A party game in which it is TOTALLY POSSIBLE to drop a boxcar full of rabid piranhas onto the King of France. LIKELY, even Read more
This project was successfully funded on March 19, 2013.
Fancy Proof Box! Final PDF downloads! Animation! Web App!!
In today's video I show off the gorgeous proof of the game box from the printer! It's all coming together!!
Here are the NEWS UPDATE HIGHLIGHTS:
• this game looks awesome
• it's gonna be super sweet and I couldn't be happier with the quality
• We have an update on the production schedule! The vastly increased complexity of the game, to say nothing of the huge number of orders, has stretched our production schedule past our initial estimates. I didn't want to give any revised dates until I was sure I had firm info from the manufacturer, but now I have the new date: NOVEMBER 15. This is when we should have the pallets in the warehouse and will begin shipping everything out.
I know it isn't August, but I had been the least bit worried that it wasn't going to make it this year at all, so I'm pleased that it's "only" November. If all goes as planned, everyone should have their stuff well before Christmas! I will post more updates with progress reports as I learn more.
• To tide you over until then: backers, the password-protected download page HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED with downloads of all remaining print-and-play material: Intel cards, Webcomics Pals cards, and the Mission Book (targets & drawings created by the Webcomics Pals). So now you have EVERYTHING YOU NEED to play the game at home!
• I'm sorry to report that Phil Foglio ended up being unable to contribute cards to the game, so we filled his spot instead with Andrew Hussie "Sweet Bro & Hella Jeff" cards. Hopefully that is an okay replacement! Lots of people get those two confused anyway.
• Some of you have also asked if it's possible to get home-printable files for the various tuck boxes. This strikes me as a good idea (although your results will vary depending on the paper stock that you print the cards out on). I will put a pin in this idea for a future update!
• We haven't forgotten about the German editions of everything – the translation is plugging along (so many cards! sooo maaaany caaaards!!!) and I'll have news on that when it's ready.
• Thanks to the hard work of backer Maik Ploight, the Target Generating Web App Toolkit is now ready! You can load it on any mobile device, or just on your computer. The address is intel.machineofdeath.net and you can even bookmark it on your phone to add an icon on your home screen! (On iOS, anyway. I assume you can do something similar on Android.)
The Toolkit will do the following for you: 1. Generate a target, complete with all specific details. 2. Generate prompts, if you prefer to make up your own target details, Mad Lib-style. 3. Run a countdown timer for you. 4. Play timer music, if you choose! (I demo it all in today's video.)
Right now we've got one timer music track loaded in, by MC Frontalot. Other musicians are hard at work on their own tracks, and we'll add them in (and offer them for you to download) just as soon as they're ready!
• If you'd like to manhandle (or womanhandle) the sassy, glossy, oh-so-silky prototype box in person, here's where I will be in the coming days and weeks:
July 29 – Toronto: Choose Your Own Book Launch! This Monday night, Ryan "Eisner-winning, NYT-bestselling author of Adventure Time" North and I will be holding side-by-side, competing book launch events for his choose-your-path Hamlet adaptation, To Be or Not To Be, and our new Machine of Death story collection, This Is How You Die. Fun times will abound! THIS IS MY PERSONAL GUARANTEE. Facebook invite here; more info is here!
Aug 15-18 – Indianapolis: GEN CON! I'll be showing off the demo copy and collecting pre-orders for the game. Booth 743.
Aug 30-Sept 2 – Seattle: PAX PRIME! I'll be boothing with the dudes behind Cards Against Humanity and Story War, and again, I'll be taking pre-orders. I'm talking with Kris about possibly doing a game demonstration as part of a panel as well – but nothing's firm so far. (Sadly I will not be at LoneStarCon in San Antonio this same weekend, as I had previously hoped I would. My clone didn't arrive in time.)
Sept 14-15 – Bethesda MD: SMALL PRESS EXPO! One of my favorite comic shows of the year. I will be behind a table. Maybe under it, for some of the time. We'll see.
OH YEAH AND HERE'S A VIDEO
It's a playtest video with me, Jordan, Nika, and Kris, and it features brand-new animation by Matt Bixler! Watch our fearless team of assassins attempt to take down A ROGUE ALPACA-BREEDING AIRSHIPMAN. The animated video was one of our stretch goals – hope you enjoy!
Okay that's it for now! Kickstarter backers, your downloads have been ADDED to the same password-protected page I sent you before (remember, the password is in all caps!). 'JUST THE TIP' backers, I'll send you a KS message. PayPal backers, watch for an email with the download info. Thanks everyone!!
P.S. If you were interested in the "bonus death cards in tins" option, please send me an email (dave at wondermark dot com) so I can make sure we have your preference recorded as we move through production.
P.P.S. Because it's a common question – if you need to change your shipping address, you can do so at any time by logging in at machineofdeath.backerkit.com. No need to message me! If you don't have a BackerKit login, then you can message me, OR write to firstname.lastname@example.org.