Questing Beast - This is the second expansion set (the first is included in the DELUXE and above pledge selections).
Romance Saga - This is our third expansion set.
Holy Grail Mini's - Four additional Mini's for the Grail Expansion included in the DELUXE and EXCLUSIVE sets.
Twins of Northumbria - This is our fourth expansion set.
Vale of Avalon - This is our fifth expansion set.
NEW SOCIAL STRETCH GOALS!
Bonus Story Quest - A whole new adventure to diversify the game even more. This time with an old school Roman flare to it.
Bonus Character - Maiden hero of the Tristan & Iseult romance saga. Some heroes live in the shadows, unsung. It's time to let Maiden Brangaine sing!
Token Upgrade - Most of the tokens in Albion's Legacy will be 2mm punch board discs. At this level, we will be replacing the cardboard discs with combinations of glass, plastic and metal.
- Bonus Character - Sir Palomededs, the Saracen Knight. Intertwined with Maiden Brangaine, these two will make an excellent addition to all levels of the game!
Bonus Fate Dice- 6 dice aren't enough. Some of you may have up-pledged to 6 more dice. Even for us, 12 isn't enough. SO how about 2 more for free?
See our Character List Update for more info on characters in the game.
Albion's Legacy is a cooperative adventure board game for 1-4 players in the CORE box and up to 6 players in the DELUXE and EXCLUSIVE boxes. The game allows players to participate as one of their favourite Arthurian characters ranging from the legendary wizard Merlin, the famous Lady of the Lake, the brave Sir Lancelot, and the great King Arthur himself. These heroes will champion all that is good in 90 minutes as the players travel across the realm of Albion and face dangerous roaming threats, mythical beasts and deadly encounters.
Collect lore-enriched relics, artifacts, weapons and special awards under a heated deadline while solving some of the most famous historical and mythical chronicles of the Arthurian legend.
This game will challenge you, excite you, educate you and if you're not careful it will take you down (your character that is...) Everything you need is provided at the gaming table, just bring your friends, your love of Arthurian lore (knowledge of Arthurian lore optional) and your thirst for adventure! Onward! The Kingdom needs YOU!
Download rough sample text RULES OF PLAY HERE
OFFICIAL ARTWORK FOR KING ARTHUR PENDRAGON & MYRDDIN EMRYS (MERLIN) - Playable characters in the game! All playable characters will have a fully Illustrated portrait that will be immersed into their individual character boards.
See NIMUE, THE LADY OF THE LAKE here.
Board Game Brawl
Our design team has completed a lengthy set up and play through of the game. Feel free to watch the first two parts of the play through.
Part 1 is us teaching a new player what everything means and how to set up the game.
Part 2 is the first two Key Turns in the game.
Part 3 is the third Key Turn of the game.
Below is a very brief 10 minute tutorial on some of the design aspects of the game. It's designed to give a glimpse on some of the game play value and mechanics.
NOTE - All levels from the SOLDIER OF CAMELOT and UP are entitled to the CORE 8 add-on. The cost will be $30 for all 8 characters which will include the additional shipping expenses. The game WILL STILL come with the standees if you do not pledge for mini's however. This is just an option for those mini's fans out there.
In addition to the development of Albion's Legacy, several of it's design team have come together to provide you with optional supplements!
Our first offer is a 13 track score CD (also available for digital download). The music is composed by Seth J. Rowanwood and Thomas Gofton, both adept film score composers. The music is designed to play in the background when questing in Albion's Legacy.
What to expect;
- Fast paced battle music!
- Ambient mystical score designed to make you feel like you're actually on a quest.
- Story themes
- Albion's Legacy official theme score weaved throughout.
Below is an example of a romantic piece, slightly forlorn;
Our second offer is the ability to get even more of our custom 'fate' dice. 6 additional dice will come in your copy of the game. Can be added to all levels.
The last extra offer (for now) are additional copies of the game at the standard kickstarted prices. Keep in mind Albion's Legacy will retail between $70-80 on the shelves so get your extra copies here and SAVE! great for gifts, Christmas, store shelves or just to have a spare.
Even if you can't back us financially, spreading the word and letting others know about this campaign is a considerable action that may alter our success! Thank you so much for sharing or promoting us
We have been graciously taught way to best help get our game to you no matter where you live! This is a fairly lengthy process, but please rest assured we're working very hard to make this as affordable as possible for all parties involved.
- United States and Canada (free shipping): This entire process will take about 45-50 days after final manufacture. Because this level is set up for free shipping, we've worked in the basic costs to our campaign pledge goals. For those backers that are local to Toronto, Ontario Canada or even closer to home, Guelph, we will be hosting a backers launch party where you will be invited to attend, meet the design team, have a drink and pick up your copy of the game. Otherwise we'll make sure it gets shipped to you from our studio shortly after that!
- European Union (free shipping): Our costs for most of the EU are covered in terms of shipping. We'll be shipping out of Germany so most countries here are covered. Please note that some countries are near by geographically but are not part of the EU and as such, we'll need a reliable EU address to complete free shipping to those destinations. For Western Europe NOT part of the EU, please add $8 to your pledge levels and for Central Europe NOT part of the EU please add $28 to your pledge levels. We are working to mitigate this in the interim so hang tight for updates.
- Any not EU, US or Canada: It's very expensive to ship individual packages to anywhere outside of our free shipping destinations. Some are more expensive than others so we're trying to make it as cheap as possible for all our backers, period. Sending multiple units to a single place is one method to reduce shipping. If you're from any place outside one of our free shipping included countries please consider a bulk option of 2 or more copies of a game to a single location. If you are interested in just a single copy we recommend you add $30 to your total and indicate your shipping location. We have added special reward levels for your regions to help keep all of our costs down and ship inexpensively.
Risks and challenges
As with all Kickstarter projects, there needs to be a degree of trust and understanding especially when dealing with first time Kickstarters. We have diligently sought advice from many successful campaign proprietors such as individuals from Dreadball Xtreme, The Rangers, Upon a Fable and many individuals from several forums that have gone out of their way to help shape us to succeed. We can't thank them enough for taking their valuable time to believe in us.
This is a first time Kickstarter for us without the help of others. We have been involved in very successful campaigns before such as our involvement in The Gamers: Natural 1 and Hands of Fate. If you have any inquiries, our team leader Thomas Gofton is 100% available to answer any inquiries.
We hope that you will understand that our pledge to you is that every backer and future consumer / player of the game receives the highest quality of manufactured product. This is our first impression to you, the backer world and we're planning on making it a satisfying and safe experience.
Industry standards will be met on all levels. Of course there are always monkey wrenches that may interfere with the timeline of production. These conditions will be communicated to you, the backers at every single stage from art work bleed issues to a delay in shipping if they become prevalent.
Our manufacturing company has excellent reputable services and a high degree of successful Kickstarted games manufactured through them. Our chosen company is Panda Game Manufacturing. You can find more about them here: http://pandagm.com/
Once this campaign is complete, we estimate 30 days for character illustrations, art asset finalization and 3d imaging for certain components of the game. After that we are expecting 50-60 more days for pre-production. Approximately the same amount of days for production and then we begin the shipping process.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)