Our piece, “Houses of Worship”, is a juxtaposition of the real and virtual worlds, representing the connection and disconnection of the body and mind. A form derived from sacred geometry and inspired by the flower of life, this 8' x 8' hexagon is made of concave and convex tetrahedrons. Projected graphics manipulate the sculpture to create an optical illusion: rather than stepping into a virtual world, this installation effects the real, physical world, and enhances the viewers perception of reality.
Why we need your help:
To do a project like H.O.W. it takes a lot of stuff. Wood, metal, glue, screws, a computer, 2 projectors, and a lot of unexpected costs. We set out to take this sculpture to Burning Man strapped to the top of our Subaru, but we figured out that won't work. We will be renting a truck to haul it to Black Rock City and we also need 30 gallons of gas to power the generator 11 hours a night for the week
Most importantly, this project is an adventure with two best-friends who like to make cool stuff together. In the process of creating H.O.W., we have really found our stride as friends and as artists. Burning Man is just the first step on our journey. After, we plan to collaborate with other artists as well as take H.O.W. to festivals, shows, and galleries. Additions will be made, like an Xbox Kinect to make it interact with movement as well as making it sound reactive.
You are helping two friends make their dream a reality. Thanks!
Totally Radical Gifts:
- Custom designed H.O.W. sticker
- Frame-worthy postcard with an image of H.O.W. at Burning Man
- 3D printed polymer H.O.W. earrings (1.5 inch), with choice of color: white, black, red, or purple
- 3D printed polymer H.O.W. pendant and necklace with choice of color: white, black, red, or purple
- 3D polymer or stainless steel statue in 3 sizes - Small 2.5"x2.5", Medium 4"x4", or Large 6"x6". Polymer statue has the choice of color: white, black, red, or purple.
- A custom 3D printed, sacred geometry mobile in the likeness of H.O.W.
- H.O.W. at your event or party in Northern California
- Custom commercial-length motion graphics video for your family, business, or personal use
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (20 days)