Missed the campaign?
No problem! Get in touch with us!
The journal that will be passed it on to the next generation, but...
...what is the Brew Journal?We are beverage alchemists, beverage engineers, but above all; beverage lovers, and the Brew Journal was created with that in mind.
We believe the Brew Journal is an innovative yet traditional way of logging beer recipes. This journal has been created especially for home brewers who like to keep track of their batches, and log the outcome of every brewing experiment. Besides the antique look, everything in this notebook has a function; from reference charts to tasting notes.
What makes the Brew Journal unique?
Think of the Brew Journal as a finely tailored suit. This journal has been "tailored" to fit the needs of home brewers like us.
After weeks looking for the perfect brewing logbook, we didn't find anything that even came close to our expectations. We decided to create our own journal from scratch. After numerous designs (and batches), we believe that we came up with a very effective layout that meets our expectations.
Everything you need to replicate a batch is at your fingertips by simply opening the journal flat (ingredients, brewing notes, hops, yeast, hydrometer readings, tastings notes, etc).
What are people saying about the Brew Journal?
Don't just take from us, let other craft brewers do the talking :)
Why do you need a Brew Journal?
- Intuitive layout: the Brew Journal’s layout provides a friendly and organized way to log each step of the process regardless of your personal preferences. (General information, Ingredients and Brew Notes on the left. Hop Notes, Yeast Notes, Fermentation, Hydrometer Readings, Bottling/Kegging, Tasting Notes, Additional Information on the right.)
- Opens flat: just as important as the layout and the look of the Brew Journal, functionality had to be spot-on too. The utmost quality was required to meet our standards of durability and flatness.
- Pen/Pencil Holder: after looking at dozens of journals out there we found out that very few had a built-in pen holder but that was a feature that the Brew Journal had to have!
- Unit Conversion Charts: we went beyond just adding the conversion formulas in the journal; we added a full conversion chart for quick reference during your brew day. That includes mass, temperature and volume.
- Beer Color Reference: for beer lovers and home brewers this is a color reference chart with both Standard Reference Method (SRM) and European Brewery Convention (EBC).
- Yeast Strains Reference Chart: most of us are not yeast experts so this chart provides general yeast information such as fermentation temperatures and common beer styles.
- Hop Substitution Chart: as the name says, this is a reference chart to see what your hop options are in case you are creating your own unique recipe or you are just looking for a substitution in a recipe you currently have.
- Glassware Reference: believe it or not, the glassware makes a difference when you taste a beer so why not include a quick reference chart in the Brew Journal too? We did!
- ABV Reference Chart: instead of having to look for the formulas to calculate the ABV of your home brew, you can just take a quick look at the ABV Reference Chart! Quick and simple! The Brew Journal did the math for you!
The Journal that will last you years!
The Fact Is...
The "Kickstarter Factor"
- We will buy the packaging materials to speed up reward fulfillments.
- We are going to brew a batch to celebrate.
- We will place the order for the Brew Journals.
- In parallel to that, the surveys will be sent out.
- Two to three weeks after the campaign ends, we hope to get the money from Amazon. Pay the manufacturer and get the Brew Journals sent to our office.
- While all that is going on, we will be working hard on the packaging, printing shipping labels and drinking beer.
- As soon as the Brew Journals arrive, they will be sent out to our backers.
- We will make more beer.
Thank you so much for checking out our campaign! We hope to see your name on the backer's list at the end of the campaign :)
Risks and challenges
To get the Brew Journal to this point we have overcome many challenges and after many calls and e-mails we found awesome people and companies to partner with. We already have detailed information about lead times and production, but if any issues arise we will communicate it with you.
PACKING & SHIPPING
We believe that the packing and shipping of the Brew Journal are steps just as important as the design and production. We spent countless hours looking at our packing options and we chose a package that will protect your journal during shipping, give it a unique look, and not increase the price.
We are confident that we can deliver the Brew Journal on time but as in any great project, risks can't be eliminated completely. It is our priority to keep an open relationship with our loyal backers and craft beer & wine makers/lovers.
Because we love being a part of the print culture, and we enjoy the work that it involves; we have decided to publish in print the Brew Journal instead of publishing on the web. That certainly adds extra expenses and lots of coordination with outside parties so we ask for your patience in advance. We are just as excited as you are about this project!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)