ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Lost Skeleton Returns Again, sequel to The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra was originally released in 2009. That means that 2019 is the 10th anniversary of the film, and to commemorate the event Larry Blamire - Writer/Director/Actor and Producer Mark Allen Stuart are creating Larry's first ever Blu-Ray project - The Lost Skeleton Returns Again 10th Anniversary Special Edition Blu-Ray. The team is committed to creating something really special with this release so in addition to Blu-Ray HIGH DEFINITION film with the original commentary track we are developing TWO HOURS of newly created features that will be added to the Blu-Ray. Included on the Blu-Ray will be 2 new "Blamire" satirical short featurette films. One film features Larry in a swashbuckling adventure film, Son of the Sword of the Dagger. Another is titled, Origin of the Making of The Lost Skeleton Returns Again - a satirical look at the history of the film which is being written to include 6 fan "voices" that will be part of the film. The Blu-Ray will also include 2 never before released behind-the-scenes (BTS) video compilations. The first behind-the-scenes video provides a chronology of the making of the film. The second behind-the-scenes video chronicles the making of the Monsters in the movie. We have included over an hour of BTS footage on the Blu-Ray! Larry and Mark are also including a newly created music video featuring the Michale Graves hit song "Lost Skeleton".
THE LOST SKELETON RETURNS AGAIN 10TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY
We are committed to creating something very special and unique for the 10th Anniversary Blu-Ray so we have developed 2 hours of new, added features that will create a truly memorable and entertaining experience. It is Larry's intent to create a "must have" for all Lost Skeleton fans. This project is not just a re-release of the original film; this is an entirely new experience in the world of The Lost Skeleton!
INCLUDED ON THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY BLU-RAY:
1. The original film – The Lost Skeleton Returns Again now in the glory of Blu-Ray High Definition! The film is being remastered to produce the highest quality reproduction available. We are also be upmixing the audio to 5.1 surround sound for those systems that can support 5.1.
2. Son of the Sword of the Dagger - Larry is creating a new short film Son of the Sword of the Dagger in the manner of World Without Lost Skeleton. This one’s in beloved sword-and-sandal genre, in the guise of a failed pilot for a peplum TV show that was never picked up. It promises a completely "Blamired" script, with Larry and a "cast from all over the world of his mind” providing the voices, along with actress Jennifer Blaire.
3. Origin of the Making of The Lost Skeleton Returns Again - This is another brand new featurette created by Larry, who has written the script, and will be providing some voices and a lot of insanity. Best of all, this is a special one-of-a-kind video experience, as 6 fans will have a chance to provide voice-over for various characters!
4. Never released behind-the-scenes footage filmed while making The Lost Skeleton Returns Again. This footage was not included on the DVD release and starts from the very first cast reading of the script and chronicles the making of the film from a "behind the scenes" point of view. This segment runs 44 minutes.
Here is a clip from the "Behind the Scenes"
5. Behind-the-scenes video of the "Making of the Monsters" - This compilation video highlights the creation of the Monster creature suits and runs 20 minutes in length. This provides an incredible view of how the team brought Larry's creation to life on screen.
Here is a clip from "Making of the Monsters":
6. New and never released "Lost Skeleton" Music video - The Blu-ray will include a newly produced music video performed by the legendary Monster Punk singer Michale Graves featuring the hit song "Lost Skeleton" from the CD "The Lost Skeleton Returns" released by Hydraulic Entertainment.
Here is a clip from the music video:
USE OF PROCEEDS
We are be placing a considerable amount of time into the creative and production of the new elements that will be included on the Blu-Ray. The original film will be remastered to produce the highest quality video reproduction and the sound will be upmixed to 5.1 surround sound. Each new short film featurette is an independent production require writing, production and post production. The two behind the scenes videos will be created by editing a total of 19 hours of raw footage that we have. The new music video will be created by taking the full film and condensing it into a 3 minute music video. The same team that made the original film will be building the newly added features - insuring the quality and consistency that is the trade mark of a Larry Blamire production. We are including 2 hours of brand new features on the 10th Anniversary Blu-Ray!
We really want to make this project special so we have created several pledge levels including interactive experiences and never before offered screen props. Some of the pledge levels included:
- The Lost Skeleton Returns Again 10th Annivesary Blu-Ray
- The Lost Skeleton Returns Again 10th Anniversary Blu-Ray signed by Larry Blamire, Jennifer Blaire and the Lost Skeleton himself
- A 10th Anniversary Blu-ray plus script sets signed and numbered by Larry and the Lost Skeleton
- 1 of the 25 mini "Dalp of Anacrab" cast/crew statuette momentos that Art Director Tony Tremblay created for the 2009 wrap party.
- The "Lost Shoes Of Cadavra" - the Skeleton's own Skel-shoes
- The very first in-house company screener copy of the original DVD
- A signed Blu-ray along with a phone call from Larry, Jennifer or the bony one himself
- 6 fans (3 male and 3 female) will have the chance to be in a Larry film (via voice over)
- 2 of the screen used Trilobite creature props
- The original screen used Jerranium 90 Detector prop
- The original screen used "Dalp of Anacrab" prop
- The re-skullitized one and only Skelly skull prop skull as seen in the Kickstarter video
- The one and only Alien Spaceship prop used in the film
NEW PLEDGE LEVELS
Here are the new pledge levels that we have announced since the project was launched:
- "So you want to be a producer" (Fully Pledged)
- "You are the Producer of Origins" - receive Producer credits of the new "Origins" featurette
- "Trading Places" - where we create a "Lost Skeleton Returns Again" trading card of you just like the official "Lost Skeleton Return Again" trading cards
THE LOST SKELETON OF CADAVRA - WHERE IT ALL STARTED
In 2001 Larry Blamire released The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, the loving spoof of campy 1950’s low budget sci-fi films that he grew up on and found so much enjoyment watching, The critic reception of the film was incredibly positive, but that was over shadowed by the response that fans have continued to show towards the film. The movie debuted a cast of characters that includes a determined scientist who likes to say “science” a lot, his faithful clueless wife, a pair of confused aliens, an evil scientist, an exotic woman made from four different forest animals, an escaped monster (the Mutant) and the title character, the world’s haughtiest world-dominating skeleton. The film received rave reviews from sources like Premiere Magazine, Hollywood Reporter, Variety among many others.
THE LOST SKELETON RETURNS AGAIN
Based on the response of the first film and with a good deal of fan requests, Larry decided to create a sequel to the original film. The Lost Skeleton Returns Again was released in 2009, and received the same level of interest as did the first film. The challenge of making a movie sequel is very straight forward – it must be entertaining to the original fan base and it must play to an audience who had potentially never seen the original. With this in mind Larry created the screenplay for The Lost Skeleton Returns Again this time spoofing the 1960's adventure matinee. Dr. Paul Armstrong became bitter and was living in the jungle and drinking heavily because science let him down? With strikingly Bernard Herrmannesque music and imaginative old school art/production design from Anton Tremblay--not to mention Frank Ippolito’s fun rubber suited monsters--this film had a slightly different flavor while retaining the original’s sense of the ridiculous, as everyone treks into a remote region of the Amazon in search of another elusive element, jerranium 90. All the cast returned, and quite a few new faces were added including Trish Geiger, H.M. Wynant, Daniel Roebuck, Kevin Quinn and Frank Dietz. The film was shot by A.J. Rickert-Epstein. Instrumental in the execution of the film was producer Mark Allen Stuart (Chairman and CEO at Hydraulic Entertainment of which Larry Blamire is Senior VP). Mike Schlesinger, having worked with Blamire and Bantam Street since Trail of the Screaming Forehead, was also a producer on the film.
Below are clips from The Lost Skeleton Returns Again:
Larry Blamire is an actor, writer, director, and illustrator/artist, known for such feature films as The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, The Lost Skeleton Returns Again and Dark and Stormy Night. His unique style and incredibly fun satirical approach to entertainment has created fans around the world and beyond it (the world).
FROM THE DESK OF THE LOST SKELETON
I TRULY FEEL THAT I HAVE DEVISED A PLAN THAT WILL FOIL THESE STUPID HUMANS ONCE AND FOR ALL. I AM SUMMONING ALL OF MY SKELETONITIS TO RENDER THE MOST DANGEROUS ESSENCE ON EARTH EVEN MORE DANGEROUS. LITTLE DID “DR.” PAUL ARMSTRONG KNOW THAT DEEP INSIDE THE CENTER OF JERRANIUM 90 IS AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL SUBSTANCE – THE BLU RAY. I WILL USE THIS BLU RAY TO INCLUDE MANY NEWLY CREATED ADDED FEATURES ON THE DISC - ENABLING ME TRANSFORM THE PRESENT INTO THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE INTO THE FUTURE – AT MY WILL. ALL I NEED FROM YOU AIR BREATHERS ARE THOSE PLEDGES THAT YOU HOLD SO DEAR. I COMMAND WITH THE POWER OF THE BLU RAY – YOU PLEDGE NOW!!!
Risks and challenges
Releasing any independent film project can be problematic. For the last 5 years we have partnered with Kickstarter and our supporters to release over a dozen music and video projects and we feel that we have a reliable model that will promote the project and achieve the goal.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (7 days)