Learn to play Mechanica in 4 minutes with the Rules Girl! Scroll further down for more detailed how to play and full instructions online.
Mechanica is a unique engine building game where you race your opponents to create the best vacuum robot factory out of interlocking puzzle pieces. The game features:
- Dynamic factories that are fun to build and run
- 12 types of jigsaw piece-shaped tiles that snap together!
- Rotating shop board
- Instant setup: just open the box and play! The game stays in the tray
- Exciting 1-player mode
- Beautiful illustrations and adorable robots by Ann-Sophie De Steur
Mega Improvements and Overlord expansions will come in the box with the Kickstarter edition of the game. They may be available after the Kickstarter campaign but will be sold separately.
*Not pictured: 4 Reminder Cards, Instruction Book, Single Player Chip, 3 different Tidybot figures instead of just 1. Art and components pictured are prototypes and are subject to change.
We are partnering with ARIA Augmented Reality platform to bring AR to Mechanica. By simply pointing your phone with the ARIA app at an improvement, you'll be able to see an animation of how it works!
This feature was unlocked thanks to backers sharing this Facebook post over 50 times!
How To Play
Read the online rulebook here. Available in English, Italian, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Thai, and more thanks to awesome volunteer translators!
Or learn how to play in under 4 minutes with the Rules Girl:
Start of the Round
Then you each take a turn where you do 4 things:
At any time during your turn you may also:
- Complete a Blueprint (if you have the specific bots listed on it) to earn tons of money to put in your vault.
- Buy Forks, Big Trucks, or Huge Trucks for your factory
Here's 2 full playthroughs by our friends at Board Game House!
- All games will come with "piggy bank" vault standees that you can drop your vault money into
- All games with come with 2-layer factory boards that hold the puzzle pieces better
- All Kickstarter games will come with the Mega Improvements and Overlords expansions. These expansions may be sold separately later.
- All players will be able to access an ARMAND-0 web app that you can use in place of the ARMAND-0 card. When you press the button on the web app, ARMAND-0 will say snarky things to start your factories running!
- There will be a unique figure for each of the 3 types of Tidybots: basic, plus, and deluxe! (Instead of just one figure in 3 different colors)
With additional help from:
- Patrick Fahy, Tidybot 3D Modeling
- Patrick Redondo, QA Testing and Balancing
Special thanks to:
Angela Zhang, Gareth Solbeck, Joe Macisco, Bryan Vance, Wanfang Wu, Luke Crane and the Kickstarter games team, Meredith Frost, Verena Frost, Elinor Dooley, Lindsay Kusnarowis, Conor Banta, Brenna Peterson, Sophie Billings, Rijul Garg, Catalina Garcia, Shannon Hart, Adam Weaver, Norwich Girl Scout Troop #58009, Black Moon Games, Board Game House, Tucker Box, Hex & Company, Upper Valley Game Designers, Richmond Middle School game club, and our friends at Lay Waste Games.
The trend in Kickstarter pages is to make everything on the page an image. This is great because it gives the creators more control over making the page look good, but it's very bad for people with visual impairments or those who want to use screen readers. We have created a text-only version of this page on our website, which you can find here.
Want 8 copies? No problem, just select the 4x reward but pledge twice its cost (including twice the shipping) and be sure to tell us how many copies you pledged for in the survey after the campaign is over. Feel free to get up to 20 copies using this method.*Backers in Australia who want 1 copy of Mechanica must use the "Mechanica - Australia" reward tier in order to get the $24 shipping rate.
Risks and challenges
We've made many table top games at this point, but there are always new things to learn. Mechanica has a bunch of cool parts, so there are always possibilities that some of them are going to be harder to manufacture than we anticipate. We plan to take our time and make sure that the game is made right, rather than rushing it out the door—we'd rather have delays than a shoddy game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)