About this project
FINAL DAY UPDATE: If we reach $19,000 today, I'll be able to add one more story to Autumn Cthulhu: an original tale by Orrin Grey!
Autumn Cthulhu is a new fiction anthology featuring original tales of Lovecraftian horror set in the fall, published by Lovecraft eZine Press!
I've been fascinated by autumn and Halloween since the age of six. I discovered Lovecraft much later... and ever since, I have felt that cosmic horror was a natural fit for this time of year. Colorful falling leaves, crisp days, rainy afternoons and evenings. A time of endings and melancholy.
I'm editor Mike Davis, and I invite you to join me and sixteen authors of cosmic horror on an autumnal journey you won't soon forget.
This book contains:
- Short stories by Laird Barron, Nadia Bulkin, Scott Thomas, Richard Gavin, Gemma Files, Daniel Mills, Damien Angelica Walters, Joseph S. Pulver Sr., Jeffrey Thomas, Michael Griffin, Pete Rawlik, Wendy Wagner, Evan Dicken, and Trent Kollodge
- An incredible novella by John Langan
- A poem by the master of Lovecraftian poetry, Ann K. Schwader
In this anthology:
- Andy Kaufman Creeping Through the Trees, Laird Barron
- Anchor, John Langan
- There is a Bear in the Woods, Nadia Bulkin
- The Night is a Sea, Scott Thomas
- Grave Goods, Gemma Files
- A Shadow Passing, Daniel Mills
- In the Spaces Where You Once Lived, Damien Angelica Walters
- The Stiles of Palemarsh, Richard Gavin
- After the Fall, Jeffrey Thomas
- Lavinia in Autumn, Ann K. Schwader
- Trick or the Other Thing, Joseph S. Pulver, Sr.
- Memories of the Fall, Pete Rawlik
- The Smoke Lodge, Michael Griffin
- Cul-De-Sac Virus, Evan Dicken
- The Black Azalea, Wendy Wagner
- The End of the Season, Trent Kollodge
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR KICKSTARTER REWARDS:
What you say of the fascination of autumn is very true... It is a season of almost weird retrospective, when one seizes on the unchanged objects and processes of nature - or of anciently ordered life - and half-imagines that the past which they typify is still present. The woods, the fields, the hillside orchards laden with fruit, the fields of sheaved corn, the old stone walls overgrown with flaming vine, the farmyards heaped with brilliant pumpkins and other garnerings of the year, the acrid odour of smoke, the distant notes of horn and hound across the stubbled fields and dying meadows - all these things have a potent magic for one who has known the old days... -- H.P. Lovecraft, Sept. 2, 1931, letter to August Derleth
Risks and challenges
Lovecraft eZine has published several books already, and I've learned more with every book. I've been running Lovecraft eZine for five years, and in that time I've built a reputation as someone who always keeps his word. When you support this project, you will receive the rewards in a timely manner.
That's not to say that things can't go wrong. They can -- that's life. But if they do, what is not acceptable is lack of communication. I do not anticipate delays, but if they were to happen, I will stay in touch with you and keep you posted about what's happening.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (41 days)