What is Scurry?
Scurry is the story of a colony of mice in an abandoned house who are struggling to survive a long, strange winter. The humans are all gone and the sun is rarely seen. As food becomes scarce and many mice fall ill, the scavengers are forced to search farther from their home, braving monster infested lands in search of anything that will help the colony survive another day. Being hunted by feral cats and predatory birds is part of life for these mice, but beyond the fences stalks something far more fearsome...
All 3 books are available during this Kickstarter, in oversized paperback or hardcover format. In total over 300 pages.
Scurry Book 3: The Shadow's Curse
Scurry: The Shadow's Curse is the third book in the Scurry series and wraps up the storyline started in Book 1. Our two mouse heroes have found a way to save the colony, but must return home to tell the others before fear and desperation drives the nests to the city in search of food.
The Shadow's Curse is 112 pages and includes several pages of concept art, character biographies, process images and more.
In addition to the paperback and hardcover versions, book 3 is also available in an exclusive Kickstarter package which includes the hardcover, foil stamped slipcase, 3 prints, and 4 stickers. These will only be available during the Kickstarter, and once they are gone, they are gone!
Below is a video showing the printing process of book 2 to give you an idea...
The book is mostly finished. The story is complete and the artwork is about 70% done and I expect to have the final pages done by July. After some final preparations for printing and once the proofs are approved, the printing will be ready to go.
- Digital PDF tiers added!
- I try to keep reward tiers as simple and limited to insure that things go as smoothly as possible, but if you have any questions, feel free to message me here on kickstarter or by email at email@example.com.
- If you want a combination of rewards or extra books, simply add the price of the reward to your pledge (no need to include extra shipping on fewer than 5 books), and you can specify what you want in a survey that will be sent out after the campaign ends.
- For the bulk bundle tiers, I will message you about the number of each book you want after the Kickstarter is over.
- U.S. shipping for most tiers = $7 USD
- International shipping is unfortunately very expensive, but I have worked to reduce the cost as much as possible. International shipping = $15 USD in Canada and EU, $20 USD everywhere else (Does not include duties and taxes that may apply in your country.)
- Important note for international backers: I have offered EU and Canada friendly shipping in the past, but due to possible changes to trade laws, I can't promise it for this one. I still intend to avoid passing on customs fees, VAT taxes and tariffs for as many backers as I can, but it's possible that they may be unavoidable. You may be responsible for these fees.
- EDIT: I went ahead and added an international shipping option for the sketch tier, but unfortunately it's very expensive for me to ship those overseas. Those are $40 to ship (though it actually costs me $50-$60).
NEWLY ADDED TIERS: Hardcovers plus SLIPCASE FOR ALL THREE BOOKS
note: If you would like this slipcase added to the premium tier (to have both slipcases), just add 10$ to your pledge amount and message me and I'll add it to your order.
Mac is an artist, illustrator and writer based in Portland, Oregon (but has lived all over the country). He worked in the entertainment industry for over ten years primarily as a concept artist for videogames, but got tired of the studio grind, so he left Southern California and moved to a tiny apartment in the Pacific Northwest to set up shop as an independent artist. It hasn't always been easy (He makes far less money and has zero free time, etc.) but so far it's been one of the best decisions he's ever made. He loves creating art again. Hopefully, with your help, he can continue.
Doug is a dog. A very hairy, very mysterious dog. Mac doesn't know what kind he is, but everyone asks. If Doug knows, he isn't telling anyone. Doug is super secretive about his past.
Risks and challenges
I successfully fulfilled two Kickstarters for the first two books, and backers were very happy with them. So I have some experience.
Every possible precaution has been taken to ensure that the printing and shipping go smoothly, but it's possible that printing or shipping issues could arise and the book could be delayed. In such an unlikely case, backers will be notified and given updates on the reasons for the delay.
I understand the faith that backers have in me and my project so I'll be very transparent with everything that goes into the production of this book by posting frequent and timely updates, and being quick to notify backers of any setbacks.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)