FUNDED IN 3.5 HOURS!
A billion thanks! We have been listening to you over the past few days and we've decided on a few stretch goals based on your suggestions.
STRETCH GOALS FOR THIS PROJECT:
- The Best Production Team: 1,000 BACKERS (UNLOCKED)
- More Studio Time & Recording: 1,250 BACKERS (UNLOCKED)
- The Best Publicist: 1,500 BACKERS (UNLOCKED)
- The Best Radio Team: 1,750 BACKERS (UNLOCKED)
- The Best East Coast US Tour Ever: 2,000 BACKERS (UNLOCKED)
- The Best Live DVD of Albatross Live in Seattle: 2,222 BACKERS (UNLOCKED)*
CD COLLECTOR ($65) - 50 qty
- CRIMINAL PACKAGE + Phoenix CD + What Was Done, Vol. 1: A Decade Revisited CD.
EAST COAST CRIMINAL ($55) - 300 qty
- CRIMINAL PACKAGE + Buy 1 get 1 half-off code on TCC East Coast Tour 2017 Tickets sent to your email before they go on sale (can be used on VIP tickets too).
TWO EAST COAST CRIMINALS ($80) - 50 qty
- 2 x CRIMINAL PACKAGES + 2x Buy 1 get 1 half-off code on TCC East Coast Tour 2017 Tickets sent to your email before they go on sale (can be used on VIP tickets too).
We've officially been independent for 5 years. That's almost half the length of our professional careers, and we could not have done it without your help!
Attempting to stick with the 2 year album cycle, we're excited to announce that we have been writing an album of brand new songs! This will be our first collection of completely original work since "Phoenix" in 2012, so we've been ruminating some of these ideas for over 4 years, and we're ready to finally bring them to life.
Matt produced our last two records, and while the process was both completely educational and rewarding, it was also draining and lonely at times. So...
We're ready to assemble a professional production team to "share the burden" of this album, and we think combined with our new DIY skills & YOUR SUPPORT we can make some of our best music together!
If we can sell a lot of these packages - we should be able to afford our friend & producer from the old days, Michael "Elvis" Baskette (producer and mixer of Albatross, The Silver Cord, and Vagabonds, and mixer of Phoenix). Elvis has always felt like a member of our band, and he (and engineer Jef Moll) have had a large hand in shaping our sound early on. If we can get Elvis, this record will not sound exactly like those records (note: if you listen to our first three records back-to-back, you'll notice they sound very different) and that's why we like Elvis; he's always pushing the envelope and challenging us to expand. We would love to be able to pay him even a fraction of what he's worth, and your support helps us secure time with him, anything above and beyond will help us secure more time.
Main things to remember
- The album gets made when we reach the goal (Kickstarter is all-or-nothing).
- Many of the physical items are exclusive to this pre-order, so once it's over they will not be available.
- The more backers there are, the better the album will sound & feel. It almost sounds ridiculous, but it's true, your support literally effects the quality of this album.
- We can't do this without your help. We've always said that as long as there is a demand for The Classic Crime, we will try our best to supply it. When you back us, you become part of the team that keeps us alive & singing. Thank you!
Risks and challenges
Sometimes there are delays in art & manufacturing that are beyond our control - so some physical packages might take a bit longer to ship than others. We will keep you updated throughout the process so there are no major surprises.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)