Incoming Transmission is a 10-30 minute, 2-5 (or more) player, game of deduction and strategy. Players must work together to achieve victory, but each side plays with slightly different rules.
Player one takes the seat of MISSION CONTROL. Their job is to review the MISSION CARDS, which only they are permitted to see, and plan the best course of action to fix the station.
Player two, and any additional number of players you wish to add, take(s) the role of the CADET, the lone survivor on the Station.
The Cadet side, if more than a single person, may speak freely amongst themselves. These are the multiple voices arguing in the head of the space-mad Cadet. MISSION CONTROL MAY NOT SPEAK and should remain completely poker-faced to the best of their ability to play in the spirit of the game.
Each round, Mission Control will secretly choose 5 cards from the 11 available COMMAND CARDS which have simple one-word instructions (EAST will move the Cadet one tile East, and so on) and SHUFFLE THEM.
They must choose carefully because only 2 of each direction are available and 1 of each interaction command (COLLECT, DEPLOY, and REPAIR) exist in the deck.
After Mission Control shuffles the 5 Command cards and then turns over a TRANSMISSION CARD. These cards will be made into a stack when you set up the game, each one counts for one round of Communication before the Station self-destructs. The Transmission Cards will show you the current communication conditions.
- - ? - Lines are ordinary shuffled commands.
- Numbered, Green Lines allow Mission control to show the Cadet a specific command for the register shown on the Transmission card. If 3 is lit, then Mission Control may indicate which Command should be performed third.
- Error, Red Lines force Mission Control to pick one additional Command Card at random from those they did NOT select for their 5 to give to the Cadet, and add one at random to their Command Card selection, shuffling it in.
The Cadet will need to examine the mixed-up Command Cards and decide how they should be re-ordered. They will need to be very careful in their selection, sometimes clues from previous rounds will be all they have to make the decision easier. Once the Cadet has locked-in their Command Card order, they will execute the commands from left to right, moving the Cadet meeple (which always begins in the center of the board) and Station Tiles accordingly.
For each Mission the Cadet completes, they may be rewarded with a SIGNAL BOOST card:
If Mission Control can guide the Cadet to accomplish the tasks on each Mission Objective Card before exhausting the Transmission Card stack, you win! If the Transmission Card stack runs out, it's GAME OVER.
That's how you play INCOMING TRANSMISSION!
Watch it played right now:
See the Reviews & Media section for awesome videos that will teach you more about how to play and improve your strategy!
More ways to play are coming via Stretch Goals, too! Back now to help us unlock these special expansion modes:
- Training Day - Try for the high score, how many missions can you complete with an extra-tall Transmission Card stack
- Self-Destruct Countdown - Race against a real clock to complete your objectives, playing without the Transmission Cards, because this mode is about speed.
- Watch the Kickstarter Updates for your chance to vote on even more!
Why back this project?
- We make games for game enthusiasts AND their families - Game time is family time and all of our games may be marked 14+ but always have Family-friendly content. Many backers have reported that their children are able to enjoy our games with them and we LOVE to hear that!
- Interactive Kickstarter Campaign - As always, we want our backers to help us decide what Stretch Goals to include next at several stages during and after the campaign to guide the direction of this game all the way to fulfillment. But that's not all, there's also a...
- Massively Multiplayer Backer-Controlled Cadet - You read that right. Back this project and you get to dive in playing RIGHT NOW by voting on the next moves the Backer Controlled Cadet will make.
- Outstanding Gameplay! - Incoming Transmission has earned the most praise of any game in our library so far. No matter if you prefer a quiet 2-player game or a raucous party-like experience, Incoming Transmission strikes that sweet spot that might be that one game that makes everyone in your group happy for different reasons!
- Generous Discounts! - Save $11 or more off MSRP by pledging on Kickstarter. Save even more by ordering multi-packs. You'll also get your copy of the game before the stores do!
- KS Exclusive Options! - Some of the offerings on our menu will only ever be available here and now! Check them out as they arise!
- Bundled Deals! - Go in with a group to save even more on each copy of Incoming Transmission plus get a Shipping Discount!
- Stretch Goals - Our biggest menu ever and some of our most ambitious goals so far! (See: possible Companion App!)
Pixel Meeples - We're aiming for stretch goals early to Laser Cut pixel meeples like we did for Overworld but we want to make these thick and chunky to stand up to all of the intense action!
Current Game Contents:
- 1 Cadet PIXEL MEEPLE - Currently 30mm Tall. We can improve it! more
- 1 Meeploid Alien PIXEL MEEPLE!
- 26 Station TILES! - Stretch goal to improve thickness available!
- 1 Compass Rose TILES!- Stretch goal to improve thickness available!
- 11 COMMAND Cards, blue - Stretch goal to improve card stock and texture available!
- 20 TRANSMISSION Cards, green - Stretch goal to improve card stock and texture available!
- 68 MISSION Cards, red - Stretch goal to improve card stock and texture available!
- 4 SIGNAL BOOST cards! - more can be added with social media goals!
- 1 Rulebook - Stretch Goals to include additional rules varaints available!
The Super Nano Enhanced Series is all about ENHANCEMENTS! We will be offering dozens of exciting stretch goals throughout the duration of this process. Watch the updates for YOUR chance to vote on what comes up next!
Current total: 5,060!
Upcoming Stretch Goals to be voted on by our backers:
- Ivory Core & Linen-finished Cards
- Thicker & Linen Finished Tiles (up to 4mm!)
- Thumb-cut corners on Tiles for easier pickup
- Box Insert
- Spot UV features on Box and Tiles
- Textured Plastic Command Cards - (Extra durability for the cards that take the most abuse)
- Free-to-download COMPANION APP - For mobile devices. To add atmospheric music, sound effects, Enhanced rulebook with narration, a special-featured countdown timer for to-be-announced play modes.
- Printed Board or Tapestry to replace "Blank Corridor" tiles
- PLUS EVEN MORE WAITING FOR YOU!
Incoming Transmission is BUZZING and earning high praise from some of the internet's most prolific and up-and-coming reviewers, just look at these awesome reviews and gameplay runthroughs!
“Incoming Transmission is a FANTASTIC coop, somewhere between Codenames and Bomb Squad” - NEVER BORED Gaming
"This game is soooo clever! ...Jen and I have enjoyed this very much...We both played both sides, they both have interesting decisions to make." - RAHDO RUNS THROUGH
"Incoming Transmission is a co-operative programming game that feels a little bit like Mastermind and Codenames put together...replayability on this game is really high you have so many different combinations." - TANTRUM HOUSE
"There so many things I love about this game! Im a huge fan of Codenames. We recently fell in love with Magic Maze...There is a lot of similarity between this game and those...I would absolutely recommend it for a game night bag so that you are playng with lots of new players each time. I think this will be a permanent addition to our game night bag" - BOCK'S GAMES
"It is a super fun, little co-operative game, we played it many many times, and that says something!" - UNFILTERED GAMER
"This is a really awesome two player experience! Since games are short, I replayed it in an effort to win several times in a row...which is not super common for me [to do]" - Theo GeekyGaymerGuy
It's as easy as 1, 2, 6! The more you order, the better your price! Quantity discounts available on shipping as well! You can increase your pledge by ANY AMOUNT at checkout as well for extra copies of Incoming Transmission (+$24 for each copy to any level) and more:
Q: But what if I want a different number of copies than what you have offered?
A: Add any number of extra copies of Incoming Transmission to your Pledge by simply increasing your pledge amount by +$24 per extra copy! It's that simple!
We believe that everyone should have access to the same game, even if they don't learn about us until years down the road, but we also want to give you, our HERE-AND-NOW supporters the option to get something special in your rewards that won't ever be available again.
Honorary Producer Levels
Our Honorary Producer Pledge levels are premium options that offer Kickstarter Exclusives:
- Get your copy of Incoming Transmission Autographed by the Team!
- Get an extra-early Preview copy of Incoming Transmission after the final files are ready via Print-on-Demand
- Honorary Producer Credit in Rulebook
- Special Naming Priveleges!
The most effective way to assure that we reach all of our Enhancement Goals is to share this project on your social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, blogs, etc. Share this project with EVERYONE! The sky is the limit!
Find us on Social Media:
Here are some Social media avatars you can download and use to help share the news!
To keep shipping costs affordable, all rewards for this project will be shipped from the region most economical to do so. Orders to the USA will be shipped from the USA. International orders may be sent directly from the manufacturer or may come from the USA. We wish to use the most financially responsible shipping method, and we won't know what that will be until the crates are ready to move.
To that end, whatever solution we opt for, this campaign will be remain US-Customs Friendly, CA-Customs Friendly, UK-Customs Friendly, EU-Customs Friendly, AU-Customs Friendly, and NZ-Customs Friendly.
If you are stuck with an erroneous Customs charge upon deliery, all you need to do is show us a copy of the charge and we will reimburse you for 100% of the added costs via PayPal. PLEDGE WITH CONFIDENCE!
Please refer to the FAQ for additional information.
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, but the reality is that shipping is very expensive and is a cost we all need to share. To offset this, while remaining responsible and realistic, we have included a small discount for ALL shipping. No shipping is free, but quantity orders will enjoy the best price-per-copy with the best volume pricing for shipping their orders:
- World (B) - Argentina, Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Chile, Croatia, Romania, Russia, South Africa (additional fees are required to ensure delivery of packages in these regions.)
- World (A) - All other countries not otherwise mentioned above.
Add-Ons and PledgeManager
We do not use Kickstarter's built-in survey system currently, we plan to use PledgeManager again for our post-campaign management. If you want to get additional copies or add-ons you can either add to your pledge now, or later in the PledgeManager Survey!
You will also be able to order previous Magic Meeple Games titles at special backer-only prices! (due to limited availability, please do not add to your pledge at this time for previous titles, they will be in the PledgeManager with accurate inventory levels)
Magic Meeple Games, LLC. is an independent publisher of high-quality board and card games. We are a family owned business that makes games for game enthusiasts and their families to enjoy. Our customers are our top priority and we have demonstrated this throughout our previous Kickstarter campaigns! You can always count on friendly service and clear, frequent communication!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @MagicMeeple
- Facebook: Facebook.com/MagicMeepleGames
- or, Send us a direct-message here on KickStarter
Learn more about us and what we believe in here.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter!
- Game Design: Michael Lipton
- Illustrations: Jeff Perryman
- Graphics & Game Development: Ian Stedman
Ian Stedman, Co-Founder & CCO
©2018 Magic Meeple Games, LLC. all rights reserved
***Kickstarter-Limited Exclusivity - Some of the content offered in this Kickstarter campaign will not enter regular distribution. However, in some rare cases, some content may become available in limited supply at conventions, through contests, online at the BGG promo store, and directly from MagicMeepleGames.com or our website or through our Amazon store. Any Content that is considered a Kickstarter-Exclusive will be marked as such.
All images, components, game mechanics etc. shown of the game are subject to change per manufacturer's requirements and/or the publisher's preference for what is in the best interest of the game and the backers.
Risks and challenges
PREVIOUS PROJECTS STATUS:
2015 KS, Darkrock Ventures : Shipped, Fulfilled, and Now available!
2016 KS, Fire of Eidolon : Shipped, Fulfilled, and Now available!
2017 KS, Overworld : Manufacturing, Shipping soon!
The publication of a board game is a highly involved process. It can be prone to many mistakes and delays, even for experienced publishers.
We're proud to say that we are prepared for the task at hand and have years of experience in successfully producing board games and fulfilling Kickstarter projects. We have met unique challenged in each of our previous campaigns that have only equipped us with more experience to prevent similar delays again.
Here are the steps we take to prepare and reduce the likelihood of mistakes and delays:
1. We have done extensive pre-production. This includes having all the illustrations for the game complete and the graphic art over 80% complete. The production quote is in-hand and ready to be initiated. Several fees and partners have been paid in advance for this production, as well.
This process has been improved due to the challenges encountered in previous projects, and we have prepared even more in-advance than years past.
2. We are working with a highly-experienced manufacturing partner. We are familiar with their production requirements, timelines, payment schedules, communication methods, pre-press checkpoints, and freight arrangements and costs for when it comes time for shipping. We also plan to provide tracking information for the boat when the games leave China.
3. We are working with experienced fulfillment partners with a wide range of options. Amazon has been immensely effective for quickly distributing our products within the USA and ShipFromChina worked very well for us with Fire of Eidolon and we expect it will again when Overworld is finished Manufacturing.
As always we will pay close attention to our shipping and manufacturing options to make sure we are making responsible decisions all the way down to the end-user's experience. We delayed Overworld's production intentionally to ensure the components could be improved to the standard that our backers expect to receive.
The only thing we are more dedicated to than the quality of our products is backer communication. We will be transparent with our process and involve our backers as much as possible. We will be present daily during the project to answer any questions you have! We read every comment. We will also provide regular updates and supply photos of the progress throughout the entire journey.
Thank you for your confidence and support!! Let's bring Incoming Transmission to game tables AROUND THE GLOBE!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)