery. We are working hard to change that with Mayday. What have we done? Well we have padded our fulfillment dates considerably to ensure we have time to meet the projected fulfillment date. We have also let off the gas in terms of the number of projects we have launched in order to ensure all projects get done more quickly. In fact we did 9 projects in 2016 but have done just 3 in 2017 until now in an effort to improve on-time delivery. Take a look at all 37 of our previous successful projects HERE. 49% on time and 81% that were 4 months late or less. Not great but not terrible either. All of our prior projects are now delivered except for Crokinole which we project will be delivered on time. Walk the Plank Tin Version is finishing up during this campaign. That's right, we have no unfulfilled projects now! I wish my Coolest Cooler project could say the same. I backed it and my $200 reward is already over a year late. Boo! I feel all of your pain and we believe this project will be delivered very early for all of you but we are committed to an April delivery.
Check this video below to see all the extras and bonuses that will come with the KS Exclusive Version!
Shipping is calculated based on your country, so please pledge and enter the country you want your rewards delivered to.
The game is lightweight and durable so the game will fit easily into a bubble mailer. We are also shipping all the rewards outside of the USA directly from our fulfillment warehouse in China to you. That means the rewards will get shipped quickly and efficiently.
Note that shipping will be from the USA for all US backers and all other rewards will ship directly from our fulfillment warehouse in China. We will state the direct manufacturing replacement cost on the customs form for all non-USA shipments, which means that even on a 2-pack shipment that your reward will fall well below the VAT/CUSTOMS/DUTY thresholds for you. For these reasons we can confidently state that this project is AU/EU and Canada Friendly!
Please also note that we are not responsible for any dents or dings caused due to shipping. We've ensured that all of our product is double bubble wrapped at our Chinese fulfillment center and we offer you the option of shipping in a box (which takes a bit longer to ship out due to moving product to another facility). If the game box is destroyed or the game components are damaged due to shipping, despite the added protection, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with photographs of the damage for replacement assessment.
We've fulfilled several other small box projects in this same manner and our backers have happily had no issues getting their rewards duty-free due to the low cost of our games.
IMPORTANT: Shipping Information & Retailer Verification
- Retailer Pledge Levels. We will be verifying via our fulfillment partners that pledges for the retailer level are indeed for retailers. Please be prepared to provide a business address for delivery.
We will be charging shipping through our pledge manager after the Kickstarter campaign has successfully completed. It is our intent to charge backers shipping that is based on the cost to ship from our fulfillment partner's hub in China directly to you if you are outside the USA. Within the USA we will ship directly from our headquarters in Layton UT 84041 . We will ship your rewards at our cost to our fulfillment partner's hub. From there, our partner will ship the packages out to you as quickly and efficiently as possible. Please review the shipping chart below for an estimate of what we are currently expecting shipping to cost.
PLEASE NOTE: shipping costs may increase due to unforseen circumstances, or if you add on additional copies or optional buys.
- USA: $3 - $5
- Canada: $4 - $6
- EU: €4 - €7
- Aus & NZ: $4 - 6
- Asia: $3 - $5
- RotW: $4 - $7
Shipping policy for incorrect addresses
If your address is incorrect when we ship to you due to you moving and not updating your address, we can re-ship to you, but you'll need to pay the shipping balance (and only the shipping balance) again. We'll be sure to give everyone plenty of notice before we start shipping and lock down Pledge Manager entries.
Will my shipment be traceable? I want a tracking number when it ships.
No, your shipment will not be traceable, it will show up as a first class package through your post office and those do NOT have tracking numbers. We can say that your reward will arrive in 7-30 business days after it ships in most cases. We can send you a screen shot of the shipping notice and confirm that it went out if it doesn't show up, but there is no tracking number. That is how we are able to offer such low shipping rates.
If you want a tracking number, you can pay a little extra on your shipping service to get a tracking number. Here are the rates:
Tracking Number Add On is $2 for non-USA backers and $1 for USA backers.
I want my game shipped in a box instead of a bubble mailer.
We're quoting very cheap shipping because of the weight, and this specific game comes in a nice sturdy box. It's tough and we expect it will be able to handle the rough ride through the mail. Shipping the game in a box will add about 150 grams and another $0.30-0.60 in packaging to the cost of your shipment.
If you want your reward to ship in a box rather than a bubble mailer, here are the rates:
If you want your reward to ship in a box rather than a bubble mailer, you will need to pay an extra $2 within the USA or $4 WORLDWIDE.
I want both a tracking number and a box for my shipment.
No problem, just add both the costs for the shipping box and the tracking number. The totals to add on are:
That is +$3 within the USA or +$6 WORLDWIDE.
Note Regarding Late Surveys And Shipping
We won't ship rewards more than three (3) months after we finish shipping Rooster Rush from our warehouses. We'll be sure to make several attempts to reach any stragglers over those three months, but after that period of time, we'll consider any remaining pledges with an incomplete survey a donation to Mayday Games and any copies set aside will be sold through game stores and conventions.
We've had a lot of previous successful Kickstarter projects in the past. You'd think by now that we'd be set and not need to run such a project any more, right? Well, not so much. While Mayday has been successful, we're still very small with our cash is tied up in other projects. In fact, if you look at Mayday's early publishing history, we introduced just three new games in 2010 and 2011 before we discovered Kickstarter.
Since utilizing Kickstarter, we've launched over 30 new games, and that is ALL thanks to backers like you. By using Kickstarter, we're able to gauge interest and get the game made in much larger quantities and with cheaper prices to our customers. This is a large part of why we were able to offer our last few projects at such a low price point. With this much stuff in the game and such a small company, this would only be possible with the support of the Kickstarter community.
Risks and challenges
This is our 39th project, and it doesn't have any risks to speak of if we meet our goal. The factory is ready to publish and the art and layout has been completed. Any additionally needed changes should be completed right after the end of the campaign.
Anyone missing anything at all from any prior project please send us an email to Kickstarter@maydaygames.com. We've had over 36,000 backers, so we expect a few of you may have slipped through the cracks. Thanks again for all of the support!
We have a few partially undelivered KS projects at present, but we expect to have this one delivered on time. We're putting extra time into our forecast for delivery to ensure this project will NOT be delayed beyond the estimated delivery date.
For a list of prior campaigns please check here:
For a current list of the status of all our projects that are not fully fulfilled yet jump over to here:Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (20 days)