- Exterior: Waterproof Italian leather.
- Interior: Electrified Shearling sheepskin.
- Insole: Reinforced sheepskin insole. Removable and replaceable.
- Outsole: Anti-slip high traction rubber.
- Opening: Genuine YKK jumbo plastic zipper.
Sizing and dimensions
- Sizes available: 5 to 11 US women’s.
- Heel: 4.4 cm.
- Shaft height (from top of heel): 16.5 cm.
- Circumference of opening: 27 cm.
Manufactured by PAJAR, in downtown Montréal
For the past 55 years, family-owned Pajar has been producing high-quality winter boots and outerwear from their headquarters in downtown Montréal. They have garnered a reputation for top-quality, long-lasting products that stand up to the winters in the province they call home.
At a time when local manufacturing is becoming increasingly rare, we at Maguire are proud to have one of the best in our own city, and thrilled that they have agreed to partner with us for the Rachel Boot.
The best price
Who are we?
Maguire Boutique was founded one year ago out of a passion for beautiful and uncompromising design. Sisters Myriam and Romy are both the founding partners and all the employees, and in their thirty-something Québec winters, they’ve gone through a lot of boots!
Myriam always wanted to make footwear. She studied Industrial Design at UdeM, and Footwear Design at the prestigious London College of Fashion. She did a stint at the United Colors of Benetton design research lab in Italy, and a summer with Montréal’s own Pajar.
Also in Montréal, Myriam spent five years at the Aldo Group’s world headquarters, where she developed over 3000 pairs of shoes that found their ways into storefronts around the world. During this time, she would travel regularly to oversee international manufacturing, granting her a comprehensive end-to-end understanding of the footwear production chain.
Why a Kickstarter?
The Rachel boot is presently in production. Come November, we will need to pay our supplier Pajar.
In the past, we have paid for productions out-of-pocket. Why is this time different? Quite simply, it’s a matter of numbers. The cost of this type of product, due the complexity of the materials and manufacturing process, is much higher than anything we’ve produced to date.
As a two-person startup, we simply can’t carry that much risk by ourselves. But we love this product so much, we weren’t going to let that stop us!
Goals and Financing
Our goal is to secure pre-sale of at least 25 pairs of Rachel boots, for a total of $9 375. The rest of our payment will be made up by a loan from PME MTL and our own revenue.
Why order now?
1. Help make the Rachel boot a success! Do you value quality, fair prices, and local manufacturing? Express yourself ;)
2. Reserve your pair: As a limited run, only 150 pairs will be available in total. And that includes all sizes and colours!
3. Take advantage of promotional pricing: Get the best price when you pre-order one pair. Save even more when you team up for two!
Risks and challenges
(see section above)Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)