Explore the dungeon of the Arcana Tower in Five Seals of Magic to find powerful spells! Magical seals of four elements block your way to the scrolls. Use the dice of four matching colors to break the seals and clear a path to the scrolls. You should also keep an eye on your opponents. Use your powers at the right time and at the right place! Manipulate dice and other elements of the game with scrolls, which you've collected (which will be different from game to game, offering much replayability). This way, you can break stronger seals and open your way to more powerful scrolls. The player who collects the most powerful scrolls wins.
What's more: with three different spell circles to choose from playing with in the base game AND three new spell circles being introduced during this Kickstarter, the replay and strategies offered are fantastic.
This is our 2nd game that we have licensed from Hobby World in Russia, our first one was Viceroy, which was our most successful Kickstarter project ever. We expect this project to do very well but we need your help! So why back now?
- Great Reviews: "Lovely colorful and clever combo-laden game." - Richard Ham, RunThruWithRahdo HERE.
- Revised Rules: We have modified the rules from their original form to allow for a tie-breaker scenario, and the starter Binding spell now allows you to increase one of your dice if you choose.
- KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE New Spells: Three new spell circles are available as add-ons for the first time ever for Five Seals in this campaign, and only during the campaign until next year. The circles are: dice manipulation, mutual benefit, and curses! The spell circles will be about $10 per circle retail next year, but are $7 each during the campaign.
- Quality Components: We are doing the manufacturing for this game ourselves and will ensure the highest quality components, with stretch rewards to improve the look and feel of the game even further.
- Amazing Value: This game will retail for around $50 USD (still undetermined final retail price), but you as backers on this Kickstarter can get it for just $35!
- Advanced Copies: You will get your rewards in advance of anyone else. We'll be shipping these out to all backers at least three weeks ahead of the release date!
- Updated rules, including a new use for your familiar spell.
- Revised game board that highlights where the circle tokens and spells are placed at the start of the game.
- KS EXCLUSIVE: THREE new spell circles available as add-ons to give you even more options for playing Five Seals. Circle Six can even be substituted for Circle One when setting up the game, adding even more replayability to your game. These will only be available through Kickstarter until 2018, so if you don't want to wait, grab 'em now. Here's a look at the red version of each of the new spells:
In a first for a Kickstarter, you can already explore this game at Tabletopia HERE:
Extended Game Play:
"Lovely colorful and clever combo-laden game." -Richard Ham (rahdo) HERE.
New Spell circles are available as part of the different backer levels. They'll retail for about $10, but are available during the campaign for $7.
Shipping is calculated based on your country, so please pledge and enter the country you want your rewards delivered to.
The game is durable, and will be double wrapped in bubblewrap before being placed in a bubble mailer. We are also shipping all the rewards outside of the USA directly from our fulfillment warehouse in China to you. That means the rewards will get shipped quickly and efficiently.
Note that shipping will be from the USA for all US backers and all other rewards will ship directly from our fulfillment warehouse in China. We will state the direct manufacturing replacement cost on the customs form for all non-USA shipments, which means that even on a 2-pack shipment that your reward will fall well below the VAT/CUSTOMS/DUTY thresholds for you.
We've fulfilled several other projects in this same manner and our backers have happily had no issues getting their rewards duty-free due to the low cost of our games.
Shipping policy for incorrect addresses
If your address is incorrect when we ship to you due to you moving and not updating your address, we can re-ship to you, but you'll need to pay the shipping balance (and only the shipping balance) again. We'll be sure to give everyone plenty of notice before we start shipping and locking down CrowdOx entries.
Will my shipment be traceable? I want a tracking number when it ships.
No, your shipment will not be traceable, it will show up as a first class package through your post office and those do NOT have tracking numbers. We can say that your reward will arrive in 7-30 business days after it ships. We can send you a screen shot of the shipping notice and confirm that it went out if it doesn't show up, but there is no tracking number. That's how we are able to offer such low shipping rates.
If you want a tracking number, you can pay a little extra on your shipping service to get a tracking number.
It's $1 extra for US backers and $2 for International backers.
I want my game shipped in a box instead of a bubble mailer.
We're quoting very cheap shipping because of the weight, and this specific game comes in a nice sturdy box. It's tough and we expect it will be able to handle the rough ride through the mail. Shipping the game in a box will add about 150 grams and another $0.30-0.60 in packaging to the cost of your shipment.
If you want your reward to ship in a box rather than a bubble mailer, here are the rates:
Shipping Box add-on is $3 for non-USA backers and $1 for USA backers.
I want both a tracking number and a box for my shipment.
No problem, just add both the costs for the shipping box and the tracking number. The totals to add on are:
Both a Shipping Box and Tracking Number combined are $5 for non-USA backers and $2 for USA backers.
Note Regarding Late Surveys And Shipping
We won't ship rewards more than three (3) months after we finish shipping Five Seals from our warehouses. We'll be sure to make several attempts to reach any stragglers over those six months, but after that period of time, we'll consider any remaining pledges with an incomplete survey a donation to Mayday Games and any copies set aside will be sold through game stores and conventions.
We've had a lot of previous successful Kickstarter projects in the past. You'd think by now that we'd be set and not need to run such a project any more, right? Well, not so much. While Mayday has been successful, we're still very small with our cash is tied up in other projects. In fact, if you look at Mayday's early publishing history, we introduced just three new games in 2010 and 2011 before we discovered Kickstarter.
Since utilizing Kickstarter, we've launched over 30 new games, and that is ALL thanks to backers like you. By using Kickstarter, we're able to gauge interest and get the game made in much larger quantities and with cheaper prices to our customers. This is a large part of why we were able to offer our last few projects at such a low price point. With this much stuff in the game and such a small company, this would only be possible with the support of the Kickstarter community.
Risks and challenges
This is our 40th project, and it doesn't have any risks to speak of if we meet our goal. The factory is ready to publish and the art and layout has been completed. Any additionally needed changes should be completed prior to the end of the campaign.
Anyone missing anything at all from any prior project please send us a message here on Kickstarter and we'll get you replacements sent immediately. We've had over 34,000 backers, so we expect a few of you may have slipped through the cracks. Thanks again for all of the support!
We have a few partially undelivered KS projects at present, but we expect to have this one delivered on time. We're putting extra time into our forecast for delivery to ensure this project will NOT be delayed beyond the estimated delivery date.
For a list of prior campaigns please check here:
For a current list of the status of all our projects that are not fully fulfilled yet jump over to here:Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)