Select from the Maple or Rosewood Version of our 2019 Crokinole board. Limited to just 900 total units (450 of each) and for USA shipping addresses only (see the bottom of the page for international shipping options). We are doing this project for just 18 days to hurry and get this done before the Trump Tariffs take effect!
Mayday is the authority on Crokinole in the U.S. in fact this will be our 6th Crokinole version since we started making Crokinole boards over 7 years ago. We have sold thousands of boards across the world! We are the only company in the USA offering crokinole boards at affordable prices and this may well be our last one at this price due to the coming 25% tariff on games!
Not sure how to play? Take 5 minutes and watch this video. This is one of the easiest games to learn and great for people just getting into board games.
You can check out our last three Crokinole board offerings from 2013 (HERE) and 2016 (HERE) and 2018 (HERE) on Kickstarter. So why are we back again? In a word: Quality. How good is it? Listen to the last 90 seconds of this review OF 2016 THE ACTUAL FINISHED PRODUCT from our 2016 offering!
Why is this review relevant? Because for the very first time since we started producing boards, we are doing this 2019 version at the same factory as a prior version. While every printing has gone well, none of them have been good enough to merit going back, we always thought we could improve. Well the wait is over, this factory really came through for us in 2016 and we are using them again, a first for us! We are the ONLY quality choice for Crokinole boards in the U.S.
"I love my Mayday board. It’s my first. Got it on kickstarter. It’s still in great shape and I love introducing new people to the game. It’s often asked for on game night. I keep it in the travel case I bought for it under my guest room bed to keep it safe and flat. I’m also grateful to Mayday for letting me into this game at a price point I could handle. " - Mark Halsey, Toledo Ohio (BGG User Quoted HERE)
Why Back Now?
- Best Pricing! If you haven't heard, the US government plans to roll out taxes on board games and gaming related items this year. Read about it HERE and HERE. Our crokinole boards have retailed for under $200 for years and this is the LAST board we are able to guarantee at such a low price. It isn't the Chinese government that pays the tariff, it is us. Mayday Games has to write a check to the US government. If we import 1,000 board and they cost us $100 each then we will have to write a check to the federal government for $25,000 as the goods come into the country. This shipment will come in ahead of that tariff and we guarantee not to increase the price for you backers!
- Very Limited Quantity! We have just 900 hundred boards available and we just can't promise when we will make another batch. It may be another 6 months or 3 years and the price may certainly go up! These will NOT be available in stores! There are just 450 of these available per backer level! We can fit 900 in a container so that is all we can commit to.
- Direct delivery to your door! Yes, direct shipping to many countries that previously could only dream of Crokinole! Yes shipping will be expensive, but for the first time ever, almost anyone can back!
- Exclusive features! With four pads on the bottom of the board, recessed screws to protect your table and inset eyelets for easy hanging, plus a scoring track built right into the disc storage box, this is one well thought-out board! Your board will be 30.25 inches in diameter by 3" thick and comes in a double-boxed box that is 34.5 X 34.5 X 4 Inches and weighs in at 17.4 pounds! Yes this is a very solid board!
- New Innovations! We are bringing back our hinge-less scoring box, this means you can store your discs right in the scoring box that is newly designed with the players in mind, no more worrying about weak or broken hinges!
- Huge Savings! Most high-quality boards will set you back $300 or more, but our goal is to offer a high-quality board to you at 1/3 the price! This board will retail for $180 or more but you are getting it for just $99! Go search for a high-quality board, they can cost $300 or more! You are getting some amazing features in a very well thought out board at a fraction of the cost! This may well be the last time we offer a crokinole board for this price with the upcoming tariffs.
- Clock Accessory for all backers! We are sending a crokinole clock with every copy of the game, a $20 value. This clock attaches to the front of the board and allows you to turn your beautiful game into a stunning wall piece too.
" I have to say they did a wonderful thing creating a decent board for under 100 bucks. ...I have enjoyed my Mayday board since 2012. I thought I'd have a "real" board by now, but it's hard to justify the cost when my Mayday board is so much fun. " - Greg Clensy, Glenbrook Nevada (BGG User Quoted HERE)
- High Quality! We have searched high and low and finally found the right factory for the job! For the first time we are using a factory for a 2nd time!
What is Crokinole?
If you are into board games perhaps you've heard of this elusive game, it is ranked #80 out of more than 60,000 ranked board games on BoardGameGeek and #6 in Family Games! Yes it is that good. We won't bore you with the endless reviews, just check them out for yourself at BoardGameGeek, this is one game that lives up to the hype! How to Play and Review of our very first board by Tom Vasel:
Download the rules HERE.
"Well, if one isn't sure that a Crokinole board is part of one's future, it does make sense to spend a bit less, just to test the waters. And that's what I did by getting the 2018 version of the Mayday board. It's about $150 worth of quality for a $99 board. As someone who's not sure if this will be a "lifelong" game, then paying $99 for a $150 board just to "test the waters" is one hell of a deal. " Barry Miller, St Charles, MO, USA (BGG User Quoted HERE)
Why Our Board?
Sure you can buy a $200-$300 board out there, but maybe your significant other would kill you. Don't buy a board just to have to buy a casket that costs even more. Save yourself all that trouble and get a practical board.
"High-quality boards at 1/3 the price!"
After more than three years of searching we finally found a factory we can trust to deliver the best generation of Crokinole boards yet, and at an unbelievable cost! Our 2019 edition promises to be our best ever! Bower's Game Corner did an unboxing video of our 2016 board, check it out at the top of this KS page.
Full specs HERE.
The boards consist of a 26" diameter playing surface + 2 inch ditch + 1/4 inch rim = 30.50 inches in total diameter and 3 inches thick. The game will come double boxed in a box with dimensions of 34.5 X 34.5 X 4.5 Inches and weights in at a massive 17.4 pounds (7.9 KG). Yes these are HUGE! Our boards meet the The World Crokinole Championship™ specifications which are:
- 26" diameter playing surface (66cm)
- distance from 'dead' center of the '20' hole to the pin/post circle is 4" (102mm)
- distance from pin/post circle to 10/5 circle is 4" (102mm)
- distance from 10/5 circle to 5/start circle is 4" (102mm)
- distance from 5/start circle to the edge of the playing surface is 1" (25.5mm)
These equidistant factors contribute to the 'science,' design, and original intent of the game. "20" hole diameter is generally 1-3/8" (35mm) with a depth of ¼" (6mm) width of dividing circle lines is recommended as 1/16" (1.5mm) but no more than1/8" (3mm) width of ditch/gutter (from side rail/rim to edge of playing surface) is a minimum 2" (51mm).
This standard is neither new nor something defined solely for the WCC event. Rather, this is the paradigm viewed from dimensions established more than 120 years ago.
International standard disc size has been set at 32mm diameter x 10mm thick ± .5 mm. There is no standard on discs being flat or convex/concave. Our discs will all be flat/standard version. In fact, the 3-time Crokinole World Champion said this about discs:
"...The bottom line is that the WCC Committee has never set a standard for flat vs C/C discs. We just get the best quality we can and no one up til now has requested one or the other. Personally, I've won the WCC adult singles 3 times and it's not something I ever concern myself with, i.e. whether I'm shooting with flat, convex or concave side down. I just make sure the disc is smooth in surface, especially for open 20 shots." -Brian Cook as quoted HERE.
"I am happy with it. My kids bring friends over to play. They are less than nice to our board. It is now my beater to have kicking around or camping. ...Thanks Mayday for introducing me and my family to an awesome game. " -BGG User DB (quoted HERE)
"I'm a crokinole addict and have a great board, but that Mayday plays fine to me, for a general audience. Have a lot of fun with it, and if in the future you want to enjoy the hobby more you can savor shopping around for a great board. The Mayday board.... does the job fine. " -Jay M, Greenville SC (BGG User Quoted HERE)
"Mine arrived this morning (USA East) and overall is in excellent condition. Outer ring is secure, board is nice and flat, surface is nice and smooth, and all but one peg fits snugly. " -Remo Williams, Vermont, USA (BGG User Quoted HERE)
"I love love love my Mayday board and I play it at least once a week since I bought it nearly a year ago. Shuffle board wax is like a fine sand. It’s fast and awesome. Enjoy!!" -Mark Hasley, Toledo, OH, USA (BGG User Quoted HERE)
"My Mayday board is currently permanently set up at work and gets at least 10 games a day, it's a huge hit in the office. Planning to get a Willard Pro when I can afford it to replace the Mayday. Edit: we've figured out we've played over 5000 games of this at work, and I've personally played over 2000 games. The game also has incredible depth, and that depth reveals itself as you get better at it. " -Beefstack, Canberra, Australia (Quoted HERE)
All add-ons will be handled post-campaign, don't add anything to your pledges for now, but know that we will be offering several amazing add-ons including our very-popular carrying cases and discs in 9 colors.
Shipping & Fulfillment:
Since we have a very limited quantity available before the tariffs are enacted in the USA, we have opted to ship our entire print run to the USA directly. The board will come double boxed in a 34.5 X 34.5 X 4 inch box weighing 17 pounds. There is now a $12 surcharge on all packages of this size due to Fedex/UPS dimensional pricing that has recently been being charged w/in the USA so shipping is just $17 + the $12 surcharge = $29. We are subsidizing the actual shipping cost for this campaign.
All other countries, if you really want a board then you need to find a freight forwarding service to ship it from a USA address to you in your country. You will pay the usual $29 to ship it to any address in the USA and you will have to pick up the costs from there to your home. There are many such services such as ShipItTo.com or Viabox or others HERE.
And here are some more photos of the 2019 boards:
Risks and challenges
This project doesn't have any risks to speak of if we meet our goal. The factory is ready to print and the layout has been completed. Any additionally needed changes should be completed prior to the end of the campaign. We have launched 30+ prior Kickstarter projects. .
Anyone missing anything at all from any prior project please send us a message here on Kickstarter and we'll get you replacements sent immediately. We've had over 36,000 backers, so we expect a few of you may have slipped through the cracks. Thanks again for all of the support!
We have just two projects that are not completely fulfilled, one is Yummy Yummy Pancakes that is late to those roughly 300 backers. It is shipping to backers while this campaign is underway and the shipment from China to the USA is going out this week. The other unfulfilled project is Viceroy: Times of Darkness and it is still looking to be on time! Back with confidence!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (18 days)