Break the Mould.
We are an independent design studio. We don’t believe in mass production and the throwaway culture. Products should be personal, improve with time and become more special with every journey you take them on.
We rely on the quality of our designs to sell our products, they are marketed mostly by word of mouth from our customers rather than paid advertising. This means we can spend more on materials and manufacturing and still offer a better price than traditional high fashion brands.
Introducing the Cash Wallet.
We're back with our third wallet, we've learned a lot from the last two and are proud to announce the latest in our range. We've spent a long time refining the details, removing superfluous features and focusing on what is necessary.
- Store up to 5 cards (will stretch to fit a couple more over time if required). All accessible from the top without having to open.
- Hold up to 20 notes. Easily throw in a wad and slide each one out individually whilst keeping the rest secure. Works perfectly with British sterling, US dollars, Euros and every other currency we could get our hands on.
- Slip in your business cards, receipts, pics or (if you get lucky) that phone number…
- Responsible design in a minimal package. Product dimensions: 70mm x 91mm x 12mm (2.75" x 3.59" x 0.47") This takes the fastener assembly into account so the majority of it is a few millimetres thinner.
- Choice of three different colours (five if we hit stretch goals) of 1.4mm (3.5oz) full grain Italian, vegetable tanned leather. We've searched all over Europe for this. You'll be able to see, feel and smell the leather quality and it ages incredibly, picking up more character with every journey you take it on. Backs are sealed in the UK and left unlined to make the most of our prized leather.
- Hand stitched in your choice of seven thread colours.
- CNC machined brass or stainless steel fastener top. Our favorite part. We couldn't find anything we liked off the shelf so we designed our own. The brass will age beautifully with the leather and the steel will maintain a crisp look for a long time.
- Inscriptions: Up to 20 characters laser etched on the front.
- Inscriptions: Up to 50 characters laser etched on the inside.
You can find a the full product gallery at the bottom of this page.
It is important to us that we minimise the effect we have on the environment, every hide we use is a by-product of the meat industry. We do as much making in house as we can and all the materials we source are from reputable suppliers. Our full grain leather comes from Italy and is vegetable tanned using bark, branches and leaves. It takes skilled tanners around two months to finish the leather using this technique which leaves a beautiful, natural colour and finish compared to the often synthetic appearance of more common chrome tanned leathers. By using vegetable tanned leather we are minimising our impact on the environment too, which is good.
Every cash wallet will be put together in London and even our packaging is made from recycled and recyclable pulp. It has been designed to use as little material as possible and is sourced and letter pressed less than 30 miles from London.
We're proud to make this product in our London workshop, using a combination of traditional and digital methods. We buy the leather in from our partner tannery in Italy, where we have the backs sealed by a specialist UK company so we don't have to line it with any extra material.
The leather is laser cut and etched with branding and inscriptions at our workshop. Edges are beveled, the fastener is then attached before the parts are stitched together by hand and edges are finished off with a burnishing wheel.
Check below for a quick reference of available reward levels. We are offering a significant discount on our retail price to get the products in as many of your hands as we can, as ultimately, it is you that will spread the word and help put an end to disposable fashion.
Retail price: £60 no inscriptions, £70 with inscriptions.
- £40 (about $50 USD) - One cash wallet (no inscriptions)
- £45 (about $56 USD)- One cash wallet (with inscriptions)
- £45 (about $56 USD) - Early Delivery (no inscriptions) - Dispatched within 1 week of survey receipt
- £50 (about $62 USD) - Early Delivery (with inscriptions) - Dispatched within 1 week of survey receipt
- £75 (about $93 USD) - Two cash wallets (no inscriptions)
- £85 (about $105 USD) - Two cash wallets (with inscriptions)
- £110 (about $136 USD) - Three cash wallets (no inscriptions)
- £125 (about $155 USD) - Three cash wallets (with inscriptions)
- £160 (about $198 USD) - Three cash wallets (no inscriptions)
- £185 (about $229 USD) - Three cash wallets (with inscriptions)
Check the gallery of each option below. The Chilli and Cognac leathers will unlock if we reach our stretch goals. Our first stretch goal is £4000 to unlock Chilli leather.
Risks and challenges
There is always a bit of risk with projects but at the end of the day it's a wallet, and we've had quite a lot of experience making them over the last couple of years.
Really, the main risk to make you aware of is delivery time if the project goes crazy and we have a lot to fulfill. This is a contingency we're currently planning for and kind of hoping will happen.
We've had a few years of experience perfecting the materials and manufacturing methods that we use. All the new parts (metal fastener) in this project have been through a few design iterations and have been tested for months.
Basically, we're ready to go. We just need to raise a bit of money to pay for material costs and get a good rate on a bulk order. Any extra profits we make will go into the development of our next project which is well on its way so watch this space!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)