Mini Update, Mega News
- CE Week Show Floor Schedule
- Meet the M3D Pro!
- User Content Contest’s Results
This week (June 21st-23rd), we are attending CE Week in New York City. Come check us out at Booth 128 and see an early-release prototype of our brand new M3D Pro!
Wednesday, June 22
- 3:00-6:00 pm: Exhibit Floor open to VIP Press
- 6:00-9:00 pm: Exhibit Floor open for getgeeked NY tech enthusiasts
Thursday, June 23
- 9:00-5:00 pm: Exhibit Floor Open
Meet the M3D Pro!
We are extremely excited and proud to introduce the M3D Pro, a 3D printer designed in direct response to customer feedback, your feedback from earlier surveys. The new printer represents a paradigm shift in 3D printing. It is outfitted with an innovative tempered heated glass surface and boasts a larger build volume, faster print speed, embedded recovery mode, stand alone mode, advanced sensory network, and more!
The M3D Pro was designed to bridge the gap between consumer and commercial use. The larger, quicker, and more advanced M3D Pro delivers a reliable 3D printing experience derived from a number of innovations leading to new features. The Pro will offer the same ease-of-use and accessibility that has become synonymous with the M3D brand. Professional printers are often priced for more than $1000 while the Pro will be available for an entry-level price of $499 at pre-order.
The M3D Pro was designed in direct response to customer feedback. The new printer is outfitted with a heated bed option, outer dimensions of 10.5” cubed, and a larger build volume, allowing objects as tall as 7.8” to be printed—in turn making the Pro the most space-efficient printer ever to hit the market. Every hardware component within M3D’s newest model was built to optimize efficiency and accuracy while maintaining its inherent accessibility and affordability, simplifying the process of taking a 3D file to a 3D print for consumers and professionals alike.
The M3D Pro is the first 3D printer driven by two ARM-core processors and a network of more than two dozen sensors. By rapidly pooling and fusing data, the M3D Pro maximizes the performance of the printer while also improving the overall printing experience through better consistency and reliability. This monitoring includes multiple measurements of speed, filament usage, temperature, and power levels. A standout feature of this sensory data allows the M3D Pro to recover from power outages by saving information as power levels drop off.
- Heated Print Bed: An innovative tempered heated glass surface automatically adjusts temperature, providing a consistent printing experience and allowing for easy removal of printed objects
- Large Build Volume: Print objects up to 7.8” tall or 7.2” x 7.2” wide
- Embedded Recovery: The M3D Pro can recover from print failure, such as from power outages, pauses, and filament shortage or jams
- Stand Alone Mode: M3D’s software will automatically start printing and transfer print jobs to an internal memory chip, allowing the print to continue without being tethered to a computer
- Advanced Sensor Network: The world's first dual-ARM processor system fuses data from more than two dozen sensors to provide industry leading consistency and reliability
- Construction: Precision ground metal components, glass surface heated bed, durable ABS Frame
- Accuracy: 25-350 micron layer heights, 0.40 mm nozzle extrusion
- Print Speed: Typically prints filament at 60mm/s, and travels at speeds up to 120 mm/s
Software and Third Party Support
- Third Party Filaments: Compatible with all industry standard 1.75 mm filaments, including particle-filled materials and high-temperature materials (up to 270 C)
- Third Party Applications: Accepts standard G-codes, making it compatible with most 3rd party applications
- Free M3D Software: Available on Windows and Mac
Check out a time lapse video showing the new M3D Pro in action!
"I'm very proud of the team here, who went WAY above and beyond to help us create our second product in a very short time. We had a few solid ideas from before and combined with feedback from responses from our users, we used all of our prototyping skills to develop the right product package with features that we now know that you want and at an extremely affordable price. Our greatest hopes are now behind the Pro, which we believe will serve the industry for a generation to come. The Micro was a fantastic first product, and got us to being called the 2nd largest producer of 3D printers by volume (which feels weird given our relatively humble space). Like with all great tech companies, it will ultimately have been seen as the stepping stone, or the training wheels that carried us as we figured out how to hone our skills to create the perfect product for this industry. You'll see the Pro in production as soon as October 15th, so get ready!" - Michael Armani, CEO & Co-Founder of M3D
Sign up for updates at www.m3dpro.com! We also encourage you to check out the following articles about the M3D Pro:
User Content Contest’s Results
Thank you to everyone who took their time to submit entries for our user content contest! We were really impressed with all of the fantastic submissions that we received and would like to applaud all of you on a job well done. Without further ado, we would like to congratulate the grand prize winner of the contest!
Congratulations, Robert Green!
Robert will be the recipient of our entire collection of Tough 3D Ink! We will be in contact to arrange the delivery shortly. Amazing job, Robert!
Robert created a fully custom 3D printed enclosure for a laser etching tool using his Micro 3D printer. He says “It was necessary to fully enclose the laser because it is added to an existing CnC milling machine, and dust was going to be an issue if a suitable environment could not be maintained for the item.”
You can view the entire project here:
We had a tough time picking just one winner, so we would also like to congratulate a few runner ups! Each runner up will receive a *special* extra large spool of our Chameleon 3D Ink. Great job, everyone!
The official contest may be over, but please do not let this stop your creativity! We are always happy to see and reward your exciting projects, so do not hesitate to share your creations on our M3D forums and participate in community discussions.
As always, please reach out to us using the contact form on our website if you have any questions or concerns and we will make sure that everything is taken care of as soon as possible!
The M3D Team