AFTER THE WIPE: A Low Life Coloring Book
Make your face all smiley with this whimsical and innovative coloring book by the creator of the Low Life RPG.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, April 5 2019 3:59 AM UTC +00:00.
After the wipe...
A vile contanimator known as THE LITTER BUG is waggling foul zazz, draining Mutha Oith of its once vibrant colors and generally bumming everyone out. Are you awesome enough to discover his dread motives, rebuke his fell ministrations, and return the world's erstwhile tints and hues? It will take all your gumption, half your smarts, a steady hand, and at least one crayon (or pencil, marker, paintbrush, spork, etc...).
- It's a coloring book for kids and adults (although there might be some butts)!
- It's a rhyming story book!
- It's a Low Life game accessory (No knowledge of Low Life is required)!
- COLORING CONTEST! (Valuable prizes! Scroll to the end for more information)!
- 8.5"x11" high quality coloring and story book.
- 70# white uncoated paper for easy coverage with a variety of coloring media.
- At least 80 pages (probably more - check out the STRETCH GOALS!).
- Coloring pages on one side so you don't have to sacrifice one to color another.
- Signed and Personalized.
- Metal coil binding so it lays flat when you open it.
- Perforated pages for easy tear-out.
- Includes at least two new monsters for the Low Life game available nowhere else.
- A broad assortment of pledge levels and extras to choose from (scroll way down for descriptions of the stretch goals, extras, and a graphic depicting the various pledge levels).
- There's a free gift for you at the bottom of the page. It's yours just for taking the time to peruse. Thank you!
Friends and fans have been requesting a Low Life themed coloring book ever since we first plopped printed coloring sheets featuring Low Life artwork in the Children of the Cob room at Con on the Cob over a decade ago. My goal is to provide a highest quality, fun and whimsical artistic and literary experience for people of all ages and experience levels.
Although absolutely no previous knowledge of (or interest in) the Low Life game is needed to enjoy this book, certain things in After the Wipe expand and expound upon material in various other Low Life publications.
Will your enjoyment of this book be increased if you enjoy Low Life? Absolutely, it will.
Will your enjoyment of Low Life be increased if you have this book? Again, it most certainly will.
Do you need to have one to enjoy the other? Nope, you do not. It's kind of like how you don't have to read the entire spectrum of superhero comics in order to enjoy a superhero coloring book.
What does After the Wipe add to the Low Life game? In addition to creating a narrative that helps the reader explore and understand various peeps, creeps, and locales on Mutha Oith, this book features new monsters and, if the proper stretch goals are attained, new playable character species and other extremely interesting things.
Are other Low Life items offered as part of this Kickstarter campaign? Yes indeed, they are. Some are already included in various pledge levels and others are described in the Add-Ons and Extras section below.
Low Life is a tabletop roleplaying game (RPG), which uses the amazing Savage Worlds rules system by Shane Lacy Hensley and Pinnacle Entertainment Group. All of the books in the Low Life line are written as if they are actual books created by a denizen of Oith. All game references and material are in the appendices at the back. This means you can read and enjoy the books on their own merit without even caring that it's a game at all. Similarly, they can be used as props in-game and referenced by players. The rule is, if you have the book so does your character (unless the Boss decides otherwise).
These features will be added when the requisite funding level or happenstance occurs. Some are attained when a particular dollar amount is reached. Others are dependent on various criteria described below.
ATTAINED! If we reach the initial $3000 funding goal within 24 hours of launch every coloring book sent to kickstarter backers will be SIGNED AND PERSONALIZED by the author and every backer's name will be included in a special The Whole Hole Benevolence Society Thank You section in the book.
ATTAINED! In honor of International Women's Day the first 100 backers who pledge at least 30 dollars by the end of the day on March 8 will receive a free 4x6 inch art print of Rabboasloth Kangarooster and Mr. Grumbles.
ATTAINED! The book will feature a special metal coil binding that will allow it to lay flat for easier use. Additionally, we will be producing a number of LEFT-HANDED books with the binding on the right hand side so left-handed people won't get sore wrists.
ATTAINED! Pages will be perforated along the spine to facilitate easier removal from the book.
ATTAINED! Sixteen additional pages will be added to the book!
Another batch of sixteen pages will be added!
An exclusive new monster for the Low Life game will be included in the book.
The pages that face the coloring pages will feature greyscale versions of those same images. The greyscale images offer a varied coloring opportunity.
This reward happens when we reach 500 responses (Interested or Going) visitors on the After the Wipe Facebook event page. I will produce a live video of myself coloring a brand new Low Life drawing. The drawing will appear in the upcoming The Whole Hole - A Gadabout's Guide to Mutha Oith - Volume 03: The Incredibly Huge Monster and you'll be among the first to see it. The video will be posted here as well.
All $30+ backers will receive a FREE 5"x7" print of the Litter Bug and his horde of contanimants.
The kickstarter backers and I will work together to create a new playable character species for the Low Life game. It will be featured in the book as a colorable line drawing and a grayscale illustration. If the $20,000 stretch goal is attained the character species will appear as a full color illustration as well.
Yet another batch of sixteen pages will be added to the book.
The sixteen pages added by the $12,000 stretch goal will instead be FULL COLOR and will include new content for the Low Life game (the backers will get to help me decide what to include). In PDF form this will be a separate book. In the printed version it will be a new section of the coloring book.
These things can be added to any pledge level. To do so, simply increase your pledge by the listed amount and either send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org subject =Coloring book extras) letting me know what extras you added or include that information in the survey you will be sent after the campaign ends. Everything listed here includes FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING! For international shipping please add a total of $40 for shipping regardless of what's added.
You get THREE sheets of plastic shrink paper printed with a total of at least eighteen different Low Life characters for you to color. Pop them in the oven and watch them shrink and harden. You can turn them into jewelry, magnets, suncatchers, fetish totems, or whatever other wacky things your mind can conjure. They're just like Shrinky Dinks but not in any sort of copyright violating way. I'll even include the images as PDFs so you can nab more shrinking paper on your own and print as many as you want.
We will work together to create a really cool peep or creep. The drawing I make from your character or monster concept will appear in After the Wipe as a colorable line drawing and, if the $20,000 level is attained, as a full color illustration. If the $20,000 pledge level is not reached your color image will appear in the upcoming The Whole Hole - A Gadabout's Guide to Mutha Oith - Volume 03: The Incredibly Huge Monster. The best part is YOU GET TO KEEP THE ORIGINAL DRAWING!
Feel free to email me (email@example.com subject =Creep or Peep Ideas) or message me to discuss ideas.
This is an exclusive set of SIX custom made slog shaped crayons. Each set is unique and includes a random assortment of colors and slog shapes. Sure, you can draw or color with them, but they're much cooler as collectibles.
These customized linen bags are emblazoned with a random peep or creep and are ideal for holding your crayons, dice, and other such whatnots. They feature a drawstring closure and full color artwork.
I'm plopping the entire catalogue of Low Life jazz here at a significantly discounted rate for all you lovely people. PDF versions will be sent soon after this Kickstarter ends.
- Low Life: The Rise of the Lowly (core rulebook) - $35 (PDF $15)
- The Whole Hole - A Gadabout's Guide to Mutha Oith - Volume 01: Keister Island - $25 (PDF $15)
- Holy Crap: The Great Sects Change Operation - $35 (PDF $15)
- Low Life Boss Blocker (GM Screen) - $15
- Low Life Figure Flats (Volumes 1-5) - $10 each
- Deck on Oith: Low Life Playing Cards (Volumes 1-4) - $8 each, all four for $30
- Dementalism: An Ingenious Game of Ingenious Ingeniousnessness - $18
- Dementalism Expansion 01: The Garden of Smellemental Glee - $15
- Dementalism Expansion 02: Holy Crap - $15
- Dementalism Expansion 03: Flop, Sop, and Slop (rare) - $15
- G'Zoink: The Great Giggity Gigging Galavant - $18
- G'Zoink Expansions 1-10 - $8 each or all 10 for $60
- Heap of Creeps (Volumes 1-3) - $10 each HALF PRICE!
- Heap of Peeps (Volumes 1-2) - $10 each HALF PRICE!
- Low Life Miniatures (Currently 35 to choose from, unpainted) - $8 each (normally $10-15) or $240 for all 35.
- Original Low Life Artwork - $50-$1000 depending on the picture. If you have a favorite from one of my books please email or message me to inquire about availability and pricing. Artwork selected for the premade Pledge Levels will be in the $300-500 range.
Although it's normally $25, I'm offering you a hardbound copy of Alphabeast Soup, my first rhyming storybook, as an add-on for only $20 (includes domestic shipping!). I must be mad!
I am offering a huge selection of original colored pencil drawings at $100 off the regular price! The image below depicts only a small selection. If you have a favorite from one of my books please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message me to ask about availability and pricing. To add a drawing to your pledge please email or message me with the number listed next to the price on the image.
You are a gawd. That's absolutely correct. You are an actual gawd. I will erect a shrine to you at Oddmall Outpost: Assembly of Odd, featuring a hand sculpted statue of you in your gawdly form. The statue will be brought to Con on the Cob, where I will preside as your high holy roller at a ceremony in your honor. Additionally, a religion based on your archeological remains will be included in the upcoming book The Whole Hole - A Gadabout's Guide to Mutha Oith - Volume 03: The Incredibly Huge Monster.
Here, have a free coloring page for you to print and color at home. Email your creations to me at email@example.com and I'll post them on the Facebook event page! Click the image for a larger version.
How would you like to try your hand at coloring one of these pages before the coloring book is even produced? How, on a related note, would you like to WIN A FREE ORIGINAL DRAWING VALUED AT $800?
Presenting the first ever LOW LIFE COLORING CONTEST! Entry is immaculately simple. Here's how:
- Download the image above (the one listed under "A FREE GIFT FOR YOU"). Just right click on it and save it after clicking through to the larger version.
- Color it however you want. You can print it out and use traditional media or keep it digital and color it on your computer.
- Send a digital copy to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Low Life Coloring Contest" before noon EST on Thursday March 21, 2019.
- Share this Kickstarter campaign on social media. It's awesome if you back it, but not required for contest entry.
- I will select my favorite and the winner will nab the original 11"x14" color drawing of the Litter Bug and his Contanimant Horde. The winner will be announced on March 21.
- Additional prizes may be offered as well depending on how many entries are received and how well the campaign is going.
That's it! Simple, yet hideously complex...
Risks and challenges
Fortuitously, much of the work for this project has already been completed. Printer quotes and publishing arrangements have been acquired and all is in readiness. Well, most is in readiness. There are still words to write, illustrations to draw, and images to trace, but the release projection accounts for such phenomena. Barring societal collapse or environmental devastation few reasons exist why After The Wipe shouldn't soon be a thing that's a thing. All is proceeding as I have foreseen.
Nevertheless, the whims of incidental happenstance are fickle. Should problems arise they will be dealt with. Contingencies are in place. The only major obstacle to overcome is the allotment of time required to create new drawings for the various sections of the book that require them but I am confident they will be completed on time and within the proposed budget.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- All gone!