- "[The] Lunis Reflective Crescent Windshell [is] a stealth way to stay safe while cycling at night....And if you're like us, you'll appreciate that all Lunis products are made entirely in the US, with a lifetime guarantee. " - Coolhunting
- "The main feature is the reflective material found throughout. It’s low-key during the day, but at night you’ll be shining brighter than a diamond in these streets." - Complex
- "Unlike standard neons, this minimalist jacket is savvy enough to wear out socially." - Yanko Design
- "[A] perfect thing to have stashed in your bag for cutting the late night chill." - Urban Velo
- "You know I’m a sucker for reflective clothing, especially ones made specifically for cyclists [like] LUNIS’ Crescent Windshell now on Kickstarter." - Doobybrain
- "98% of cyclists prefer to wear the approved get-up: a skintight leotard emblazoned with logos in zany colors that scream out to all within eyeshot: “I’m serious!” Riders looking for garments that are functional but a bit subtler will appreciate the efforts of Lunis Reflective." - Werd
- "This jacket reminds me of a major bike brand’s reflective jackets, but these look reasonably sharp and without the hokey colors and meh design I’ve seen on other cycling jackets." - Cyclelicious
- "Whether you’re cycling, walking, or jogging, the reflective panels provide optimal visibility when it’s dark, and, during the day, it just looks like a nicely cut wind jacket- as in, no bright colors and obnoxious reflective stripes that shout ‘I’m an exercise nut’." - bltd
- "Enter Lunis, who’ve launched a Kickstarter with the aim of creating a reflective jacket that looks good too. Their product, which they’re calling the crescent windshell, has reflective patches on the shoulders and back....and best of all will make you look like Captain Kirk from the new Star Trek." - Daily XY
- "[C]hoosing a classic piece of apparel like the Lunis Reflective Crescent Windshell is a chic way to increase safety and look great all at the same time." - Trend Hunter
- "The best detail: the entire jacket can compact and disappear into one of its own tiny back pockets once you've reached your destination." - Racked
- "An Oregon native is behind Lunis, which looks likes a fantastic reflective jacket." - Bike Portland
- "夜だけ光を反射。クールなサイクリスト向けウィンドシェル、Lunis Reflective." - Geared (Japan)
We have successfully reached our goal! We have big dreams for LUNIS. Share in our journey on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also sign up for our Email Newsletter or reach out to us via email at email@example.com.
The Crecent Windshell is our personal go-to lightweight jacket. The jacket is great for layering as it cuts the wind and protects from rain while allowing your body to move freely. Whether you’re riding to the office, or enjoying a weekend adventure to meet up with friends for dinner and a drink, it’s the perfect piece. Most importantly, it helps provide optimal visibility while you’re on the road at night. Once at your destination, you can store it in its packable pocket, clip it to you belt loop, and stow it in the back pocket of your trousers. Cheers to that!
When you embark on the chilly morning rides in the mountains or along the coast, it is perfect to throw on over your shirt or jersey. As the weather warms up, you can slip it off and stuff it under your saddle or in the back pocket of your jersey. The Crescent Windshell is perfect for fitness and leisure riding and will end up seeing more action than any other jacket in your closet.
We are partial to our signature product, the CRESCENT WINDSHELL. We have decided to offer some other great rewards as well. Stay tuned for stretch goal rewards as our campaign continues.
LOS ANGELES NIGHT RIDE
- 85% Polyester / 15% Cotton
- Black reflective application applied to chest and lower back
- FreshGuard technology which helps prevent odor-causing bacteria
- Quick drying
- Mens sizes XS-XXL
- Fabric weighs 5 oz/yd²
- Made in USA
SIZE & FIT
Our jackets and t-shirts are slim-fitted and true to size. The fit should be consistent with what you wear normally. We've added a sizing chart below for our jackets and details on how accurately find your measurements. We are always a quick email away if you have any fit related questions; email Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Crescent Windshell was born from a realization that people often choose not to wear safety clothing despite the risks. About a year ago, in separate incidents, three close friends were struck by cars while riding their bicycles at night. This began a dialogue among friends, and cyclists, about why they were not wearing any high visibility clothing. The overwhelming reason was that typical safety clothing is not stylish. The freedom to navigate the streets at night should not be restricted by your clothing, nor should your style be limited by your desire to be safe. From this passion for fearless freedom came the need for a line of products that offer us added safety, visibility, and utility without hindering our personal sense of style.
Premium outerwear handcrafted in Los Angeles
We are producing all of our products here in the US. This allows us to be much more involved in every step of production, ensuring that our high quality standards are met. This will also allow us to offer more variety and customized designs.
Offered to you at wholesale
In a traditional retail store, our jackets would cost upwards of $350. This is why we have chosen to cut out the middle man and sell our products directly to you at our wholesale price.
Simplicity and integrity guide our philosophy
Our belief in quality and simplicity over excess inspires our designs. We understand that often the more we have, the more we desire; and in simplicity there is freedom. Lunis' guiding philosophy resides in the idea that we can be more content with less. Our commitment to quality stems from our belief that we can create products that serve multiple functions, helping to reduce unnecessary consumerism and add simplicity to people’s lives.
SHARE OUR STORY
In addition to supporting us by backing our project we would love for you to share what LUNIS Reflective is doing with your friends. Drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and tag us in any fun and adventurous photos of yours on Instagram. You can also sign up for our Email Newsletter to stay up to date with our journey.
We would love to connect with you and hear about your cycling stories. Feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.Thanks for letting us share our dream with you. We're more excited than ever to turn LUNIS Reflective into a reality and help people navigate their communities safely.
This project would have never come to life it it wasn't for the generosity of talents, resources, and time of many people. First of all, we want to thank you guys for backing our project and for sharing it with your friends. It is because of you that this project will come to life! We're so grateful for your belief in what we are doing.
I would like to thank all of the following people who helped make this project a reality: Catherine Furio, Renee Badgett, Melody Ward, Ben Seale, Josh Clouser, Bruce and Sandy Clouser, Jeremiah Lembcke, Fernando Uribe, Sara Furio, Darren Becket, and Bruce Thede. Thank you to following musical artists on our video; Hot Bodies in Motion, Prentiss, Hustle and Drone,
Risks and challenges
With manufacturing a product, there are always risks. We identify that our risks primarily exist with production lead times, overall quality, and timely shipment to our supporters. This is why we need your help to make sure that we can meet production minimums and reach the minimum order quantities by our suppliers. We are critical of every step of the design and manufacturing process. Over the past five years, we have had countless learning experiences manufacturing apparel in Los Angeles. We will keep the communication channel open with all of our supporters throughout the production process.
Our goal from the onset is to make the best product possible that will withstand the abuse from daily use. With our quest for the highest quality and a guarantee that lasts a lifetime, we are excited to make your experience with LUNIS Reflective the best possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)