12 Realms: Dungeonland (Canceled)
12 Realms: Dungeonland (Canceled)
A twisted dungeon crawling game for 1-4 heroes. Master your skills and get ready for a multilevel gaming experience!
A twisted dungeon crawling game for 1-4 heroes. Master your skills and get ready for a multilevel gaming experience! Read more
About this project
The standalone game 12 Realms: Dungeonland expands the fairytale world with a dungeon-crawling game by Twisted Brothers in which powerful magic has mutated the lands of the 12 realms, invading their tales and attempting to change them forever.
Evil spreads everywhere, twisting and mixing the tales in sinister stories where the ending is never good. Horrific villains have come back for their revenge on the heroes of the tales, this time more dangerous than ever. The source of this magic is unknown, yet whispers of an ancient evil spread through the lands. The once green fields and lush forests are now dark and dead as nothing grows anymore and all the beauty of the realms is gone. With more tales being affected by the dark magic every day the heroes of the tales combine their powers to save the 12 realms and banish this evil once and for all.
In the game, the players take on the roles of famous folklore characters like Little Riding Hood and Prince Charming, each with a unique ability, then attempt to travel across the tales to stop the great villains that have returned by dark magic to change their endings to bad ones and cast the realms into eternal darkness. In their quest to fight this great evil, the heroes face great challenges, but they will have at their disposal powerful weapons, skills, and ancient magic. They will travel across many tales gathering clues about the source of this mysterious evil, while fighting for their lives using a unique combat system that features a set of completely custom dice. Through their adventures, the heroes will gather experience, hone their skills or acquire new ones using an innovative skill-tree system offering tons of customization and options, collect gold, and find powerful artifacts to aid them against the foul magic that has spread through the lands.
The heroes will face strong villains and their minions with a new A.I. system that allows the bosses to react to certain circumstances while utilizing amazing abilities that will challenge the heroes' might and resourcefulness. The battle for the 12 realms has just begun, yet time grows short as more and more tales are being corrupted by this foul magic. Will the heroes be able to find and stop the source behind it before it's too late, or will the tales be lost forever into twisted evil versions of themselves?
1) Not an expansion. 12 Realms: Dungeonland is a standalone game. This means you do not need to have any of the other 12 Realms games. This is not an expansion. You can just grab a box, gather with friends and start your epic battles!
2) Cooperative, but not as 12 Realms base game. 12 Realms: Dungeonland is a cooperative game too, but it offers a completely different experience from 12 Realms base game. The only thing these two games have in common is the theme. They are both set up in a fantasy fairy tale world, so Heroes, items and monsters will be inspired from this theme. However the gameplay is totally different and the two cannot be compared.
3) The Campaign Mode. The main way to play 12 Realms: Dungeonland is through the campaign mode. The Heroes explore their way through multiple scenarios. All of the scenarios all linked to each other and the decisions you make will affect the plot of the scenario. This means that your decisions affect the story, so be careful what you choose and what you do!
4) The Arena. The game also includes an Arena board, where up to 8 players can involve in battle. The Arena offers 2 different game modes: The Duel: Players create 2 teams of 2, 3 or 4, depending on their number and battle each other. Which will be the team to be the last one standing? Waves of Enemies: This is a tower defense type mode, which will be used as a bonus stage between the different scenarios. In this mode, the Heroes battle against waves of enemies. The more waves they manage to defeat, the more rewards the get to continue their campaign.
5) The Master Quest. This is one of the unique features of 12 Realms: Dungeonland. You want to get the feeling of a complete campaign, but you do not have the time to play all the scenarios? 12 Realms: Dungeonland will feature the Master Quest, a single scenario that will give you the feeling of a complete campaign. This means that you will get the chance to experience the Hero development, the different choices that lead to different story endings and the Boss battle, all in a single session. No need to arrange several meetings with friends, experience everything in a single go.
6) Character Development. Each Hero has their unique starting gear and ability. During the campaign you can evolve your Hero by finding new items, weapons, spells, potions etc. At the same time, you can unlock new skills from the various skill categories that are offered through the game, to suit your playstyle. This means that even if you play the same Hero twice, they can be a totally new character and offer a different experience.
7) Exploration. The exploration mechanism is one of the key features of the game and offers great replayability. Through this clever mechanism, the dungeons and monsters are randomly generated each time, which means that two sessions will never be exactly the same. Furthermore, this mechanism is designed in a way to make you further immerse in the exploration of the magical dungeons, thus enhancing the game experience.
8) Gameplay. 12 Realms: Dungeonland is designed in such a way that it is streamlined and easy to learn and play making it suitable for families, without taking away the depth and strategic options that gamers would like to experience in a dungeoncrawler.
9) The perk of having the previous 12 Realms. As we said, you do not need to have the other 12 Realms games to play Dungeonland. However if you own any of the previous games, a conversion kit will be offered through the Kickstarter campaign, that converts all Heroes and their starting gear and abilities from the existing 12 Realms titles, making them suitable for Dungeonland. This means that you can take your favorite Hero and their miniature and use it in the game.
10) Kickstarter Exclusive items!
• Choose a hero and take their starting items, hero token, and miniature. Then, choose the scenario you wish to play.
• Place the starting tile and the heroes to their starting positions.
• One hero plays their turn: Open the first door. Draw 1 card from the exploration deck. Place the indicated tile, sceneries and monsters on it.
• Determine the initiative order with the hero and monster cards
• Play the actions of the heroes and monsters as indicated by the initiative order: a) Heroes have 2 available actions: move, explore, attack, cast a spell, use a skill, interact, swap/ trade equipment, rest, loot & b) Monsters move and then attack
• Start the next round
• Draw an event card
• Keep playing using initiative order. This gameplay occurs the master quest and the campaign. The arena mode includes different rules.
Try out the digital version at Tabletopia
Download the PnP files of the Dungeonland Demo HERE
DOWNLOAD THE DRAFT RULES HERE
The following video previews the base elements of the game when you play a scenario (not master quest or arena). We sent the pnp version few weeks before the finalization of the game.
MORE COMING SOON...
To include an add-on item, click on the "Manage your pledge" button on the top right corner of this page. Increase the appropriate amount.
We ship the games through two different warehouses. One is located in Germany and we ship the games to all countries except USA. This warehouse uses courier however we offer low costs in order to avoid taxation from customs especially in countries like Brazil or Canada and so on.
However sometimes and especially in Canada it looks that GLS works with local couriers and there is the case of additional handling fees. In any case we present low costs to reduce that rates. The other warehouse is located in USA where we use Funagain Games to ship our games.
What's the program we will follow to deliver the game on time:
June: At the end of June we will receive the funds. Starting from the campaign and until the end of June we will prepare the pledge manager and the surveys.
July, August: We will finish the remaining minis sculpts and proceed with the molds. The molds usually need about 2 months to complete. While we will be waiting for the molds, we will complete the graphics for the rulebook and final components of the game.
September-November: In the last days of August we will send the printing files to the factory. This process takes 1-2 weeks until all files are finalized and checked carefully. The printing and the final packing of the game will take 2 full months.
December-January: We will book the ship, arrange paperwork and customs. This takes 7-10 days max. The ship to Germany needs one month and about four weeks for USA. We calculate the holidays period so there may be some delay. At end of January the games will be in the warehouses. As long the ships will be on the way to the corresponded ports, we will add all the orders in the online systems of both warehouses.
February-March: We have to wait 1-2 weeks for the German warehouse to begin shipping and 3-4 weeks Funagain Games. Around the 3rd week of February and until mid-March all backers will receive their rewards. We added 1 more month in our estimated delivery in case something goes wrong and because in the past we have faced many things, so is better to add more time and be sure for the delivery.
MAGE Company is a board game publisher based in Eastern Europe and partially in theUSA. The company was created back in 2010 for the purpose of creating new and exciting board games. Since then MAGE Company has published a variety of titles such as 12 Realms, Wrong Chemistry, Hoyuk, Raid & Trade, Carrotia, the Cohort and more. You can check more info for our board games on our official website.
The company is growing step by step, building new partnerships with well known publishers and distributors, like Edge Entertainment, Heidelberger, Ninja Division, Redbox, TenDays, BrainTeasers, Chaos Publishing, Blackfire and more. MAGE Company develops and publishes games that offer a different playing experience and always supports the main titles with new expansions that enrich our games with new content and mechanics. Matching the market standards, our board games always include high quality components. We publish a number of titles each year, each with its own style, theme and set of mechanics mechanics.
We would like to thank Olivier Bouchet and Magicraft for the miniature models, Loic Billiau, CDS Studio and Anthony Cournoyer for the art of the game, NLX and the playtesters who supported this project, our friends in USA who presented the game in several fairs and among them we would like to thank: Game and a Curry, Bubonicon, Coulee Con, TriCon, WGG Con, Archon, Nuke Con, Zapp Con, Noble Con, Mars Con, AnimoreCon, Bryce Con, Captain Con and more.
Risks and challenges
We always do our best to ensure quality products and fast production, however there is always the risk of delays. Supplier shortages, holidays, and weather conditions are just a few of the reasons a production run could be delayed. MAGE Company will do everything possible to deliver the project on time using its partners and all the things we have learnt from our past experiences.
We can refund you for a period up to 30 days after the end of the campaign. After that period, we use the funds for the production of the game and all we need to deliver our project.
If you find out that there are items missing after you receive your order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you the missing items as soon as possible.
Our current estimation for delivery is March 2018. History has shown, however, that no matter how well you plan things, there is always a chance of delays. In any case, MAGE Company will do its best to deliver the project on time.
If a package is not delivered due to a backers fault (wrong address given, backer did not claim the delivered package from their post office, etc.), the backer may be asked to pay additional shipping fees for the item to be sent out again.
Thank you very much,
MAGE Company LTDLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (21 days)