Incoming Transmission: CoOp Deduction Boardgame (plus App!)
A Compact, Cooperative-Puzzle Tabletop Game with Turn-Based play modes & OPTIONAL Digital Companion App for Real-Time Modes!
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, February 27 2019 5:00 AM UTC +00:00.
INCOMING TRANSMISSION is a Co-operative Board Game in which a lone-surviving Cadet is trapped alone on a critically-damaged science station in deep space which is about to self-destruct!
Players will assume one of two unique roles: One player must take the role of MISSION CONTROL and they alone will know what MISSION OBJECTIVES must be completed before the station explodes. It will be their responsibility to guide the other player(s) to complete all of the MISSION OBJECTIVES using only a set of 11 special COMMAND CARDS. They are not allowed to speak.
The other player(s) take the role of the CADET who must complete the three MISSION OBJECTIVES within the time- or round-limit using the COMMAND CARDS they receive from MISSION CONTROL. They will receive five of these cards at a time and will have to decode the order they actually belong in because they must be shuffled before given to the CADET each round.
Your Goal: Cooperatively fix the station before time runs out by deducing the correct order in which each set of instructions belongs, until all of the MISSION OBJECTIVES are complete. MISSION CONTROL is allowed to reveal when a MISSION OBJECTIVE has been completed, but that's all they can say until the end! But, if you run out of time on the clock, or exhaust your total number of TRANSMISSIONS before solving all three, it's GAME OVER.
Playing your first game is easy!
Choose a player to take the role of MISSION CONTROL, the other player(s) take the role of CADET.
1. CADET: Arrange the EMPTY CORRIDOR tiles as shown in the animation below. Shuffle up the OBJECT/STATION tiles Repaired (Green) side up and deal them out in the empty squares. Then flip over 8 tiles in the diamond pattern below to the Damaged (Red) side. Last, place the Cadet Meeple in the center tile on the board.
2. MISSION CONTROL: Shuffle up the three MISSION OBJECTIVE decks and draw one off the top of each, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Only you are allowed to look at them. Do not show them to the CADET. These are the Missions you will need to complete in order to win! (This part is called the PLANNING PHASE)
3. BEGIN PLAY! MISSION CONTROL selects five of the 11 COMMAND available to them, (hopefully five that gets the CADET closer to completing a MISSION OBJECTIVE,) shuffles them, and gives them to the CADET face-down.
The Cadet must place those five COMMAND cards in the order they believe is correct, and then execute those commands in that order. (This part is called the DECODE PHASE)
After executing the five commands, return the COMMAND CARDS to MISSION CONTROL. If the conditions were met for any MISSION OBJECTIVE at any time, even if for just a split-second, that MISSION OBJECTIVE is completed and may be revealed to the CADET.
Repeat step 3 until all of your MISSION OBJECTIVES are complete!
Next, you'll be ready to make the game even more exciting with:
What the Incoming Transmission Companion App IS:
- It is a digital helper that can add sights, sounds, and extra features to your game that are unrealistic to expect a human to manage while playing.
- It enables additional play modes and enhances existing ones without detracting from the core of the game.
- It will keep track of certain information for you and provide a unique gaming experience.
- It is an OPTIONAL TOOL, you do not have to use it in order to play Incoming Transmission.
- a FREE application for all players of Incoming Transmission.
What the Incoming Transmission Companion App IS NOT:
- It is not required in order to play or fully enjoy Incoming Transmission.
- It is not supported by, nor shall it include, any third-party ads.
- While the current demo is web-based, internet access will not be required to use the final application. (Backers will be offered a download link which will NOT be provided to the general public, if they prefer to install the application to their local device instead.)
- The Companion App is NOT a replacement for the physical game
Check it out one of its features in action here and stick around for a full play-through of the game with narrated turns so you can learn along with us:
Can we break through all of these goals? If we can, there's a lot more we can do! Check out these Stretch Goal upgrades and get ready to VOTE for which ones YOU want to see NEXT!
Planned Physical Game Stretch Goals Remaining:
- Card Upgrades; Ivory Core >> Linen Finish >> Black Core >> Plastic
- Box Upgrades; full-color Quick-Start diagram on box lid interior
- Pixel Meeples Increased size; 52mm >> 60mm
- Tile Thickness increased; 3mm >> 4mm
- Tile Features; Spot UV or Linen Finish? (Backers Choice! Watch updates for your chance to vote!)
- Thumb-cut Tile Corners; Easier to pick up and flip over quickly
- Tuckboxes for Card decks; Storage solutions!
Planned Companion App Stretch Goals Remaining:
- FULL-MEEPLOID-PANIC Timed Game Mode : Can you manage the countdown AND the Meeploid hunting you at the same time? The app will stop the countdown and give you an audio alert to stop everything when it's time for the Meeploid to act! (Digital app upgrade)
- MEEPLOID HUNT(ED) Dynamic Game Mode : The Meeploid is loose somewhere in the Station, but only the App knows where. Will the Cadet find it before it finds the Cadet.. ? (Digital app upgrade)
- Standalone Android App (sideload .apk file available for direct download)
- Standalone Android App (available directly from the Google Play Store)
- Standalone iOS App (this is the most expensive conversion; available on the Apple App Store)
Super Stretch Goals: Can we breach the legendary six-digit barrier with this KickStarter? Here's what's in store if we can!
- Meeploid Plushie (available for order as an add-on in PledgeManager)
- Free Companion App with new game mode for OVERWORLD
- Free Companion App with new game mode for FIRE OF EIDOLON
“Wasn’t this already on Kickstarter? What’s going on?”
Here it is, blunt and forward. We ran a KickStarter campaign for Incoming Transmission last Summer. It funded, and we were happy! We immediately started finalizing assets and began the long task of working with the manufacturer.
However, there was a long list of improvements & features we weren’t able to add due to not reaching certain stretch goals and we strongly felt that they should be part of the project. We asked our backers if we should attempt to sell an expansion at a later date, run a short Kickstarter to unlock those items, or just leave it alone. Over 90% of our respondents said we should go for another Kickstarter, and as we want to support our supporters, that is exactly what we are doing!
This campaign will not create any delays in production, for you or our previous backers. All the hard work is in process, and all this campaign will do it allow us to greatly improve the game’s quality and bring it to you faster!
We plan to use PledgeManager once again for our post-campaign management. If you want to get additional copies or add-ons you can either add the total to your Pledge right now, or wait until later in the PledgeManager Survey!
You will also be able to order previous Magic Meeple Games titles at special backer-only prices! Add any amount you like to your pledge and it will automatically be available credit for your PledgeManager Add-Ons Menu order.
Even more reviews and media covering Incoming Transmission in non-video format!
WE NEED YOUR HELP to get the word out about Incoming Transmission! Use these handy buttons below to automagically post about our campaign:
Download these free avatars to use on Social Media!
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping costs exist and we can't do anything to change that. But, we can try to offset this while remaining responsible and realistic. We have built in a substantial discount for ALL SHIPPING to all of our direct-backers. No shipping is free, but quantity orders will enjoy the best price-per-copy with the best volume pricing for shipping their orders with our flat-rate structure:
USA $6, Canada & World A $12, World B $18
Add extra copies of Incoming Transmission to your pledge for +$24 each. No additional Shipping charges!
(Retailers: USA $20, Canada $30, World A $40, World B $50. Final orders over $300 qualify for free shipping)
- World (B) - Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Chile, Croatia, Romania, Russia, South Africa (additional fees are required to ensure delivery of packages in these regions.)
- World (A) - All other countries not otherwise mentioned above.
Magic Meeple Games, LLC. is an independent publisher of high-quality board and card games. We are a family owned business that makes games for game enthusiasts and their families to enjoy. Our customers are our top priority and we have demonstrated this throughout our previous Kickstarter campaigns! You can always count on friendly service and clear, frequent communication!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
- Email: Orders @ MagicMeepleGames . com
- Twitter: @MagicMeeple
- Facebook: Facebook.com/MagicMeepleGames
- Instagram: Instagram.com/magicmeeplegames/
- or, Send us a direct-message here on KickStarter
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter!
- Game Design: Michael Lipton
- Illustrations: Jeff Perryman
- Pixel Art, Graphic Design, Game Development: Ian Stedman
- Rulebook, Game Development: Nemo Rathwald
Risks and challenges
PREVIOUS PROJECTS STATUS:
2015 KS, Darkrock Ventures : Shipped, Fulfilled, and Now available!
2016 KS, Fire of Eidolon : Shipped, Fulfilled, and Now available!
2017 KS, Overworld : Shipped, US Fulfilled, Intl Shipping Now!
2018 KS, Incoming Transmission Early Bird KickStarter : Funded! Production on schedule thus far (subject to improvements based on the performance of the current campaign)
The publication of a board game is a complex process with many variables and parties involved from multiple countries. It can be prone to many mistakes and delays, even for experienced publishers with well-developed relationships with their suppliers.
We're proud to say that we are prepared for the task at hand and have years of experience in successfully producing board games and fulfilling Kickstarter projects. We have met unique challenged in each of our previous campaigns that have only equipped us with more experience to prevent similar delays again.
Here are the steps we take to prepare and reduce the likelihood of mistakes and delays:
1. We have done extensive pre-production. This includes having all the illustrations for the game complete and the graphic art is 99% complete. The production quote is in-hand and ready to be initiated. Several fees and partners have been paid in advance for this production, as well.
This process has been improved due to the challenges encountered in previous projects, and we have prepared even more in-advance than years past.
2. We are working with a highly-experienced manufacturing partner. We are familiar with their production requirements, timelines, payment schedules, communication methods, pre-press checkpoints, and freight arrangements and costs for when it comes time for shipping. We also plan to provide tracking information for the boat when the games leave China.
3. We are working with experienced fulfillment partners with a wide range of options. Amazon has been immensely effective for quickly distributing our products within the USA. We will again consider our options for international shipping when the time comes, both Happyshops and ShipFromChina have worked out very well in the past.
As always, we will pay close attention to our shipping and manufacturing options to make sure we are making responsible decisions all the way down to the end-user's experience. We delayed Overworld's production intentionally to ensure the components could be improved to the standard that our backers expect to receive and we aim to never need do so again.
The only thing we are more dedicated to than the quality of our products is backer communication. We will be transparent with our process and involve our backers as much as possible. We will be present daily during the project to answer any questions you have! We read every comment. We will also provide regular updates and supply photos of the progress throughout the entire journey, we want you to be a part of the creative process as early-adopters of our products.
Thank you for your confidence and support!! Let's bring Incoming Transmission to game tables (and phones/tablets/computers) AROUND THE GLOBE!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter