Maksimatic Bullet Universal Spill Preventing Cup Holder
Maksimatic Bullet Universal Spill Preventing Cup Holder
We've invented the world's most innovative, spill-preventing cup holder & everyone loved it. Now we need YOUR help to bring it to life!
We've invented the world's most innovative, spill-preventing cup holder & everyone loved it. Now we need YOUR help to bring it to life! Read more
Spilling should be a thing of the past, period
Learn more about press coverage: http://www.maksimatic.com/press.html
Maksimatic Bullet shown in gray utilized in standard Audi S4 cup holder
Maksimatic Bullet Prototype shown utilized in Mercedes C63 AMG cup holder
Maksimatic Bullet shown in stone utilized in children's stroller
So much in so little
The Maksimatic Bullet is so much more than just a spill-preventing device
First 100 contributors per pledge level have 3 early bird options! (300 contributors total) will receive the Maksimatic Silver Bullet (below) for pledges of just $22 (or more). Once the early bird period ends, cup holder systems will resume claimed for pledges of $25. (MSRP: $30)
EARLY BIRD: $22 (first 100 pledges in this amount)
Today's cup holders simply aren't good enough anymore. Why? Because they make our beverages top-heavy. We don't always feel safe driving with our drinks, especially if they're large, near full, or not sturdy. Also, not all drinks are supported well, and when unstable, are far more likely to spill. When they do spill, it could be very messy. These are only a few issues associated with the everyday problems stemming from the inadequacy of standard cup holders. Even if you have a cap, why reapply it every time? Furthermore, a plastic lid on one of those paper cups will do nothing for you if you slam into a car at 30mph and your drink crashes into your radio. You'd think we could do better than a primitive, stationary, cylindrical opening for a cup holder that forces our beverage to move in the same motion that our vehicles move. The truth is, we can, and we just did. This is when the original Maksimatic Cup Holder was born, invented and patented. And when the world absolutely loved everything about it, they asked us "where in the world can I get one?" The Maksimatic Bullet is the answer to that very question.
The Maksimatic Bullet is great for any cylindrical cup holder. Here it is shown utilized in another vehicle: Acura TLX
The Maksimatic Bullet is great for ANY cylindrical opening cup holder: stroller, shopping carts, boats, planes, wherever!
Here is the version YOU will be getting! The Maksimatic Silver Bullet will never be available in this exact style & trim. This version is a fantastic token. This way, you know you are truly a pioneer of the next logical step in cup holder technology!
If you prefer a simpler, straightforward discussion about what we're doing here, watch this video below! Find out everything there is to know about the features and benefits of The Maksimatic Bullet Cup Holder. Back to basics baby!
Before The Maksimatic Bullet was created, it was our original concept that was created as a factory unit implemented during manufacture of vehicle. And just when you think that innovation in a cup holder couldn't possibly get any better, it does, and with a great list of other features and benefits. It's true, every convenience tends to come with an inconvenience. There are sometimes those rare inventions that challenge this rule in every way possible and the original Maksimatic Cup Holder is no exception. We know about the Gimbal, we are certainly well aware of all of the other self-leveling designs & we especially know that Maksimatic is still not only entirely different than any of these but also, vastly superior because of how many features and benefits it offers. Let's take a step back for a moment and delve into some of the issues with our standard cup holders today:
1. They are stationary with the vehicle which causes the fluid to slosh side to side sometimes causing spillage depending on the effectiveness of the cap or any other features at top of cup/container.
2. The cups/containers are not only stationary, they are held from the bottom of the holder and depending on how high the holding walls are or how much grip against the cup they provide, the container itself can sometimes topple over especially during extreme braking or acceleration. This is usually because any standard cup holder forces the beverage being held to be top-heavy.
3. If there is a spill, cleaning generally requires a damp rag or any other cleaning agent to be brought into the car and cleaned there instead of being able to remove the unit with ease and rinse under a sink, for example.
4. Because beverages aren't guaranteed to stay in the cup holder, especially during rapid changes in velocity, drivers tend to carry their beverages in their hands or in their lap which could distract them from driving. If beverage is held in hand, drivers are only left with one hand for the use of the steering wheel or for all other functions, instead of two hands which is far more ideal.
5. Because of the size of the cylindric openings which carry the beverage, drivers are generally forced to look over to ensure they insert into correct place usually requiring them to take eyes off the road.
6. Drinks are sometimes either too large to even fit into the cup holder at all or are too tall potentially causing discomfort or interference.
This is why the original Maksimatic Cup Holder was born, invented and patented
And this is what or original prototype (installed between two front seats of a car) looked like, and boy did it get the job done: (this is one of the rewards by the way)
This is the unit that was used in our viral video on YouTube! This box is basically what put Maksimatic on the map and is an incredibly special piece. We wish we could keep it but if anyone is willing to pledge for it, it's theirs! We could really use every single dollar. When our video demonstration made it to the front page of Reddit and went viral on youtube, Buzzfeed, Time Magazine, Gizmodo among many other reputable sources, we knew that the world was just as excited as we were. Here is our video on the Original (factory) Maksimatic Cup Holder that went viral:
Here's a compelling list of reasons why the world needs Maksimatic Cup Holders and why today's holders simply will not suffice anymore:
1. Because you can drive or park on a super steep hill (oh, sweet San Francisco!) without even worrying that your drink might topple over. As a matter of fact, your car will fall over before your drink does.
2. Because even your dad's gimbal holder is left obsolete with it's hinges.
3. Because if you spill a little over the edge (we all have), it's just so much easier to rinse the removable holder under the sink than to bring a damp rag into the car for a wipe (although wiping your parts is very important, kids)
4. Because you only ordered a boiling hot latte, not also a boiling hot navigation system after needing to slam your brakes to avoid a collision while leaving the coffee shop drive-thru.
5. Because having your beverage move exactly as the vehicle moves (which is every standard cup holder's dilemma) is exactly as silly as putting your opened can of soda in your pocket while you walk! We may not realize it, but the reason we carry our drinks in our hands while walking is to help us avoid spills because the movement of our mode of transport for beverages should differ from the mode of transport itself.
6. Because any other "spill-proof" design available still doesn't have the cylindrical lower which keeps beverages 100% bottom-heavy.
7. "Because even doorknobs evolve, it's about time the cup holder evolves as well." -David Fortygin
8. Because anyone would prefer to not reapply their caps if they don’t need to.
9. Because the larger than typical diameter of the cup holder at the very top (which is funnel-like) acts as a guide for drivers and makes reinsertion much easier and without looking to the side as much (if even at all). This allows driver to keep their eyes on the road more and is yet another safety feature. Who doesn't love easier reinsertion?
10. Because for goodness' sake, even the fluid tilts while you’re turning! As if just the cup tilting isn’t enough.
11. Because you can't insert your 64oz Slurpee into a standard, obsolete cup holder without worrying about it coming out to attack you and kill you. Maksimatic Holders will fit these with ease and have the deepest cylindric openings available.
12. Because cars in heaven will have Maksimatic Cup Holders.
13. Because our beverages are for drinking, not for spilling.
14. Because we shouldn't need to take our eyes off the road, even if it is to re-insert our beverage.
15. Because standard cup holders have only addressed issues associated with the beverage container, but nothing to address potential issues with the fluid inside. Maksimatic Holders address more aspects.
16. Because there are still far too many vehicle accidents caused by inadequacy of technology in cup holders.
17. Because standard cup holders can't actually guarantee to "hold" your drink. It is theoretically impossible, however, to have a beverage fall out of a Maksimatic Holder while driving under common circumstances including light vehicle incidents.
18. Because cup holders have been upside down for decades.
19. Because a Maksimatic cup holder would put any other cup holder to shame with just one of its features or benefits. Maksimatic has over a dozen novel features or benefits.
20. Because Maksimatic cup holders are unique enough to engender the name "cup hangers" since the radically different design actually holds beverages from the top instead of the bottom. All other cup holders will still be called "cup holders".
21. Because Maksimatic cup holders hold a far greater variety of sizes than a standard holder: from the slimmest energy drink can to a very large 64oz juice bottle/container or 2-liter bottle of soda
22. Because even if you drive so aggressive that your beverage would lift up out of the holder itself, the unique design will still help make sure that the beverage and beverage holders land back into their original positions for added safety. Who has taken it even close to this far in cup holder technology?
23. Because although the cavity underneath the cup holders is designed for the movement and tilting of the cup holders, it is still a fairly large cavity which means a holder for your kitten? a hiding place for your goodies? (all within easy reach since this is where your cup holders are placed). The possibilities are endless although accommodating designs would be best left to the automaker's imagination!
24. Because the half-sphere circling the top of the Maksimatic cup holder acts as a splash guard with good width and substantial height, effectively protecting your interior from spills.
25. Because with the Maksimatic cup holder you are even able to choose how high (or low) your drink sits within the holder, should you desire it to be at a very specific height!
26. Because of the unique nature of the cavity involved, an effective beverage heating & cooling system could be availed simply by using the existing air duct vent system.
27. Because the holders themselves hang only by gravity and are easily interchangeable, the owner could easily switch to any color or texture they deem fit (ex: stainless steel finish instead of matte red or gloss plastic etc)
28. Because your car will tip over before your beverages do.
29. Because safety should never be optional.
30. Because Maksimatic Cup Holders provide 25X360 degree, tilting & velocity-shifting protection, while a standard cup holder provides 0X0 degrees of tilt protection (should we just call it like it is and say "no protection"?)
31. Because it just looks way cooler to have your drinks swivel around while you are turning, braking or accelerating.
32. Because they hold a 2-liter bottle of soda and a regular cup holder does not.
Maksimatic Cup Holders work so well, you can even drift in them!
#driftapproved by professional Drifter Matt Vankirk himself
The Maksimatic Bullet is Centrifugal & Gyroscopic
Your car will fall over before you beverage does
As you can see, we were focused on a factory product back then. THEN, something magical happened. Since, our patent covered both an aftermarket and factory version of our concept, and due to the thousands of inquiries we received in regards to purchasing this cup holder, We already told you that the world loved our idea, so we realized it was time to create an aftermarket version for ALL to enjoy even in their existing cup holders. Once again, this is where the Maksimatic "bullet" comes to life. We have been working on designing the best possible prototype: one that fits into as many cylindrical-opening cup holders as possible, that takes up as little space within their environment as possible (isn't too tall or bulky) all while completing the fundamental job of our original concept ...which is to provide safety through innovation to stop the spills with a better cup holder! (continued below)
(side view bullet shell drawing)
(top view swivel cup drawing)
(side view cup drawing)
(top view shell drawing)
Here is what our prototype of The Bullet looks like right now:
From left to right: inner/swiveling (spill guard) cup, outer base adapter, inner base adapter, Bullet shell (adapter for larger beverages)
Think of every pesky spill you have ever had in your car due to a sharp turn, sudden slamming of the brakes or quick acceleration. Now picture every single one of those nuisances, gone forever. The Maksimatic Bullet is an aftermarket cup holder attachment which hosts a swiveling cup that hangs into a cavity, tilting up to about a 20 degree angle on a 360 degree joint. It essentially does everything that the Maksimatic cup holder does. It is not only gyroscopic (which means it is auto-leveling) ; it is especially, centrifugal (which means it will tilt during rapid changes in velocity such as braking, sharp turns etc) yay! It doesn’t really have the capacity of the original ‘maksimatic” (which holds up to a 64 ounce beverage. But if you really need it, it does carry up to 32 ounces when the swiveling cup is removed, plus the removable cup holder can even act as a “spill guard" in your second holder.
Guinness officially recognizes Baldwin Street as the world's steepest resedential street at a 35% grade. (source: wikipedia) Maksmatic Bullet: 20 degree angle of tilt = 36.4% grade.
During standard use, the maximum recommended beverage capacity for a paper coffee cup is 12 oz. This is because we want to ensure that your beverage is as bottom heavy as possible. Once again, the issue with our standard holders is that they are far too TOP-HEAVY. The Maksimatic cup holder's "bullet" variant is simply incredible. It allows the user peace of mind: knowing that not only is their beverage unlikely to spill, it is very unlikely to fall out, either. As far as the unit itself falling out is concerned, the adjustable base is coated with a rubberized material to help it grip itself into the holder as tightly as possible. It also helps alleviate vibration and any unwanted noise. The base even unscrews revealing a padded, grippy bottom should you not need it and would rather place the upper portion on a flat surface. (this feature patented but not included) The Maksimatic Bullet is our response to the thousands of people who have asked us, “where in the world can I get one?’ Well, we’ve heard you loud and clear. The factory technology which we've been trying to market directly to the automakers, boat makers and plane builders themselves won't be available until a decision is finally made on that front, so we decided it is absolutely silly to make anyone wait. Wouldn't you agree? (Maksimatic Bullet technology is patent-pending)
And we're already making news:
Designed on purpose, with purpose.
URGENT: Fitment Guide
PLEASE MEASURE your cylindrical opening to know for certain whether or not it will fit into your vehicle. It's simple, if the diameter of your cylindrical opening is 2.75 inches to 3.25 inches it should fit in snugly with out any issues (at exactly 2.75 inches it might sit in a bit tall) The increments for sizes are 1/4 inch diameter differences between the sleeves at base, in addition the base sleeves are angled which gives you a little more flexibility. Example: diameter of cylindrical opening is actually 2.95, so one can choose to either have one (1) sleeve on base with it about halfway entering standard cup holder cylinder (sitting high) or have no sleeves on and have it fully inserted (sitting low). If your cup holder opening is larger (up to 3.5 inches max) and you really want The Maksimatic Bullet nonetheless, please pledge $30 ($5 extra) and let us know us and we will gladly send you an adapter (extra large sleeve) If you have any other questions regarding fitment please let us know!
Now that we have the styling, the overall concept and the dimensions just right, we know that it is time to move forward. We simply cannot afford to let the world miss out on a cup holder that isn't just this "cool" or "avant-garde", but one that actually SOLVES an everyday problem that we all have to deal with: worrying about our beverages either falling out of their holders or spilling when we take a sharp turn, slam on the brakes or park on too steep of hill. Not only did our original concept solve all of these issues, but the Maksimatic "bullet" does just as well! Now we are ready for production! We've met with our manufacturer over and over, we have received the quotes for the tooling charges and purchasing thresholds, we've done all of the complex calculations and after testing a variety of different units in everyday situations, we are ready to bring our final concept to the world! It's not cheap, manufacturing never is! We're not just making a cup here, there are multiple pieces involved which will all be made in their own methods with their own individual finishes. This unit as a whole, truly is amazing and does a lot of great things. We are so excited to be able to offer it to you for just $25! But only if we reach our goal, so TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW:) because chances are, they need one too. We feel confident that the moment you start showing it off to your friends, they're going to want one too.
The Maksimatic Bullet not only carries up to a 32 oz beverage when utilized as an adapter for larger beverages, the swivel cup alone can also be used as a spill catcher. Neat!
Initial contributors (anyone who contributes here for a bullet within this Kickstarter campaign) will receive our special edition, "Silver Bullet". This way you know you were truly a part of something special and that you were a pioneer in the next logical step in cup holders!
We are ready for the world to start enjoying these! We know that we will eventually be successful moving forward. Even to this day, people ask us when and where they can get one. The world doesn't only deserve a Maksimatic Cup Holder, they NEED one to keep them safe from spills while driving. The Maksimatic Cup Holder, no less the Maksimatic Bullet, offers unmatched peace-of-mind where your beverage holding experience is concerned. This is why we can't even begin to thank you enough for your contributions. We are so ready for this.
See you on the other side everyone!
In the absolute highest regard,
Risks and challenges
Our biggest risk is simply the fact that we have been testing out a prototype this entire time and have never actually had an opportunity to test out a fully completed, manufactured version of this cup holder.
This means that our end user's experience will be different than our current experience with our 3D printed prototype.
The good news is that according to my engineer, the plastic that will be involved with the plastic injection molding process will actually be much smoother and have much less friction while gliding, tilting and swiveling against the circular opening of the shell.
To ensure that there are no issues, the tooling order will come with a few samples pre-made. We will not order the thousands of units for our contributors until we LOVE how it works. Once again, the good news is that even our prototype works very well so there shouldn't be any issues. Worst case scenario it might take a little more time than anticipated. Nonetheless, our delivery dates are based off of the pre-determined time frames that were given to us by our professional team.
We will absolutely be sure to keep everyone updated as necessary with any challenges that may arise. Thank you so much for your understanding.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)