Developer Update #7: Alpha Version 0.15 Release
We’ve been making good progress on meeting our goals for World Engine. Version 0.15 of the Alpha is now live with several fixes, additions, and updates based on your feedback. Feel free to jump in and test drive the latest version. We look forward to your feedback!
Notice of Change
One of the major changes in this version release is an overhaul of the save / load systems. This major change caused us to rewrite some of the core elements of the systems, but unfortunately makes any prior saved maps incompatible with the new system. The new system gives us a lot of flexibility moving forward and should make all current map saves / loads compatible with future updates.
- Roller Tool revamped for better response and performance.
- Added Scale, Rotation, and Position to Roller Tool / Selection, so you can now rotate and scale tiles prior to placing them, or scale, rotate, and move position of selected tile(s) when using the selection tool.
- Fixed several issues with snap to grid for the roller tool.
- Tile size now works as intended for odd sized tiles, including rotated tiles for snap to grid.
- Justification of Roller Tool is now defaulted to upper left corner for better fitting to grid locations. (Changing justification will come in later update).
- Added support for rotated and scaled tiles in the undo / redo functions.
- Initial UI for exporting maps now allows for height, width, and dpi customization when exporting map.
- Fixed issue with white-spaces on login usernames. White Spaces are now removed prior to authenticating usernames.
- Enter key now functions as clicking the login button on the login panel.
- Enter key now functions as save button when saving a map.
- Visual bugs fixed with eyedropper tool.
- Visual bug fixed with fill color selection.
- Wall tile selection bug fixed.
- Several back-end bugs fixed.
- Performance updates to the draw methods. This should increase the performance of drawing with the Pen and Roller Tool.
- Several minor adjustments to vector engine to improve support for upcoming tool features.
- Updated map save / load systems to handle new Roller Tool system and added back-end infrastructures.
What’s next? As we mentioned in the last update, we’ve updated our Trello board by adding a version layout showing what each new version of World Engine will have in it. This will give us the flexibility to move features between upcoming versions, based on our production schedule or any issues that may arise during development. Between versions we will release minor version to include any critical bug fixes, logic errors, and other issues that are reported from community testing.
Again thank you for your support and we look forward to your feedback on the updated version of World Engine. The feedback you all provide is very important us, as it allows us to make World Engine the best it can be.
You can follow our development progress on our Trello Board here: https://trello.com/b/oqonhCvc
Drop in and chat with us, report a bug, or request a feature in our Discord channel here: https://discord.gg/Rv9q3UR
Bugs, requests, and questions can also be posted in our forums here: https://forums.mesamundi.com/index.php?forums/general-discussion.50/
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for reporting bugs / issues or send us some feedback by using our feedback form here: http://d20pro.com/world-engine/world-engine-preview-feedback/
Game On & Happy Map Making!
The Dev Team,
Granger & Fendruil