Sample print-n-play PDF pages! ALSO: PLAYTEST THIS SUNDAY
Here's some cool stuff for you!
We're preparing the PDF versions of the game now – I really want to get them out by the end of April, as promised. We're still waiting on some content from the card-creating backers and the Webcomics Pals, but the majority of it is in and it's looking great! Here's just a small sampling of the Webcomics Pals cards:
Each artist so far has contributed at least 10 unique cards!
We're preparing the print-n-play PDFs in two versions: full size/full color, and compact/1-color. I know some people want the full experience, while others would rather save some coins and be able to print fewer pages, more cheaply. So here are samples of both templates for you to try out – let me know your thoughts! I'd love to get some feedback while there's still time to make changes.
Note as well that these sample pages feature low-resolution images for ease of download – these are just for layout testing purposes. The final files will be high-resolution for printing.
These should print OK on either A4 or US letter sized cardstock. Use the crop marks to trim the cards as needed. (The final files will allow for the cards to be printed double-sided, but these are just the fronts, for now.) The game cards themselves are 'Euro' playing-card sized, just like the actual printed game.
We made versions of these to fit both A4 and US letter sized pre-perforated business card paper (although since that's $18 for 25 sheets at my local Staples, I dunno why you'd use that instead of just buying a copy of the printed game? But, up to you). These also feature crop marks, in case you want to print them on regular unperforated cardstock. (Again, just the front sides for now.)
To clarify: We will definitely be offering the full game in both PDF versions (full color and 1-color). But let me know what you think about the layouts and the way the files are set up! I've never printed a card game at home before, so I'm not sure which factors are important to keep in mind.
Physical tier backers: Introducing BackerKit!
Kickstarter surveys will be going out next week! Don't worry that it's too soon – it's just the first step to get you loaded into a "pledge management system" called BackerKit, which you will get an email about after you complete your survey. Here's how it will work:
- You'll get your Kickstarter survey, asking you to confirm your shipping address, T-shirt size, etc.
- After I've received the majority of survey responses, I'll send you ANOTHER email with a special invite to BackerKit, which is a separate website.
- When you log in to BackerKit, you'll see your pledge and your survey info listed. If you got any Add-Ons, you should see those as well. If you paid via PayPal, you should see everything you ordered. This is your chance to verify that we got everything correct. This will be the list we work from for shipping!
Within BackerKit, you will also be able to:
- Add more items to your pledge, if you choose – all the way through July! (For example, you can now add on 50-card decks of additional blank cards.)
- Specify whether you want your copy of the game in English or German.
- Modify your shipping address at any time (if you move in the next few months, you can easily update your address in the system, without having to go through me).
- Pay for your original pledge, if you had credit card problems with Kickstarter.
- Make sure everything listed for your order is correct before anything is shipped!
If everyone uses BackerKit, it will make my life a lot easier – check out today's video for a look at what the BackerKit interface looks like, and what to expect. It's really quick and easy, but since it's a separate site from Kickstarter, I'll be working extra hard to make sure everybody knows what's going on!
If you did not pledge for a physical tier, don't worry about any of this! You'll get your digital rewards delivered via Kickstarter. If you would like to (pre-)order physical items, use our PayPal pre-order site, and we'll add you to BackerKit automatically (after a week or two, you'll get an email from BackerKit). Then, you'll be able to manage your pledge just like all the cool kids.
Questions? Ask in the comments! I want to make sure this is clear for everyone.
Hey, let's have a playtest!
As we complete and finesse the rulebook: IF YOU ARE IN LOS ANGELES AND WANT TO PLAYTEST THE GAME THIS SUNDAY AFTERNOON, April 14, send me a Kickstarter message! I'll have the special convention-only card for you AS WELL AS my eternal thanks AS WELL AS maybe some pizza or something?