Bring the spa experience home.
We love the way diffusers make our rooms smell, and we love taking a bath using an expensive bath bomb, but there isn't a way to bring this same level of aromatherapy into the shower.
Infusey is a device that allows you to infuse essential oils into your shower. It has been designed from the ground up to be easy to install, provide a refreshing aromatherapy experience, and have a sleek design.
We have also created replaceable aroma pods that attach into the bottom of the infuser, each one containing high quality essential oils and coconut oil as a carrier oil. Each aroma pod will make you - and your bathroom - smell great, effortlessly bringing all of the benefits of essential oils right into your daily routine.
We have designed Infusey to install in all 1/2 inch shower pipes that angle down at a 45 degree angle. Don't worry, 99% of showers in the U.S. fall under this category. If you're not sure if your shower fits this description, take a look at the installation GIF above this paragraph. If your shower looks like this one, you're good to go!
Infusey does not reduce your water pressure at all, and we even include a roll of teflon tape to wrap around the pipe threads in case there are any minor leaks.
The experience of taking a shower with Infusey is truly unique. Some of the benefits of using our product are:
- Citrus essential oil is a wonderful stimulant. A citrus aroma pod in your shower will brighten your mood and energize you. Its uplifting qualities help remind yourself of happy moments and positive thoughts.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is a well established decongestant. If you are suffering from cold/flu-like symptoms, you can pop in a eucalyptus aroma pod to clear your sinuses and help you breathe easily.
- Lavender essential oil is universally known for its ability to calm you down and help you sleep. You can pop in a lavender aroma pod to relax after a long day and get ready for bed.
The real magic happens when you insert an aroma pod into your Infusey. Each pod contains high quality essential oils blended with fractionated coconut oil (MCT oil). The coconut oil serves a dual purpose - it is a great moisturizer for skin and hair, and it dilutes the essential oils enough to make it safe to use. Essential oils by themselves would be too overwhelming and may irritate your skin (trust us on this one, we learned this the hard way). The coconut oil makes the experience very pleasant and enjoyable! Each aroma pod lasts for about 4 10 minute long showers. These unique pods will make both you and your entire bathroom smell fantastic!
- After reaching our goal of $15,000, we will ship out Lavendar, Citrus, and Eucalyptus aroma pods. A standard starter kit will contain 2 (4 oz.) containers of each of these scents for a total of 6 pods.
- If we surpass $30,000, we will add a Sleepy Time aroma pod which contains a blend of marjoram,lavender, chamomile, and bergamot essential oils. An Infusey starter pack will contain 1 (4 oz.) aroma pod of Sleepy Time and Eucalyptus, two Citrus and two Lavender pods, for a total of 6 pods.
- If we surpass $45,000, we will add a Spring air aroma pod which contains a blend of geranium, lavender, and chamomile essential oils. An Infusey starter pack will contain 1 (4 oz.) aroma pod of Spring Air, Sleepy Time, Eucalyptus, Citrus, and two Lavender pods, for a total of 6 pods.
- If we surpass $60,000, we will add a Brain Aid aroma pod which contains a blend of rosemary, frankincense, and peppermint essential oils. An Infusey starter pack will contain 1 (4 oz.) aroma pod of each of the 6 scents (a total of 6 pods).
We have worked with a top-notch patent attorney in Austin, TX to protect our intellectual property by filing a provisional patent with the US Patent and Trademark Office. This gives us one year to file a full non-provisional patent, which we plan on doing 6 months after the end of our Kickstarter.
We are a team of students from The University of Texas at Austin that have been working on this project for the past 8 months. From left to right, we are Ajeet Khatker, Jonathan Malott, and Stephanie Aschbacher. Here is a little about each of our backgrounds:
- Ajeet switched from baths to showers in the late 90's and hasn't looked back since.
- Jonathan showers his cofounders with affection (and occasionally cash).
- Stephanie owns three dozen varieties of essential oils and never knew what to do with them... until now.
- Alejandro is the fourth member of our team. He's the badass Venezuelan that brings his own experiences with startups to the table.
Risks and challenges
We have spent countless hours working on every detail of this project, and we are confident that we are able to create and distribute the product.
One challenge we will face as we move forward is the lack of standardization of shower pipes in other countries. In the U.S., nearly all shower pipes are the same size. However, in countries like the U.K. and France, shower pipe sizes vary. We look forward to creating Infuseys for all showers in the future, regardless of shape and size, however for our Kickstarter we are focusing on standard ½ inch U.S. shower pipes.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)