We want to thank all of our Kickstarter Backers for all of your support and patience and making Martian Watches successful! We have completed all of the KS orders and are moving forward into retail and on-line sales.We know that you have been with us through the good times and the not-so-good times and cannot thank you enough for your patience! We would love to continue to hear about your experiences with your new Martian’s through any of our social media pages.
Martian Passports have been shipping over the past 2+ weeks, and Martian Victory watches will begin shipping next week, so please verify that you have provided us with your current mailing address. This will allow us to get your Martian to you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
P.S. Here is a shot from last week of some black/black Martian Victory watches, just after the watch movements were inserted. We are excited to send them out to you!
For those who asked for a photo of the black/black Victory to tide them over a bit longer, we just received this "sneak peek" from our assembly facility - it's from the first batch that recently passed our inspection, now ready for final testing and a watch band! As you can see at the top of this picture, the backplate on this model will also be black.
We will continue to update you as we receive more information regarding the rest of the watch cases that are currently being produced with the same high-quality process that you see here.
Martian Passport - We are happy to announce that after yet another setback (this time an unexpected problem with our test equipment in final assembly) more Martian Passports are scheduled to begin shipping to backers starting Friday, June 7th; and as each batch arrives from our factory, we will continue to ship over the next 2-3 weeks until all orders are fulfilled.
Martian Victory Silver Case Style - Martian Victory watches with silver cases are now scheduled to begin shipping June 13th and will also take about 2-3 weeks to get all orders out (we’ll pack them as fast as we can!).
Martian Victory Black Case Style – Finally, we are moving forward with the black/black Victory watches – After two initial rejections, the latest batch of cases passed our inspection! We have thus instructed the vendor to produce the rest of the cases using this same high-quality process, which should then move to assembly by mid-June. So we may be able to start shipping these watches by the end of June. We’ll let you know when we have more details.
Again, we appreciate your patience and apologize for making you wait. Sticking with a company isn’t easy when multiple delays occur, so it means a lot that you have hung in there with us.
We are happy to announce that Martian Firmware Update v1.47 is now available for download at https://martianwatches.com/support/software-updates/.
On this page, you can also read more about the Martian Watch Alerts App update for iOS and Android.
Downloading the new firmware and updating your Martian Watch Alerts App provides many new and improved features for your Martian Watch, including:
1. Tap the watch glass to see last notification (for one min after notification came in)
2. Option for no SMS character limit
3. Worldwide weather now available – current weather plus Fahrenheit or Celsius option
4. Android: Google Now option for voice command (requires A2DP turned "on" in watch and Google Now turned "on" in Martian App).
5. Vibration slide bar allows you to choose vibration level (requires firmware update also)
6. Find watch (within Bluetooth range)
7. Scroll speed option and scroll delay
8. Camera mode: Front-facing default (Android: improved user interface)
9. If World Clock is turned on, date doesn’t display twice when menu button is pressed
10. iOS: Find Phone works with mute switch on
11. iOS: Improved email to use any IMAP server (if your server isn’t listed, you can type it in)
12. More translations for German, Japanese (iOS only) and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
Please follow the step-by-step instructions to download. For Mac installation, we have also included a tutorial video.
For complete information and to perform the update, please visit https://martianwatches.com/support/software-updates/. If you have any questions during the process, please register your product and send us a support ticket, and we’re happy to assist you.