Check the updates for more information on the final amount of money raised along with the Spieleschmiede! When the Pledge Manager is live, you can late pledge through the button on the top right of this Kickstarter page. After it closes in around June, you can pre-order Tour Operator on our website.
In Tour Operator, you manage a travel agency. Manage your resources, employees and the wishes of your tourists the best you can!
In Tour Operator, you manage a travel agency. Manage your resources, employees and the wishes of your tourists the best you can! Every round has 6 phases, which we will explain to you in short here:
1. Check-out time. Tourists already in your hotel will now remain for one week less, and tourists that were already on 1 week will now check-out.
2. New tourists will enter your travel agency. Everyone drafts tourists until they have 4 and place them in their travel agencies.
3. Before you can help the tourists, you need to get your travel agency ready. Roll (and modify) the dice and collect resources, which you use to clean your rooms and airplane seats, calm down impatient guests and fly your plane. You can also hire employees which can do some of the work for you.
4. This is the main phase. You choose which tourists to put on the plane (take in account clean seats and business seats), you choose a city to fly to, and you score points for the tourists you just brought to their destination.
5. Now it is time to put the tourists in their rooms. Take in account clean rooms and dorms and VIP rooms.
6. And finally, you organize an activity for the tourists, you close the city (every city can only be scored once for the entire game) and you decrease the patience of any waiting tourists left in your office.
After that, you have completed a week of managing your travel agency, and you start again from phase 1!
You can check out the rulebook in English here. It's not formatted yet, but the rules are very close to the final rules. The game itself will be 100% language independent and we hope to include rules in many other languages, depending on how the campaign will go.
You can also watch the liveplay Unfiltered Gamer played here:
If you are a retailer, please pledge at the €25 level. You can select and pay for your games at 50% off MSRP in the Pledge Manager. You can e-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
We have got two pledge levels with a coupon. If you got a coupon somewhere, you can pledge for this level and fill out your coupon code in the Pledge Manager later, where you will get whatever the coupon will give you
Get your face and name (of that of someone you love!) into every copy of the game! At this pledge level, we will design a tourist card from scratch based on a picture you send us. You can also decide on the background and the name of the tourist. Here is an example of how that would look:
Score some extra games with 10-32% discount off MSRP! Shipping increases just a little with purchase of extra games, see below. You can pledge for the extra amount, then fill out in the Pledge Manager later what you would like to buy extra.
In just two clicks, you can help unlock some more artwork. Simply click here for our Facebook page and then click the 'Like' button. It doesn't get much easier than that :)
For 1 copy of Tour Operator, have a look at the first column. For 6 copies (a full box), you can look at the 'up to 10 kg' column. We have displayed the different weights so you can calculate your shipping costs. We will charge these shipping costs later in the Pledge Manager, you only pay for the game(s) here on Kickstarter.
For this project, we are working with an international team, with people from Russia, Greece, Cyprus, the Netherlands and the US!
Risks and challenges
This is our third Kickstarter. We delivered Scuba one month early, and The Dutch East Indies one month late. For Tour Operator, we already did most of the work before the Kickstarter. We just need to get some more artwork of tourists, cities and employees done, format the rulebook, and then we are off to the printer. Therefore we expect very few problems with this project, and are confident to deliver the games to you in October.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (18 days)