September Mega Update
- Join us at Maker Faire NYC
- You are in the Guinness Book of World Records!
- The Micro is the #1 Trending 3D Printer
- The winner of our sponsored 3D Design Competition announced
Orders and New Products
- 99% of Kickstarter rewards and pre-orders have been delivered
- New orders ship within 1 week of purchase
- Chameleon, color-changing 3D Ink™ is now available
- The Micro will retail soon at a higher price
- First cross-platform software release (Windows, Mac & Linux) coming soon
- Multi printer software release coming soon
- Customer support response times have dramatically improved
- Great feedback from many backers and new customers
These past few months have been dedicated to revamping our customer support systems, making quality improvements, and pushing forward with exciting innovations for the growing community of Micro users. As we wrap up the last remaining Kickstarter rewards and move towards the retail market, we’re eager to update you on all of the latest M3D developments, starting with some very exciting news!
Bring your Micro to Maker Faire NYC! Sept 26 - 27
Want a free M3D T-shirt, exclusive filament, or perhaps a new retail Micro?! Bring your Micro to Maker Faire New York, show it off, and enter to win one of these awesome M3D prizes. (Visit our booth for more info.) Don’t own a Micro yet? That’s okay. In addition to filament and accessories, we’ll be selling every color Micro at the show except silver. And don’t forget your mobile devices, because there will be giveaways for posts on social media. All in all, the Faire is going to be a blast, so invite your friends! For more info, please visit http://makerfaire.com/. You can also check out our booth from last year’s Faire at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMGKLpg_RY.
Step aside Tallest Man, there’s a new Guinness World Record Holder—and it’s Micro sized!
The Micro 3D Printer’s Kickstarter Campaign has recently earned the Guinness World Record for “Most Money Pledged For A 3D Technology Product.” We were blown away by your support during our Kickstarter campaign, and together, we have developed a community around The Micro. Now that the world is beginning to see how incredible a community it is, we are extremely happy to share this accomplishment with you. We knew you guys were good, but now you’re record-breaking! Thank you for all your wonderful support, and congratulations!
The Micro is the #1 Trending Printer in this Month's 2015 3D Printing Trends Report by 3D Hubs
In addition to receiving recognition from Guinness World Records, The Micro was named the #1 Trending Printer in this month's 3D Printing Trends Report by 3D Hubs. A result of decreased shipping times and improved printer reliability, this is an accomplishment we are especially excited about.
Congratulations to the 3DShare/3DPrint.com Design Competition Winner
We would like to announce, in conjunction with 3DShare and 3DPrint.com, the WINNER of our first 3D Design Competition! http://3dprint.com/83154/m3d-3dshare-contest-winner/
Congratulations to Jhon Cuenca, creator of the Rabbit Charm Necklace and recipient of his VERY OWN MICRO 3D PRINTER! The Micro is designed to make stylish, creative, and useful prints as accessible as possible, and the Rabbit Charm is a perfect example of this.
Thank you to Jhon and the many others who shared their impressive designs. We may have been required to choose just one, but there are many other impressive designs you can browse through! Explore the entire collection of simple, yet useful design submissions here: http://3dsha.re/tag/micro/
Please also look out for future opportunities to win awesome M3D prizes. Whether you’re experienced or new to 3D design, there will be plenty of chances to win!
Of course, contest or not, please continue sharing your creations and experiences on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. New users really appreciate them, and so do we! In fact, we appreciate them so much that we will be awarding additional prizes to those who consistently share high quality print images or, even better, step-by-step project guides. Let’s keep The Micro community growing!
New Chameleon 3D Ink͑™
Now for some innovation! Our Chameleon, color-changing 3D Ink™ line is available in limited quantities at http://store.printm3d.com/. These filaments are made from the same high quality materials as standard 3D Ink™, but change to a rich white color when exposed to specific temperatures. Chameleon 3D Ink™ comes in 10 variations yielded from 7 colors and 4 temperature modes:
- ‘Hot’ (60°C/140°F) Chameleon 3D Ink changes color to white when exposed to temperatures greater than 60°C or 140°F.
- ‘Warm’ (45°C/113°F) Chameleon 3D Ink changes color to white when exposed to temperatures greater than 45°C or 113°F.
- ‘Touch’ (30°C/86°F) Chameleon 3D Ink changes color to white when exposed to temperatures greater than 30°C or 86°F. The heat from your hands will generally reach these temperatures.
- ‘Ice’ (15°C/59°F) Chameleon 3D Ink changes color to white when exposed to temperatures greater than 15°C or 59°F. This means the filament is white at room temperature and will return to its color when exposed to colder temperatures.
- “Very nice M3D! This is super easy compared to my other 3d printer and small that it fits my backpack. Cannot recommend this enough." - Kris DS.
- "I was a bit skeptical on this printer... But it really is a workhorse. My buddy and I have been running this thing for about 3 weeks straight, reproducing some Destiny weapons (video game). Each section is less than 4 inches, so the compactness of the printer doesn't hinder the project! Most plans/design files I've come across, all fit the working area of this printer. The quality is also great. My compliments to the company. I do recommend this printer to hobbyists/cosplayers to produce just about anything. " - Trenton C.
- "@micro3dprinter I was shocked.That's the medium quality,but micro print better than [...A Well-Known 3D Printer]. Awesome job, Applause and HUUUUGE RESPECT!" - Vlad I.
- "Moved my Micro 3D Printer off the dining room table and into my basement computer lab, connected to one of my 'spare' PCs. This warranty replacement printer (fantastic support by M3D BTW) has been a real workhorse, printing without error or complaint. Sure looks like a keeper. It's exactly what I wanted: an easy, reliable, reasonably fast and great quality small 3D prototyping machine. Perfect for $350!" - Kevin J.
- "Very impressed with the accuracy of the M3D! This is an M10 hex screw and nut with a 1mm pitch thread! " - Alistair M.
- "The m3d does what it says on the box, I've had mine running around the clock for 2 months, and it works a treat..." - Rob B.
- "Well that's one satisfied customer! Not bad for a first attempt, I reckon! Couple of notes to share: the Mac software worked perfectly (I downloaded the latest Beta build). Also, Titanium Silver ABS seems to lose its metallic tint once it melts: although usefully it dulls to a primer-grey colour. For modellers planning to paint, I think it's a winner." - Andrew B.
Retail Store Pricing
The Micro is Now in Stock - Ships within One Week
Latest and Future Software Releases
As mentioned in our last update, everyone on the M3D team has pitched in to improve customer support; and, as promised, our support ticket response times have been dramatically and steadily improving. Below are two graphs from our most recent internal reports (Time Periods: 13 Jul, 2015 - 11 Aug, 2015 and 12 Aug, 2015 - 9 Sep, 2015), which depict this improvement. Of course, our goal is to continue to bring these numbers down!
Information and Support Sources
As a reminder, the following represent the best ways to get your questions answered:
- For general support questions, you can contact our support team at email@example.com.
- For technical support, please contact our technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also have these options available to assist you:
- The Knowledge Base (www.printm3d.com/solutions) - Detailed articles to address common customer and technical support questions.
- The User Forum (www.printm3d.com/portal) - A great support community now available to the public.
- The Support Page (www.printm3d.com/support) - Software and documentation downloads, first-time video guides, and contact links.
Please note that our Live Support Chat (www.printm3d.com/support) will no longer be available. It was very helpful while we were catching up with the support tickets, but we are now back on track and responding to all customer inquiries within 48 hours.
Last but not least, we would like to thank all of our amazing backers and customers who have taken the time to complete our customer satisfaction survey! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have worked extremely hard to improve our support system, and are happy to hear that your experiences have been overwhelmingly positive. Below are some responses from our most recent customer satisfaction report (with support ticket numbers in parenthesis):
- Great response time, instructions were clear, and communication was personal. Looking forward to receiving my new printer! (31419)
- A quick response and a viable alternate solution to my issue - both indicators of excellent customer support. Thank you! (32981)
- M3D support is one of the greatest support systems that I have ever used. Everything was dealt within a timely matter and the support was VERY polite. Keep up the great work! (28230)
- Awesome doesn't even cover it. I am ashamed of my snark. No one expects a company to actually respond to a special request. Incredible customer service. (34172)
- The support I have had from you from the very beginning has been brilliant. There is far more to 3D printing for me to learn but I have every confidence that you will continue to help me. (33301)
- Best service I could expect - except of Michael Armani coming to my place personally to repair my printer ;-) (31950)
It is our pleasure to serve you, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need assistance. We are always here to help.
The M3D Team