Select an add-on by doing the following:
1. Click the “manage your pledge” button.
2. Increase your pledge by the desired amount to claim the add-on.
3. Save your pledge. Do not change the tier to which you originally pledged.
�Bloody Belizean Tomatillo Cocktail�
Press & Social Media:
RECENT MEDICAL ARTICLE OF INTEREST
1. “Capsaicin had a profound anti-proliferative effect on human prostate cancer cells in culture,” said Sören Lehmann, MD, PhD, visiting scientist at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Cedars-Sinai and the UCLA School of Medicine. “It also dramatically slowed the development of prostate tumors formed by those human cell lines grown in mouse models.”
Lehmann estimated that the dose of pepper extract fed orally to the mice was equivalent to giving 400 milligrams of capsaicin three times a week to a 200 pound man, roughly equivalent to between three and eight fresh habañero peppers – depending on the pepper’s capsaicin content. Habañeros are the highest rated pepper for capsaicin content according to the Scoville heat index. Habañero peppers, which are native to the Yucatan, typically contain up to 300,000 Scoville units. The more popular Jalapeño variety from Oaxaca, Mexico, and the southwest United States, contains 2,500 to 5,000 Scoville units.
2. " Compared with those who ate spicy foods less than once a week, those who consumed spicy foods almost every day had a 14% lower risk of death. Inverse associations were also observed for deaths due to cancer, ischemic heart diseases, and respiratory diseases. The associations were consistent in men and women."
BMJ 2015; 351 doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h3942 (Published 04 August 2015) BMJ 2015;351:h3942
And other articles:
http://ow.ly/WWly308T5rS / http://ow.ly/T3IJ308T5Dq / http://ow.ly/iSS2308T5In / http://ow.ly/yzOo308T5OC/ http://ow.ly/Q8Cw308T5UP / http://ow.ly/AdAd308T5YP / http://ow.ly/5XCE308T626 / http://ow.ly/qviT308T69B / http://ow.ly/U4ZW308T6g7 / http://ow.ly/mx75308T72E
Risks and challenges
In 1988, I imported into the United States the first line of habanero pepper sauces to achieve national distribution. I thoroughly understand and appreciate the challenges and obstacles of importing and specialty food marketing.
A fundamental risk to our project and other similar projects, is an inability to produce an acceptable finished product.
By working with strong manufacturers who possess a solid track record and history, we greatly reduce the chances of failing to deliver a product.
Because we are coordinating multiple variables and depending upon the fulfillment of raw materials from numerous vendors, delivery time is a challenge on projects. And because we choose to work with fresh ingredients in our recipes, we know how weather and conditions can impact the variability and volume of our products. That's why we added sufficient time to the delivery schedule to accommodate for unforeseen circumstances.
Importantly, maintaining a low cost of goods and allowing ample room for forecasting corrections is key when establishing rewards. The price levels here should be appropriate and sufficient to cover the carefully constructed offerings and adequately provide for project success. No further approval is required before our rewards will be distributed.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)