About this project
Our products are crafted with the utmost care and the best materials available.
This versatile nubuck leather bag measures 14" x 10", features beautiful photography by Dave Lefner, has a zippered closure, and also an internal zip pocket in its soft wool lining. Use it to carry documents for work, your MacBook, or your evening essentials as you run out the door!
Available on maple veneer (pictured) or leather.
INTERNATIONAL BACKERS: For international shipments please add $15 to your pledge.
Advantages of the Lumi Process
- New Technology. Can print on materials and garments in ways that were previously impossible, opening the door to create truly innovative products and looks.
- Photographic Quality. Creates prints with full-tonal gradation - no half toning necessary like with screen printing.
- Natural Materials. Has the ability to print on nearly all natural materials, unlike sublimation printing - No chemical pre-treating or impregnating fibers with synthetics!
- Eco-Safe. No damaging chemicals are used in the process. Has no effect on the feel and the smell of the original material. Close your eyes and you can't tell its printed!
- Wash-fast Creates completely wash-fast, vivid prints - won't fade or degrade with washing.
- Prints Over Texture. Lumi can print on textured materials and also over seams on already sewn products.
What is Lumi? What are our plans for it?
Lumi is a brand new textile printing process that creates vivid photo-realistic imagery on all natural materials, including raw leather. With the ability to print full tonal gradations, Lumi can reproduce photography and art in an authentic and durable way.
The Lumi process has undergone nearly five years of research and development. Originally conceived in 2005 as a new way to print t-shirts for Jesse Genet’s fashion company, Lumi has grown into a revolutionary print process with fantastic capability.
Now, teamed up with partner, Stephan Angoulvant, Lumi Co. is ready to finish development and go to market. We plan to use the process to create an incredible product line featuring previously impossible prints! We’re also eager to collaborate with great photographers and fashion brands.
What are you investing in? Why $12,000?
When you pledge to Lumi Co. you are investing in a revolutionary new print technology & two design students determined to earn the Lumi process its place in the fashion world. Your pledges directly support the scientific development of the process, production equipment, as well as the costs associated with bringing Lumi to the marketplace.
$12,000 is what we calculated as the minimum amount of capital needed to allow us to continue R&D, upgrade our equipment for production, and have enough working capital to develop products and open our doors to collaborators in the first quarter of 2010!
How You Can Help!
We appreciate all of your help and support. There are three important ways you can help Lumi succeed.
- Pledge. Launching a new technology isn’t easy. We’ve invested a lot of our own money into the project, but your pledges could help us make Lumi a success.
- Join. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter. While you’re there, don’t forget to tell us your thoughts. We LOVE to hear from you!
- Talk. Have a blog? Or a friend who might find Lumi Co. interesting? Spread the word, and let us know if you need more info. or photos!
Thanks for your support! — Stéphan & Genet
You're in luck! We've launched a second Kickstarter campaign focused on bringing you the tools you need to make your own Lumi prints. Our new campaign called 'Print on Fabric Using Sunlight: The Lumi Process' will walk you through the process and you can pledge for DIY printing kits!