Draconis Invasion is a fast-paced strategic deck-building card game for 2-5 players. You and your friends must fight the forces of evil in a beautiful dark fantasy world.
Players take the roles of noble Heroes in this 30-minute tabletop game. Defeat vile invaders while recruiting powerful defenders, garnering wealth, and completing secret quests. However, as the battle rages on, fatigue and fear will begin to take their toll, bringing your soldiers to their knees.
(Prices below are in Canadian dollars)
All pledge levels will be available with English and French rules. You will be able to choose your version during the pledge manager phase after the campaign.
The Warrior level pledge will get you a standard core game box along with ALL the stretch goals unlocked during the campaign.
The Victory level pledge is a deluxe set that will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign. On top of this exclusive content, we will also include ALL the stretch goals that are unlocked during the campaign. Deluxe set includes: 15 Deluxe Foil Defenders, 15 Deluxe Foil Actions, 5 Deluxe Foil Event Card, 2 Deluxe Foil Invaders, Deluxe Terror Dice, and Game Art Book.
The Hero level pledge is a Limited Edition Pablo Fernandez (PF) set that will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign. The Hero level pledge includes a Limited Edition PF Box + 10 Limited Edition Foil Print PF Action Cards + 10 Limited Edition Foil Print PF Defender Cards + Limited Edition PF Playmat + all Unlocked Stretch Goals + the Victory level deluxe set that will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign.
The Dragon level pledge is a custom set that will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign. The Dragon level pledge includes: 1 Custom Character for New Action Cards + 1 Custom Character for New Defender Cards + 1 Custom Character for New Invader Cards + 1 Custom Character for Game Box Cover + all Unlocked Stretch Goals + the Hero level Limited Edition set that will only be available during the Kickstarter campaign.
(Prices below are in Canadian dollars)
We have had the pleasure of cooperating with many talented guest artists who have created some amazing fantasy illustrations that we are proud to offer as add-ons. You can add these optional buys to your pledge level by simply choosing the item(s) you would like and then following the instructions below to add to your pledge! All add-ons require base pledge to be at the $29 tier and above.
ADD-ON INSTRUCTIONS: To add an add-on to your pledge, follow these steps:
- 1) Press the 'Manage Your Pledge' Button above. If you have not pledged yet, it will say 'Back this Project'.
- 2) Increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box by the total of the add-ons you want to add.
- 3) After the end of the Kickstarter campaign you will receive a survey that will ask you questions so that you can explain how you would like the add-on money assigned.
In case you enjoy designing your own Action cards and Defender cards, here are some add-ons to tickle your fancy.
"There's alot of cool stuff going on with this one that I found to be highly highly highly enjoyable." - Undead Viking
"Really takes some of the best elements from deck-building games and puts it together into something a lot more unique than the sum of it's parts." - Board Game Brawl
"It's a very well-rounded game. I really enjoyed it." - Bearded Meeple
"Combines elements of Dominion, Ascension, and Ticket to Ride to create something that feels new yet familiar. Mechanics & theme share a stronger bond than in many other games in the genre." - Steve Tassie, Curator of Snakes & Lattes
Undead Viking Review:
Board Game Brawl Preview:
PlayingBoardGames Twitch Playthrough:
Bearded Meeple Review:
NVS Gameplays Preview:
Creator's Game Tutorial:
Download How-To-Play Guide: Draconis Invasion: Gameplay
Sneak Peek at the Game Cards: Updated Cards
Gameplay & Art Session with Manthos Lappas: Playthrough and Illustrations
Random Late-night Gameplay Demo:
In Draconis Invasion, each player will work to increase the strength of their Treasury, Defenders, and Actions from a shared pool of cards. At the start of the game, players will be dealt Campaign cards. Players keep these secret missions and can complete them for bonus points when the game ends. Players race against each other to defeat the revealed Black-Level and Red-Level Invaders for Glory Points, but as new creatures appear, your armies will be weakened by Terror cards and the Terror Dice. The Terror Dice triggers Event cards throughout the game. This deck serves as a countdown of increasing doom and consequence as the game progresses.
The game ends when a player defeats their 6th Invader, or when the final Event card is revealed. To determine the winner, players reveal their hidden Invader points and completed Campaign points. The player with the most combined Glory Points wins the game as the kingdom's greatest and deadliest champion.
Draconis Invasion has been fully playtested, balanced, playtested again, and balanced again. The mechanics and rules were finalized at the last possible moment so as to incorporate as many suggestions and fine tuning as possible. The end result is a beautiful and fun deck-building game with great pacing, hidden points, bonus quests, a unique blend of mechanics, and a solid mix of tactics and strategy.
Updates on Card Design:
1. Urgency - The game feels urgent and the energy is high right off the bat. Killing Invaders can happen as early as the first turn! This was on purpose, as most games ramp up slow, and the action takes a while to get rolling. The variety of weak and strong enemies allows for the choice of quick combat or a slow build to kill the heavier Invaders.
2. Auto-Handicap - The game offers a solution for players who get discouraged when they are behind. The Terror cards and Terror Dice create a "fatigue" that weighs on the game-leader and encourages other players to catch up, giving anyone a chance to win the game, even when they are losing.
3. Campaign Cards - Completing these special missions adds an extra layer to the gameplay. Should I pick up new Campaigns? Which Invader should I defeat now? How will these bonuses affect my win? How many Campaigns did my opponents complete?
4. Hidden Points - The points are kept hidden throughout the game and it is uncertain who will win until the big reveal at the end. This keeps all players engaged, because there is never any certainty of loss or victory.
5. Speed - The games end in about 30 minutes once you know how to play. This allows for multiple plays and constant rematches where you can tweak your strategy.
6. Doomsday Timer - The Terror Dice and Event Cards act as a doomsday timer. Each time the Dice increases to 6 and an Event is revealed, players feel the effects and it adds an element of shared suspense. Some cards only affect the leading player(s), causing the other players to celebrate their misfortune... which is pretty funny.
7. Faster Turns - The ABCD gameplay in Draconis Invasion is different than your average DBG. You may do your Action combos, but then you may only choose ONE of the following moves: BUY or CAMPAIGN or DEFEAT. Can't do them all. Choose one. These decisions are crucial and they also make player turns shorter, which benefits the people waiting for you.
8. Terror Reveals - As the game progresses, you gain Terror cards (junk cards) from the revealed Invaders. Theme-wise it means that the new appearing enemy strikes fear and despair into the hearts of your army, affecting your future turns. These reveals also add an element of suspense, risk and consequence to the attacking player.
We are huge fans of modern board games and fantasy-themed media. Additionally, we have been working in the toy and game industry for several years now. Jeff Lai and Kim Blair are the creators of successful projects such as Brobo toys (now distributed by Hog Wild LLC) and the Loud About party game (now distributed by CSE Games). Our company, KEJI, is passionate about creation and play. For this game, we recruited the incredible artwork of established fantasy illustrator and concept artist Manthos Lappas, who has done work for companies like Cryptozoic. Together, our team has developed a gorgeous and kickass strategy game. This has been a true labor of love.
On top of the people mentioned above, a super team of professionals have worked on Draconis Invasion. Here’s a complete list:
- Game Author: Jeffrey Lai
- Development Team: Kim Blair & Jeffrey Lai
- Artwork: Manthos Lappas
- Additional Artwork: Pablo Fernandez, Grzegorz Pedrycz, Costas Haritos, Bramasta Aji, Vuk Kostic, Ina Wong
- Graphic Design: Alisa Miroshnik
- Additional Graphic Design: Josh Derksen
- Fantasy Backstory: Peter Koevari
- Video Producer: Shawn Anderson
- Voiceover: Helen Moore-Gillion
- Script: Matthew Barnette
Shipping costs will be applied once the Kickstarter is over so as to allow us to calculate the exact costs when taking into account all the unlocked stretch goals and optional purchases. We will be cooperating with Snakes & Lattes (the Canadian distributors of Cards Against Humanity) for deliveries in North America and Amazon for Europe. The Stretch Goals will have an effect on the price of shipping, but the current estimate for a Dragon pledge with all the stretch goals is on average $14 CAD for all North American and European addresses. For all other parts of the world, it is harder for us to get an exact cost as we do not have logistical hubs there. Therefore, please keep in mind that the figures below are deliberately overestimated in an attempt to prevent any last minute surprises, so they are more than likely to change!
(Prices below are in Canadian dollars)
- Local Pickup (Oakville or Downtown Toronto): $0
- Canada, USA, Europe : $14
- South America : $35
- New Zealand : $35
- Australia : $30
- South Africa : $35
- Japan : $25
- China : $35
- Taiwan : $25
We will do our best to ensure that your product arrives on time.
Risiken und Herausforderungen
We've been developing toys and games, working with factories overseas, and coordinating with distributors for some time now. We realize that there can be unexpected delays in production, shipping, customs, and fulfillment. Our estimated delivery date gives us 6 months, but please keep in mind that this is our best estimate. We will do our best to avoid possible delays and, in the unlikely event that we are unable to deliver the game, we will be refunding pledges in full. The game is 90% complete as we head into this project, and that we have production facilities and fulfillment options confirmed.
Refund Policy: All pledges can be refunded up to 60 days after the end of the Kickstarter campaign, charges included, no questions asked.Näheres zur Rechenschaftspflicht auf Kickstarter
- (30 Tage)