About this project
THIS LAUNCH HAS BEEN A BLUR OF AMAZEMENT!!!!! WE'VE FUNDED IN 30 SECONDS AND WE WERE OVER 100 000 $ AFTER LESS THAN AN HOUR!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT!!!!!!!! WE ARE REALLY HUMBLED BY YOUR ENTHUSIASM!!!!!
After the end of the Kickstarter, come join us at www.ragingheroes.com.
And see see all the images of the minis in this Kickstarter here.
Also, we drew up a quick list of pretty incredible facts about our project, from what we've been able to assess by digging through the Kickstarter website. At the time we are writing this:
- The Toughest Girls of the Galaxy Kickstarter is the 2nd biggest miniatures-only Kickstarter (that is, miniatures proposed without a game), after the legendary Reaper Bones Kickstarter
- It is the 12th biggest Kickstarter in the Tabletop Games section
- It ranks 40th in the Games Category (which also includes video games!)
- We're the 66th largest Kickstarter to date
- And from what we can tell, we appear to be the most successful Kickstarter so far created by a French company!
QUICK GUIDE: if you are new to this Kickstarter, or need some directions...
→ Pledge Levels: To make sure you see the latest version of the pledge levels, scroll down below or click here. Need more stuff beyond your pledge level? Just increase your pledge by the amount noted on the minis you want.
→ Paypal Option: If necessary, you can now pledge with PAYPAL on this Kickstarter.
→ What's available: Scroll down a little bit on this page to get a visual list of all unlocked minis to date.
→ Unlocked Free Upgrades: Select minis are getting alternate heads, extra weapons, etc. They apply to ALL pledge levels. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see them all.
→ Add-ons: Several items or special offers can be purchased in addition to your Pledge Level. They are all listed on a green background, nearly at the bottom of this page.
→ Unofficial pledge calculator, created by Kenneth Gray. A must-have!
Pledge at LIEUTENANT Box level ($165) or above to get them ALL for FREE! 14 Freebies have already been unlocked (Est. Retail: $222, In-KS Add-on value: $149!):
- #1: Ash, Tank Gunner
- #2: Kristina Karlstein, Armoured Division Officer
- #3: Jaheda Kano, Armoured Division Officer
- #4: Harry the Baby Hippo, Jailbirds' mascot
- #5: Svetlana, the Light of Freedom (read her story)
- #6: Raven, the Chain Breaker (read her story)
- #7: Jinx, the Iron Empire mascot (read his story)
- #8: Charlie, the Kurganovas' mascot
- #9: Nertha, the Faceless Mother (read her story)
- #10: Lucky Lucy, Jaibird Spotter
- #11: W101, Iron Empire Cyber Zombie Bodyguard
- #12: Nurse Karoline, Kurganova medic
- #13: 1 new Lulu
- #14: Natasha, Com Operator
FROM CONCEPT TO PRINT:
WHO WE ARE:
Raging Heroes is a small French studio that produces high quality miniatures. The Toughest Girls of the Galaxy are 3 armies made of very characterful, highly detailed and ultra-dynamic heroines and customizable multi-part troops and support.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS KICKSTARTER?
In the last few years, we have been slowly and carefully developing our range, our workflow, a distinctive style and also a positive work philosophy toward our partners and customers. While laying this ground work, we were getting ready for the next step:
By supporting this project, you are helping Raging Heroes to create not just a few collectible characters here and there, but rather, three full blown Armies, with all kind of troops, heroines and support. This also lays the foundations for an upcoming, very unique game system and its lively background, and perhaps more...
WHY SHOULD YOU PLEDGE?
By supporting this Kickstarter, you'll help us release three all-female 28-mm Sci-Fi armies. In doing so you'll get the benefit of:
- Miniatures with tons of attitude, dynamic posing, exquisitely detailed sculpts
- An amazing range of over 150+ unique sculpts planned
- Sculpts that look exactly like the concept art
- Utra-customizable multi-part troops, thanks to multi-part ball-joint system
- Beautiful casts in super high quality metal and spin-cast resin
- Outstanding pledge rewards compared to regular street price
- An optional special delivery program that can ship your pledge in several waves to ensure you don't have to wait for months, with a first wave planned as early as September!
WHY SHOULD YOU TRUST US?
Raging Heroes is a very dedicated small French studio which has gained worldwide recognition for the quality of its work.
- We prepared this Kickstarter project for an entire year, working with top artists and suppliers (and planning for every potential pitfall we could think of);
- We've set up an exclusive optional drop ship program with retailers around the world so that you can get your pledges delivered to a shop near you each time we complete a wave of production. This way, you won't have to wait for all our production to be complete before having some of your miniatures. The first wave is planned as soon as September;
- Our customers keep on praising the quality of our minis and of our customer service, and we work very hard every day to keep it this way;
- We are known for asking for and listening to our customers' feedback;
- We are not newcomers: we've produced, packed and shipped over 20,000 minis in more than 60 countries since our launch in 2009!
Want to know more? Lots of behind the scene info and full size concepts here.
THE PLEDGES: GREAT DEALS TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT
For this Kickstarter, the base price of these miniatures has been DRASTICALLY REDUCED, from 17 to 40% off right off the bat.
And that's BEFORE the stretch goals, the freebies, the free upgrades, and the gift minis included in all pledges from CAPTAIN BOX and above (see more details below).
→ HOW DOES THE PLEDGE SYSTEM WORK?
You can choose pretty much what you want in each category by referring to the cost of each miniature. If you want more miniatures than your pledge allows, you can increase your pledge by the needed amount or switch to a higher pledge level.
→ GIFT MINIS
Like an extra good deal? CAPTAIN BOX levels and above all include additional FREE minis! This is not the same as the FREEBIES, which you will be unlocking further down the road, and that will be added to all Pledge Levels at LIEUTENANT BOX and higher.
Kickstarter Exclusive Miniature
However, everybody also asked us for a KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE miniature. So we went for someone special, who will be a character for a unit that will only be released when we launch our game... Meet the Iron Empire's Sky Captain of the Jetpack Girls unit.
But bear in mind that she's a fickle one: she's included IF AND ONLY IF you have pledged at PAINTER BOX/CADET BOX levels and above!
RECENT UNLOCKS :
Read the Updates to see large images of all the minis and learn a lot more about their story...
Below you can review what has been unlocked and what's coming up in the HEROINES, TROOPS and SUPPORT sections.
We can't say too much until we release our future game, but here is some background info on our three current factions:
THE JAILBIRDS DIVISION (JB)
(We nicknamed them the Rambettes.) They were the ones that started it all. They are a bunch of low-life bad-ass big-attitude girls who all ended up in planetary prison held by the Kurganov government. In the game, they will be used as small penitentiary contingents led by the Kurganova Shock Troops, or as a full autonomous faction (because, as you can easily imagine, many of them have escaped captivity).
They are commando-style units with nothing to lose, and they specialise in acquiring enemy equipment for their own purposes.
THE KURGANOVA SHOCK TROOPS (KST)
Led by the ultra-powerful Kurganov family, the Kurganova Shock Troops are a highly organized and disciplined army with underlying Eastern European themes. They also benefit from the support of strong cyber-enhanced paganic magic. This, among other things, allows them to 'waken' the 'were' gene that can transform some members of the Kurganova army into giant were-wolves or were-bears.
THE IRON EMPIRE (IE)
The Iron Empire is made up of exiled people that have somehow stumbled upon necromantic knowledge from alien pharaonic gods. They combine Prussian and Germanic influences with some kind of Aegyptian cyber necromancy that allow them to raise the dead and create bio-mechanical aberrations.
It is still a bit early to talk about the game as it's not the purpose of this TGG Kickstarter. However, you should know that we've been working on a game system for quite some time now. It will be very scalable, allowing to play small skirmishes to large tabletop battle. Most of all, it will be very cinematic and centered about the high deeds of heroes and other characters.
Our goal is to immerse you in the same excitement and action that you'd get in the great battle scenes of movies like Braveheart, Lord of the Rings, or Starship Troopers...
This TGG Kickstarter will allow you not only to have female miniatures that can be played in many game settings, but also to make sure you have access to full Raging Heroes armies at the moment we launch our game.
All packages will be shipped from France with insurance and tracking info. PLEASE ADD the following amount to your pledge for shipping:
- USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapour: $23
- European Union and Switzerland: $20
- France: $10
- Rest of the World: $26
DETAILS OF THE FREE UPGRADES:
For your convenience we are gathering all the various upgrades here.
Risks and challenges
There's been discussion on some forums as to why we took so long to launch this KS. The main reason for this is that we focussed on protecting you the pledger: we wanted to dramatically reduce the possibility of encountering the pitfalls other KS for miniatures and games have had to deal with.
The biggest risk for KS on miniatures are delays in casting. Here's what we've done to address this:
- We made sure that our sculpting planning was realistic. This means that you'll be able to have access to a first wave of production as early as September. And we have set up and used for the past several months a sculpting workflow that allows us to create many miniatures quickly without compromising their quality. This means that 80% of the sculpting process will be done by the end of the Kickstarter.
- We split the casting between two foundries: One in metal and one in resin, so that neither gets overwhelmed with volume should this KS exceed expectations. And if this Kickstarter was to go extremely well, we also have back-up plans for injected plastics.
- We have set up a program to help pledgers who wish it get their minis as soon as a wave of references become available. This way, you won't have to wait until all the minis are finished to finally get what you pledged for.
- We have set up a quite late delivery date for pledges that has plenty of room for unexpected issues that may come up in the casting and shipping process.
- We are currently expanding our team to have staff dedicated to the packing and shipping logistics.
- We have been growing our team of freelancers to stay on top of our sculpting schedule.