Scurry: The Drowned Forest is an approximately 120 page book collecting the second part of the story along with several pages of concept art, character biographies, process images and more. Scurry appears as a webcomic that can be read at scurrycomic.com.
The first book, The Doomed Colony is also available again. The original Kickstarter can be found here. I made every effort to make sure the book lived up to backers' expectations and judging from the comments, it was a success. So let's do it again!
Below is a video showing the early proof process. The first step in printing is underway.
This book is about 20% longer than the first one. The story is complete and the artwork is about 85% done (I expect it to be nearly finished soon after the Kickstarter is over.) After that is some book design and some final preparations for printing, but once the proofs are approved, the printing will be ready to go.
- If you want a combination of rewards, simply add the price of the reward to your pledge (no need to include extra shipping on fewer than 5 books), and you can specify what you want in a survey that will be sent out after the campaign ends.
- For bulk orders, I will message you about the number of each book you want.
- International shipping is unfortunately very expensive, but I have managed to reduce the cost quite a bit since the last Kickstarter. It's still higher than I would like, but shipping is tough.
- U.S. shipping (for non-retail tiers) = $7
- Canadian shipping = $12
- International shipping (where available) = $16 (Does not include duties and taxes that may apply in your country.) EDIT: I went ahead and added an international shipping option for the sketch tier, but unfortunately it's very expensive for me to ship those overseas. Those are $40 to ship (though it actually costs me $50-$60).
- Scurry orders are now Canada and EU friendly!
I added a tier for people looking to upgrade their first book to the Premium edition by getting the foil stamped slipcase. Extras are not available right now, but may be available in the future on my store.
Mac is an artist, illustrator and writer based in Portland, Oregon (but has lived all over the country). He worked in the entertainment industry for over ten years primarily as a concept artist for videogames, but got tired of the studio grind, so he left Southern California and moved to a tiny apartment in the Pacific Northwest to set up shop as an independent artist. It hasn't always been easy (He makes far less money and has zero free time, etc.) but so far it's been one of the best decisions he's ever made. He loves creating art again. Hopefully, with your help, he can continue.
Doug is a dog. A very hairy, very mysterious dog. Mac doesn't know what kind he is, but everyone asks. If Doug knows, he isn't telling anyone. Doug is super secretive about his past.
Risks and challenges
I successfully fulfilled the Kickstarter for the first book this year, and backers were very happy with it. So I am much more experienced now.
Every possible precaution has been taken to ensure that the printing and shipping go smoothly, but it's possible that printing or shipping issues could arise and the book could be delayed. In such an unlikely case, backers will be notified and given updates on the reasons for the delay.
I understand the faith that backers have in me and my project so I'll be very transparent with everything that goes into the production of this book by posting frequent and timely updates, and being quick to notify backers of any setbacks.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)