About this project
Fire of Eidolon (pronounced Eye-Doh-Lawn) is a co-operative, tile-placement, dungeon crawler board game. Players act as Heroes trying to rescue the Fire of Eidolon from the clutches of the evil Cult of Shadows before it can be used to bring an ancient cosmic horror, the Dark Sorcerer, back to our world.
Fire of Eidolon is the first installment of our Super Nano Enhanced Series, and this project will undergo several ENHANCEMENTS during the campaign which can be achieved through Backer total Stretch Goals, Funding Stretch Goals, and Social Media goals, which will all be outlined below.
Fire of Eidolon is highly thematic and heavily inspired by the 16-bit era of Role Playing and Adventure video games of the 1990's. It is visually stimulating and loaded with stylistic parody and in-jokes that fans of retro videogames will appreciate while still being accessible and wholly enjoyable by everyone all within a unique, original, and compelling game that stands entirely on its own. There's nothing else out there quite like Fire of Eidolon!
- Great Gameplay! - High praise from reviewers, gamers, convention-goers of all ages for Fire of Eidolon!
- High Replayability! - Fire of Eidolon is never the same game twice! Procedurally generated Dungeons and unique Heroes make every game a brand new story!
- High Accessibility! - Fire of Eidolon has an extremely gentle learning curve and is extremely easy to pick up and play! The game can be taught in about FIVE MINUTES!
- Backer-only Discounts! - After all Enhancements from this campaign, Fire of Eidolon will have an MSRP of $35. Our Backers can get it right now for $24 no matter how much content is added on through Enhancements and Stretch Goals! That's a savings of up to $11 per copy!
- ENHANCEMENTS! Stretch Goals! Achievements! - Your pledge WILL make the game better! Together we will make it awesome!
- Simplest Bundle Pricing on KickStarter! - Order as many copies of Fire of Eidolon as you want at $24 and pay shipping only for the first one! Boom. Done. No spreadsheets. No tricks.
- Customer Support - It is our duty and honor to put your concerns at ease throughout the ENTIRE production process. If you have a question or just want to say hello, reach out to us!
CURRENT GAME CONTENTS:
This will change and evolve as we unlock stretch goals and add Enhancements!
- Box - Same size as a 16-bit Video Game box! Standard
- Rulebook - Same size & style as a Video Game manual! Standard
- 26 Chamber Tiles - 2.5", now 1.5mm thick!
- 12 DIE-CUT Hero Standees - 6 extra Heroes added! Now 2mm thick!
- 12 Hero Cards - Full color giant cards, 6 extra Heroes added! Now 310gsm Ivorycore Stock!
- 4 Difficulty Settings & 4 Scenario Cards - Full color front and back giant cards, 8 Difficulties total standard Now Ivorycore Stock!
- 21 Card 'Ritual' Deck & 3 Event-Trigger cards - Full color poker-sized cards, now Ivorycore cardstock!
- 25 DIE-CUT Tokens 'Cultists' - Full color, 3/4" 2mm chipboard standard.
- 7 DIE-CUT Tokens of Strength - Full color, 3/4" 2mm chipboard standard.
- 7 DIE-CUT Tokens of Dexterity - Full color, 3/4" 2mm chipboard standard.
- 7 DIE-CUT Tokens of Strength - Full color, 3/4" 2mm chipboard standard.
- 3 DIE-CUT Dark Relic Tokens - Full color double-sided, 1" 2mm chipboard standard.
- 3 DIE-CUT Vorax Tokens - For use with various scenarios
- 1 DIE-CUT Fire of Eidolon Standee - 1.5 "Full color double-sided w/ standee, now 2mm chipboard.
- 1 DIE-CUT Threat Level Tracker - Plastic card-clip standard.
- Zip-Lock bags to sort everything just how you like! Standard.
Throughout the campaign we will add additional goals to meet beyond our base funding goal. Each of those goals we achieve will add another ENHANCEMENT to Fire of Eidolon. Some of these Enhancements will behave like traditional Stretch Goals which most are familiar with, but some will be different. The following is a list of the current Enhancements ready to unlock!
Current Stretch Goal Quests:
SOCIAL MEDIA SIDE QUEST:
There are several ways to help support the Fire of Eidolon project, here is more information about each available Pledge level!
FoE Content Naming Terms: Name submissions must be no shorter than 3 characters and not excessively/unnecessarily long. Name submissions must not clash with the fantasy theme of the game. Only English letters, please. Backers are asked to submit three names in order, with 1 being the most desirable and 2 and 3 being back-ups respectively if the first choice cannot be used. Magic Meeple Games reserves the right to deny or modify name submissions as required, Backers will be given an opportunity to resubmit if this occurs. Backers will be given their choice of heroes on a first-come-first-served basis.
By now, you've read about how great Fire of Eidolon is, now we want to prove it!
PRINT IT! PLAY IT! & BACK IT! Follow the links below to find the FREE Print-N-Play preview edition of Fire of Eidolon. Please note: The Rulebook is a separate download.
The best thing you can do to help improve Fire of Eidolon is to donate or pledge. The SECOND best thing you can do to help Fire of Eidolon is to spread the word on your Social Media sites! Here are some fun social media avatars you can use to help express your fandom! Collect them all! Click on the buttons below to visit our pages:
Please use one of our free social media avatars!
Free Downloadable Fire of Eidolon Desktop Wallpaper!
Rewards for this project will be shipped primarily from the USA. Distributor/Manufacturer may collaboratively ship some rewards from other countries to save on shipping and customs costs.
Delivering Your Reward Responsibly
Our number one goal and responsibility is to deliver the rewards that our backers pledge for as soon as possible. Magic Meeple Games and its partners have years of collective experience overseeing planning and production to ensure Fire of Eidolon well be delivered to all backers in a timely manner. We ran into a speed bump with Darkrock Ventures but it is manufactured is likely to be in backers' hands before the conclusion of the Fire of Eidolon campaign. We have also taken measures to prevent the same delays from happening again. The bottom line is that Darkrock Ventures was produced and paid for on time, and while it has taken longer than we anticipated to deliver, it will deliver, and is doing so as we speak, and that is something we can all be proud of.
Every backer is important to us, regardless of location, just as much every pledge makes a difference, regardless of amount. Unfortunately shipping costs are something we all have to face, we have learned more about shipping and distribution and our service providers have become more creative in ways to save money. We are proud to offer FLAT RATE, CUSTOMS-FRIENDLY shipping available WORLDWIDE!
Oh, and that part about "Flat Rate"? We mean it, this time... it's really flat.
Adding additional copies of Fire of Eidolon will not incur additional shipping charges in this campaign. We are going to discount every pledge down to charging shipping on only the first copy of Fire of Eidolon in each order!*
*Shipping price is for delivery of one entire order to a single address.
*Residents of Brazil, Russia, and South America take note: to ensure your package is delivered, additional charges may be required to ensure delivery verification in certain regions of these countries. If these additional charges are not paid, the chances of lost packages in those regions increases sharply and our distributor is attempting to implement solutions to this problem. If you reside in any of these countries please inquire about your pledge before the end of the campaign as the $10 basic shipping charge cannot guarantee delivery in these countries.
Regarding Customs: Our shipping partner, Ship Naked, offers what they call "Customs-Friendly Worldwide Shipping" meaning they coordinate all transport, customs clearance, and brokerage from the factory to the destination using shipping depots all around the world. They have already laid the groundwork to ensure all packages will make it to backers in every country as smoothly and inexpensively as possible. While we cannot personally guarantee that no single person will have any customs difficulties on an individual level, we are confident in Ship Naked's ability to mitigate any potential issues and keep surprise costs far away from our backers and their ability to make it right should any such problems arise. We have had very few individual cases of customs difficulties and the processes have improved even more since those challenges have occurred. Pledge with Confidence!
After the Kickstarter campain ends, we will use PledgeManager to manage your orders and give everyone one last opportunity to add on to their pledge. There are no separate Add-Ons during the Kickstarter campaign, only the pledge levels.
If you'd like to add additional copies of the game to your pledge beyond what is available in the reward tiers, or if you would like access to the special FoE Backer price on our previous project, Darkrock Ventures, you will be able to do so within PledgeManager after this Kickstarter campaign ends. (PledgeManager will charge backers separately for any additional add-ons beyond what was pledged for in the Kickstarter.)
Magic Meeple Games, LLC. is a tabletop publishing company based in Phoenix, Arizona. By gamers, for gamers, we are Magic Meeple the Boardgame People! Founded, co-owned, and operated by a husband/wife team; We are passionate, lifelong tabletop gamers and we want to show that passion through the games we choose to design, develop, and publish. In our first campaign, Gamelyn Games partnered with us to elevate Magic Meeple Games to their level of quality and customer satisfaction straight out of the gate and we continue to uphold that standard as we move forward with our first solo campaign, Fire of Eidolon!
Magic Meeple Games began in the industry years ago through independent game design, company co-owner Ian Stedman is a published designer himself and has worked on several projects for several other publishing companies as a consultant. This is the second core entry into our publishing catalog, but not our first experience with the boardgame industry by any stretch. We would not ask for your pledges if we were not confident in our ability to fulfill the obligations we have set forth for ourselves. We have worked hard to hone our craft and learn everything necessary to produce quality games at competitive prices and at last we have the tools we need to do so. Now, we need your help to make it all real!
Our customers are our #1 focus and we are honor-bound to provide the most friendly & prompt service and communication we possibly can. Please do not hesitate to contact us on Twitter @MagicMeeple, find us on Facebook.com/MagicMeepleGames, send us message directly on Kickstarter, or you can even email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You can learn more about Magic Meeple Games HERE.
Most of all, I want to thank each and every one of your for your belief and support in this project! Please share it with your friends and family, spread the word!
All the Best,
Fire of Eidolon Game Design : Michael Lipton
Developed by: Ian Stedman
Art by: Andreas Propst & Brandi York
KS Video Creation & Editing: Chris Rowlands
KS Video Voiceover: Ian Stedman
Ks Video Music: "Opening", "Danger", and "Barbarian King" by avgvsta is licensed under CC BY 3.0
Published by: Magic Meeple Games
Images/components shown of the games are subject to change per manufacturer's requirements, and the publisher's options for what is in the best interest of the game and the backers. Magic Meeple Games is not affiliated directly or otherwise with Nintendo, Sega, or Square Enix. Any apparent similarities between imagery and concepts contained within Fire of Eidolon and those belonging to a copyrighted property is parody. Fire of Eidolon is an independent board game production inspired by 1990's-era console video games of the Adventure / Role-Playing genre. Fire of Eidolon is not a video game. Fire of Eidolon is not based on any specific video game in particular. All Artwork contained in Fire of Eidolon are original commissions owned by Magic Meeple Games. Some pre-production and playtesting content may contain temporary placeholder imagery that will not appear in the final physical product which this campaign is meant to promote.
Risks and challenges
The publication of a board game like Fire of Eidolon is a complicated, time consuming, and expensive process. It is prone to many surprises and problems even for experienced publishers. Fortunately our team is comprised of exceptionally experienced and talented individuals, with years of expertise in Game Design, Game Development, Print Publishing, Product Manufacturing, Project Fulfillment, Art, Technical Documentation, Retailer Support, Retail & Online Sales, Technology Support, and Graphics Design.
We co-published our first project, Darkrock Ventures, with the collaboration of the exceptionally experienced Gamelyn Games, and that project was a SUCCESS. We at Magic Meeple Games are proud to say that we are prepared for the task at hand and have even more experience and knowledge in our corner with successful fulfillment of board game projects.
Our first project fell a few months short of our target Shipping date, we have identified several contributing factors to that delay and have actively made improvements in our process to prevent the likelihood of such delays happening again. Here are the steps we are taking to prepare and reduce the likelihood of mistakes and delays:
1. We have done even more extensive pre-production for Fire of Eidolon than our last project. More of the Art and Graphic design was handled in-house for this project and we eliminated opportunities for this aspect of the project to cause delays. Portions of the project which we will be handling with the help of contractors is in process already and in many ways, already complete. We are better prepared this time around to go to print right after the campaign than we were for Darkrock Ventures, and pending the Enhancements (Stretch Goals, etc.) we will be able to produce and ship with a more realistic target turnaround.
2. We are proud to be working with Panda Game Manufacturing again, the same manufacturing industry veterans Gamelyn Games, among others, have used to create their previous projects. This is the same manufacturer with whom we worked for Darkrock Ventures. We have a great relationship with their team and we are now even more familiar with their production requirements, timelines, payment schedules, communication methods, freight arrangements, and customs fees. Together, we have accomplished great things and we know that Fire of Eidolon will be just as outstanding!
3. Professional distribution is already in place, and we are proud to say it will be handled once again by Ship Naked. They have been responsible for the fulfillment of previous Gamelyn Games/Magic Meeple Games titles. All of which were delivered reliably and professionally. Ship Naked has proven to be communicative, punctual, and customer service minded. They are responsible for our new shipping schedule, with is now even MORE cost-effective for backers outside the USA!
During the manufacturing of Darkrock Ventures there was a technology failure that caused a delay. Things such as this sometimes cannot be helped no matter how prepared you may be. No project is immune to the possible mishap, but this road is familiar to us, our distributor, and our manufacturer (who made up for it by upgrading DRV's box for us!) and we are confident in our ability to deliver our products to our backers and fans.
Thank you for your confidence and support!
Above all, We are 100% dedicated to customer service and backer communication. We will be transparent with our process, and involve our backers as much as possible.
We will be present DAILY during the project to answer any questions or read any comments and we will provide regular updates and supply photos of the progress when possible.
Thank you for your trust in us! We couldn't do it without you! Look what we accomplished together with DRV! Let's bring Fire of Eidolon to the gaming world, too!
Previous Project Status
Darkrock Ventures : 200%+ Funded via Kickstarter, Fully Manufactured, All Invoices Paid, Currently shipping to Backers (as of 7/11/2016)
Slated to release as official DLC on TableTopia and Tabletop Simulator.
Darkrock Ventures Expansion Pack #1 : Fully Manufactured, All Invoices Paid, Currently Shipping, to be available on BGG store Q3 2016.
Our backers make our games possible! THANK YOU for your support!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (29 days)