Dungeon Discoveries - Sci-fi Card Sets for Roleplaying
Idea generation cards for Sci-fi roleplaying game masters. Draw endless ideas on the spot. System Neutral results for any sci-fi TTRPG.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, April 3 2019 6:47 PM UTC +00:00.
Idea Generation Cards for Sci-Fi Roleplaying
Coming up with original details on the spot is not easy. Whether you are a seasoned game master, or have just started with roleplaying; Dungeon Discoveries card decks will help you conjure up inspirational world-building details with the flip of a card.
Our original Dungeon Discoveries Kickstarter was successful and got very nice responses. We love sci-fi ourselves, so with these 3 new sets we expand the product range for sci-fi themed roleplaying games. The cards are system-neutral so you can use it for any sci-fi Tabletop RPG.
Draw Cards. Get Endless Results.
Each themed, 50-card set generates thousands of system neutral results. Draw a card and match up any entry from the top and bottom half. Draw multiple cards to create endless combinations. The results can be cryptic, mundane or even accidentally funny.
- Insane replay value with nearly infinite combinations.
- Thousands of possible results per 50-card deck.
- System-neutral. No Dice rolling needed.
Are your players veering off the beaten path? Searching in places you didn't plan? Are you looking for a mysterious new quest hook? Dungeon Discoveries decks provide an endless stream of ideas; When you are planning your next game, or on the spot during game night. Never again will you have to say... "You find nothing"...
Endless Combinations & Replay Value.
You are free to combine entries from the top and bottom half, giving you many fun options per card. Each fifty card set contains 200 to 400 "seeds" that you can combine. Draw multiple cards and the number of possibilities escalates quickly. Smart people have told us that a single 50-card deck of Dungeon Discoveries gives you tens of thousands of results. Granted, not every combination will make sense; which in some cases is exactly what you want :-)
Spark Your Creativity.
There are plenty of random encounter and loot decks on the market, but they usually offer very little or no replayability. Dungeon Discoveries decks can be used on the fly during game night or during game preparation. Use the cards to come up with fresh ideas for your story and encounters, or even in ways we have not even thought of yet.
- Generate interesting before the game: Create hidden clues, mysterious objects, surprising story hooks, red herrings and more.
- Generate ideas during the game: When your players roll investigation checks, talk to NPCs, a cryptic cliffhanger at the end of a session.
The Three Sci-Fi Decks
Similar to our fantasy-themed decks, the new sci-fi deck themes will be "Searches", "Adventure Hooks" and "Locations". The current names and artwork are placeholder, and will be finalised and revealed during the campaign.
- "Searches" Deck: This set provides you with interesting, world-building details on the spot when your players are searching the perimeter. This can be anything from discarded blasters, to a leaking radiator. With a little imagination, these help create a living world for your players.
- "Locations" Deck: This set provides you with quick ideas for interesting locations. Wether you are "winging" it during play, or when you need ideas during game prep, this set helps you spark interesting scenes.
- "Adventure Hooks" Deck: This set provides you with narrative ideas that can form quick quests, NPC motivations or other story elements to weave into your campaign. From a captain that is being bribed by a new handsome recruit, to an alien diplomat on a secret mission.
- PDF Addon with Physical Decks: After the Kickstarter ends you can choose an optional PDF Add-on in Backerkit at a discount.
- PDF Set: DIY Printable PDF set of all three sci-fi themed decks.
- One Card Deck: One Physical Card Deck of choice.
- Two Card Decks: Two Physical Card Decks of choice.
- Three Card Decks: Three Physical Card Decks of choice.
- Autographed Decks: The 3 physical sci-fi themed card decks, exclusively autographed by us.
- Complete Bundle: All six physical card decks (fantasy + sci-fi themed) in a bundle.
- Autographed Bundle: All six physical card decks (fantasy + sci-fi themed) in a bundle, exclusively autographed by us.
- Card Architect: Get Three Phsyical Card Decks and Collaborate with our writing team to add 10 of your entries into the sets. Limited to 25 backers. Free shipping included.
Loresmyth is from the Netherlands in Europe. Our Kickstarter Campaign images show prices in Euro. The Kickstarter website will automatically show pledge prices in your country's currency, so prices may vary.
To keep the pledge levels for this project clean, you can add optional extra's to your pledge in Backerkit - This is possible after the Kickstarter ends. Add-ons include our fantasy-themed Dungeon Discoveries decks, PDF Files and other Loresmyth products
Nord Games, Shipping & Backerkit
Our good friends at Nord Games in the USA help us with this Kickstarter and fulfilment of orders in the United States and Canada. European orders and other countries are handled by Loresmyth from the Netherlands. Nord Games has a massive track record in the roleplaying business and we are happy to work side-by-side.
Backerkit Pledge Management -LoreSmyth uses Backerkit to handle reward shipping, shipping cost collection, and all post-pledge changes/add-ons. This is a mandatory step that enables us to more reliably deliver rewards. You will be asked to create a Backerkit account to select your reward. Add-ons to your pledge and modifications such as address changes can be done through Backerkit as well. Please complete this process.
Shipping Costs -Your Kickstarter reward tier does not include shipping costs. These are calculated and charged through Backerkit later, based on your location and reward tier. See our FAQs for the shipping regions and cost estimates. We are committed to giving you the best possible shipping rates possible. Please message us privately with any questions you may have.
During this final step, you can make changes to your address, pledge level and other things (if needed). You will be asked to create a Backerkit account if you have none already, this is required to finalize your pledge.
Risks and challenges
The risks for this project are low.
This our 6th Kickstarter project and the second product in the series. We have an established product design and process. We're confident in our reward fulfillment estimation. We are working with manufacturers we have an established relationship with.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter