Forces of tyranny are training a legion for galactic conquest! Are you prepared to bring the fight to them?
With the Battle Stations poster map series, you can build and rearrange a massive sci-fi military installation or capital ship scaled for miniatures, with features that match up in multiple dimensions: side-by-side, or even stacked vertically via matching lifts and balconies:
The first two Battle Stations posters were created through a successful Kickstarter campaign in 2012, and now that location is ready to be expanded with two more double-sided posters, for eight maps in total! Each map complements the rest, and one of them even connects to the railway line of my Mass Transit series to join these two epic locales into one sprawling megacomplex!
The new poster maps mentioned in this project are already complete; all we need to make them a reality is the funding to print, package, and ship them to you!
With the reward options on the right, you can get printed or PDF copies of these new Battle Stations posters (or the new Deck Space poster) as we fund them with this campaign. You can also choose copies of the first two Battle Stations posters if you missed out or want extras. Or choose from a wide range of other options to suit the needs of your games. You can even use the Add-on menu below to get copies of my other products, or build your own mix of special rewards.
These new maps can't see print without your support, though, and our funding period is very short this time--so please help spread the word of this project if you would like to see it succeed!
Thank you for your help!
At $4000 - Battle Stations III - ACHIEVED!
• If we reach the starting goal, the Battle Stations III poster will be printed and available through these backer rewards as a rolled or folded poster print, and as a set of downloadable PDF image files! It features the Observation Deck and Mobilization Deck shown below:
At $8000 - Battle Stations IV - ACHIEVED!
• If we reach this level of funding, the fourth Battle Stations poster will be printed and backers can choose it as one of their rewards. It will also join the PDF rewards. It features the Garrison Deck and Supply deck shown below:
ALSO at $8,000 - Battle Stations Deluxe Set - ACHIEVED!
• With all four Battle Stations posters funded and in print, the entire series of Battle Stations posters (four double-sided posters, plus terrain cards, plus exclusive new wraparound cover cards with additional map content) will become available as a Deluxe Boxed Set. Any backer that selects all four of the Battle Stations posters will have that reward automatically upgraded to this special version. The new content will also join the PDF rewards, and a new Add-On will be created to let backers who already have the older Battle Stations maps get a copy of the deluxe set wraparound cards separately.
At $9,000 - FOUR free terrain cards for all backers - ACHIEVED!
• At this level, four bonus terrain cards will be produced and added to all backer rewards for free! Backers with PDF rewards will get downloadable PDF image files of the new map cards, and backers who get any printed rewards will get printed copies of the new map tiles.
At $10,000 - Deck Space III: Desert Sands
• If the campaign funds at this level or higher, a new poster map from the Deck Space series will be produced that offers Windswept Dunes and Ancient Stone battle grids (shown below), along with a set of three 5x8-inch cards full of matching terrain pieces that let you build your own encounters in the shifting sands!
At $11,000 - EIGHT free terrain cards for all backers
• At this level, four MORE bonus terrain cards will be produced and added to all backer rewards for free! Backers with PDF rewards will get downloadable PDF image files of the new map cards, and backers who get any printed rewards will get printed copies of the new map tiles.
At $12,000 - Battle Stations III and IV Upgraded
• If this goal is achieved, every printed copy of the Battle Stations III and IV posters will include two more bonus 5x8-inch terrain cards that alter or expand the map, and these new map images will be added to the PDF rewards.
At $13,000 - TWELVE free terrain cards for all backers
• At this level, yet another four bonus terrain cards will be produced and added to all backer rewards for free! Backers with PDF rewards will get downloadable PDF image files of the new map cards, and backers who get any printed rewards will get printed copies of the new map tiles.
• In addition, these Twelve cards will be collected into a whole new commercial map product with bonus material included inside the front and back cover cards, and every backer will get those images, too.
The printed posters are 22x34 inches in size, full-color, double-sided, and include at least one bonus terrain card designed to be placed on the map to change its features during gameplay. Each map has a subtle 1-inch grid illustrated into the floor, and fine colored lines for games that need to distinguish different types of terrain. (The downloadable PDF images also include versions without those colored terrain lines.) Most older printed products are pre-folded, but all of the Battle Stations maps and other new content is available to backers in two ways: folded in a clear plastic resealable envelope, or rolled in a tube. You can choose when filling out your reward survey.
Exclusive Vinyl Map Prints:
As a special Kickstarter-exclusive reward, backers can pledge $55 to receive any single Maps of Mastery poster map image as a single-sided 22x34-inch premium, full-color, durable vinyl print, rolled in a tube for shipping. In your survey at the end of the funding drive, you can choose from any of the new maps created for this project, or any of my existing Maps of Mastery poster map images.
(Note: This special offer does not include maps I've created for other publishers over the years. I only own the copyright to my self-published maps.)
The Battle Stations Wall Banner:
This 68-inch wide, 91-inch tall, single-sided vinyl map banner merges all eight of the Battle Stations maps into one continuous, epic deck plan for the ultimate tactical assault or infiltration mission. Perfect for big event games where you can cover multiple tables at once, or ongoing campaigns where you unroll a section at a time as the heroes explore the facility. Includes reinforced grommets at the top for easy wall hanging.
If you would like to receive any of the extra rewards listed below in addition to your chosen pledge reward, simply increase your pledge by the amount shown below, while keeping your original reward selected. At the end of the funding period, your reward survey will allow you to specify which additional item(s) you wish to add with the extra funds you pledged.
• DELUXE SET WRAPAROUND CARDS ~9x13" (Two printed double-sided cards featuring the cover of the Battle Stations Deluxe Set and through new map panels that can be placed on the poster maps to adjust the terrain: Add $4
NOTE #1: This add-on only gets you the bonus terrain cards from the set, not the full Deluxe Set. It is intended for those who already have some of the posters, and just want to get the extra terrain cards from the deluxe set covers.)
NOTE #2: If your printed reward already includes all four Battle Stations posters, your reward will *automatically* be upgraded to the Deluxe Set, and you do not need to purchase this add-on to get the extra content.
• ADDITIONAL MAPS OF MASTERY POSTERS 22x34" (New posters from this project, or any single poster or terrain card set product available in my map store. Visit www.mapsofmastery.com to browse what's available.): Add $12
• VINYL MAP PRINT 22x34" (Single-sided map print on vinyl. You may choose any one of the new poster map images from this project, or any previous Maps of Mastery poster map image from a product in my map store. Visit www.mapsofmastery.com to take a look at all of my other posters.): Add $55
• BATTLE STATION WALL BANNER 69x91" (Massive vinyl printed map banner depicting all eight Battle Stations maps as one continuous, epic base level.): Add $155
• PDF PACK 1 - COMPLETE POSTER MAP LIBRARY (Includes all of the maps from this project and all previous Maps of Mastery poster images, as downloadable PDF files): Add $40
• PDF PACK 2 - COMPLETE TERRAIN CARD LIBRARY (Includes all existing Maps of Mastery terrain card set images, as downloadable PDF files): Add $30
• The MAPS OF MASTERY OMNIBUS - COMPLETE PDF ARCHIVE (Includes every map image published by Christopher West's Maps of Mastery to date--hundreds of terrain cards and dozens of poster maps--in one massive downloadable collection of PDF image files!): Add $50
You may choose more than one add-on. Just add the total amount for your combined selections to your current pledge level.
International backers: If you attach a printed add-on to your pledge, please include an additional $10 to help offset the increased shipping costs.
Risks and challenges
After the project is funded, only a few hurdles will remain to be overcome:
1) The posters will be produced by a printing company that I have used before with great results, and the artwork for these posters is already complete. Still, it's possible that printing setbacks outside of my control could slow down production and cause a delay. We're also seeking the very best print quality possible, and I won't settle for anything less. If delays happens, I will keep backers informed and work closely with the printer to fix things.
2) If this project exceeds all expectations and unlocks a lot of stretch goals, that extra work and the extra print quantities and additional shipping labor could also generate delays. Fulfillment might need to be handled in waves as the printer delivers a larger number of these maps over a greater period of time. That would slow delivery for some backers, but shouldn't delay the start of the process.
3) Any time postal services are involved, delivery delays or missing shipments are possible, too...especially with international shipping. I have a lot of experience shipping poster maps, though, and will remedy any problems as quickly as possible.
4) Finally, It should be noted that while the artwork for the new poster maps is already complete, I'll be working on more maps for Stretch Goals throughout the funding drive. While unlikely, technical setbacks could interfere. If they do, I'll adjust plans accordingly and keep everyone up to date.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (9 days)