Did you miss out on our campaign? Go to our website www.wibaigames.com for the Pre Order link!!
Transylvania: Curses & Traitors is a fast-paced Adventure & Exploration board game for 3-6 players averaging 45-60 minutes. The game is a race to secure the fate of Transylvania- will you find the knowledge to solve the Curse, or will your darker side lead you to a monstrous reign of terror? Many will die trying to find out - but dying is half the fun!
Designed for incredible replay with a modular board, variable player powers, and decks of Event and Quest cards, the game provides a unique and engaging journey into the wilds of Transylvania every time you play. A winner-take-all competition with your friends, Transylvania: Curses & Traitors provides multiple paths to victory.
As requested by our Kickstarter backers we are offering a brand new Kickstarter exclusive. The game will now come with alternative character cards for the Vampire & Zombie, adding a female Vampire and a male Zombie to games delivered exclusively to our Kickstarter backers!! See our Facebook page for more details.
COMPONENTS INCLUDED IN EVERY COPY OF THE GAME:
- 1 Rule Book
- 16 Modular Board Game Tiles
- 6 double-sided Adventurer Character Cards (with the male version of the character on one side and the female version of the character on the other).
- 3 Monster Character Cards
- 6 Adventurer Pawns
- 3 Monster Stand-Ups
- 12 Custom Dice: The game features black custom dice with a full moon on 3 sides (a zero result) with the other sides having a 1 pip, 2 pip, and 3 pip.
- 70 Quest Cards (36 unique)
- 60 Event Cards (54 unique)
- 9 Player Reference Cards
- 64 1" (2.54cm) Quest Tokens
- 40 3/4" (1.9cm) Support Tokens
- 6 Sliders to keep track of Character health
Players begin the game as an Adventurer. These Adventurers have variable player powers including Movement, Attack, Mind, and Spirit traits. Fully illustrated character cards help players keep track of their starting trait levels and health. Character cards are 4" x 4" (10.16 x 10.16cm) and have a male version of the character on one side and a female version of the character on the other side:
The game is played on a modular board consisting of sixteen unique and beautifully illustrated tiles, each 6" x 6" (15.24 x 15.24cm):
Adventurers begin their Quest on the Church Tile and then explore outward laying new tiles discovering new areas such as the Castle, Observatory, and Graveyard. On many of the board tiles players will encounter Event spaces marked with the "E" icon requiring the player to draw and resolve an Event Card:
Most Event Cards describe a perilous situation that the Adventurer must face and overcome. A poor roll will often result in loss of health, while rewards are given for a successful roll.
Adventurers will also encounter Token Spaces (the gear-shaped icons) on which Quest Tokens are placed when the tile is laid. To win the token, the Adventurer must make a die roll. The number of dice rolled depends on the character's traits. If the player is successful they exchange the token for a Quest Card:
The Quest Deck consists of items (some helpful, some cursed, while others are a bit of both), Knowledge Cards needed to solve the curse and win the game, and Transformation Cards that turn players into Monsters.
If players collect the wrong (or right!) combination of cards they are transformed into Monsters. As the Vampire, the Werewolf, or the Zombie the goal for winning the game immediately becomes killing the Adventurers:
3 PATHS TO VICTORY:
- Solve the curse: Collect Knowledge Cards from the Quest Deck and return your pawn to the Church Tile.
- Slay a Monster: Collect Item Cards from the Quest Deck that make you powerful enough to fight and kill one of the Monsters.
- Kill other players: Transform into a Monster with a Transformation card and then attack and kill half of the players.
Game set up video:
How to play your turn:
- Receive the full game, with all stretch goals, for only $45 delivered to your door! (United States only, see shipping for other countries) The MSRP for Transylvania: Curses & Traitors will be $60. By supporting our Kickstarter now you will receive this exclusive Kickstarter price and receive the game before you will be able to buy the game in stores.
- We want you to be a part of our project: The greatest thing about creating and playing board games is the people you meet along the way. Transylvania: Curses & Traitors has developed into where it is today with great feedback from many people. We would love for you to join the discussion and voice your opinion and help us complete the project. We value your feedback and will listen to your ideas and do our best to incorporate the best ideas presented. Let us know what is important to you. We would love for you to be a part of creating the final version of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors.
- We need you: Simply put, Transylvania: Curses & Traitors will never become a reality without your help. We have invested 100% of the funds for the artwork and graphic design but we need your contributions to manufacture and ship the game.
First Stretch Goal - $30,000 *UNLOCKED*
UNLOCK ADVENTURERS 7 AND 8! This level unlocks 2 new Adventurers, The Big Game Hunter and The Witch Hunter, and allows 4 more of our Kickstarter backers to become these characters!!
Second Stretch Goal - $35,000 *UNLOCKED*
UPGRADED CARDS! This level unlocks an upgrade of all Quest Cards, Event Cards, and Player Reference Cards from 270gsm purple core to 310gsm black core cards adding more quality and longevity to the game.
Third Stretch Goal - $40,000 *UNLOCKED*
PAWNS UPGRADED TO STAND-UPS! As requested by our Kickstarter backers this stretch goal now upgrades the Adventurer pawns from standard plastic pawns to cardboard stand-ups. There will be a stand-up for each character and each gender created from the character's portrait. Here is a mock-up of what these may look like:
Stretch Goal 3.5 - $42,500 *UNLOCKED*
2 NEW EVENT CARDS: This level unlocks 2 new Event Cards in the game and opens up 2 new Full Moon reward levels allowing 2 more of our Kickstarter backers to help us create new Event Cards for the game.
Fourth Stretch Goal - $44,500 *UNLOCKED*
UNLOCK ADVENTURERS 9 & 10! This level unlocks 2 new Adventurers, (allowing 4 more of our Kickstarter backers to become these characters!), The Sleuth and a 10th Adventurer voted on by our Kickstarter backers!! You can take part in the voting by visiting our poll on Board Game Geek (TBA).
Fifth Stretch Goal - $50,000
CUSTOM PLASTIC INSERT FOR THE GAME BOX: This level unlocks a custom plastic insert (instead of a cardboard insert) for the box so that all of the game components may be stored more easily adding more quality and longevity to the game.
VARIABLE PLAYER POWERS ADDED: This level also adds a new card for each Adventurer. The card will have the art from the character cards on the fronts and identical backs to create an easy mechanism for random character selection at the beginning of the game. The cards will also list an optional one-time-use player power allowing each Adventurer to use use the special skills and talents of their trade at some point during the game.
Sixth Stretch Goal - $55,000
UPGRADED CHARACTER CARDS! This level upgrades the quality of the character cards (Adventurers & Monsters). We are considering two options, plastic (PVC) character cards or 1mm thick punch board, creating more sturdy and longer lasting character cards. Let us know which option you prefer. You can take part in the voting by visiting our poll on Board Game Geek (TBA).
Seventh Stretch Goal - $60,000
MONSTER MINIATURES! This level unlocks 3 custom monster miniatures that will be included in every copy of the game (The Vampire, The Werewolf, and the Zombie). Each miniature will be 1.5" (3.8cm) tall and based off the portrait of each monster.
$15 EVENT CARD LEVEL (PDF ART PACKAGE):
- Includes digital PDF files with 8" x 10" (20.32cm x 25.4cm) high quality portraits of all characters (Adventurers and Monsters) included in the final copy of the game (15 to 23 characters depending on stretch goals achieved). You will also receive digital 8" x 8" (20.32cm x 20.32cm) high quality pictures of all board tiles included in the game (16 to 20 depending on stretch goals achieved).
- BONUS!! Official Print And Play: This level also includes the full official Print And Play PDF files for Transylvania: Curses & Traitors including all final art in the game. This is a great option for those not in a position to opt for the full game or those living in areas where shipping is expensive.
- Expected delivery September 1st, 2014. No shipping costs are required to be added. You will receive a drop box link when the files are complete for download.
- Here is a preview of the character portraits from the art package:
$45 - ADVENTURER:
- ONE copy of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors, all stretch goals achieved, and shipping to anywhere in the United States included. SHIPPING must be added outside of the United States.
$55 - MONSTER HUNTER:
- ONE copy of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors, all stretch goals achieved, the PDF Art Package, shipping to anywhere in the United States, and the full Print and Play. SHIPPING must be added outside of the United States.
$150 - FULL MOON (create an Event Card!):
- You will work with us and our artist to create an Event Card for the game. You will be involved in the creation, design, and art process. We will set up a phone call or Skype call to learn about your ideas for the card. We will do our best to bring your vision for the card to the game but we have final say on the card's design.
- INCLUDES: ONE copy of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors, all stretch goals achieved, the PDF Art Package, shipping to anywhere in the United States, and the full Print and Play. SHIPPING must be added outside of the United States.
$240 - Adventurer 4 pack - World Wide:
- Four copies of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors with shipping included to anywhere in the world. This is a great option for those living outside of the US, Canada, UK, and Western EU. Add $60 for each additional game. This reward level will ship to a single location only.
$300 - BECOME A CHARACTER:
- This is an opportunity to become one of the main characters of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors that will be included in every copy of the game! You will work with us and our artist to create an Adventurer character card inspired by your likeness. Levels include The Abbess (female), The Abbot (male), The Hero (female), The Hero (male), The Inventor (female), The Scientist (female), The Scientist (male), The Secret Agent (male), The Explorer (female), and The Explorer (male). See our website for the Character Creation process. Restrictions: There may be only 1 (one) of each character and gender in the game. Once a character is gone they are no longer available. You must choose from characters that have been unlocked. Women must choose female character levels and men must choose male character levels. We have final say on the character creation process. You must submit a high quality picture to be used for the character card to us no later than June 15, 2014.
- INCLUDES: ONE copy of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors, all stretch goals achieved, ONE 8" x 10" (20.32cm x 25.4cm) high quality print of your character delivered to your door, the PDF Art Package, shipping to anywhere in the United States, and the full Print and Play. SHIPPING must be added outside of the United States.
Free "lite" Print & Play and Rule Book: With this link you can access a free "lite" version of our print and play and rule book. This free version contains enough components to play the game and get an idea of what the game is all about. The rule book included in this lite print and play is comprehensive but nowhere close to the final version. We have hired a professional rule book writer and graphic artist to complete the final version of the rule book.
$45 - ADDITIONAL COPIES OF THE GAME: You may add additional copies of the game for $45 PLUS shipping to your destination. See our shipping section for add-on shipping costs to your location.
$5 - HOLIDAY CARD FROM YOUR FAVORITE MONSTER: You or another person of your choice will receive a Holiday card from the Vampire, Werewolf, or Zombie with a personal note from the creators mailed to your door before 12/25/2014.
UNITED STATES: All reward levels include free shipping to anywhere in the United States.
CANADA: Add $10 to each reward level for shipping to Canada. Add $10 for each additional copy of the game. We will be shipping from within Canada to our Canadian backers so you will not have to pay any additional taxes or customs charges!
UNITED KINGDOM: Add $10 to each reward level for shipping to the UK. Add $10 for each additional copy of the game.
WESTERN EU: Add $20 to each reward level for shipping to Western EU. Add $20 for each additional copy of the game. Western EU includes: Austria, Luxembourg, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Denmark, Netherlands, Finland, Portugal, France, Sweden, Greece, and Spain.
CENTRAL EU: Add $35 to each reward level for shipping to Central EU. Add $35 for each additional copy of the game. Central EU includes: Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Malta, Romania, and Slovenia.
WORLDWIDE: Add $40 to each reward level for any country outside of the United States, Canada, and the EU. Add $40 for each additional copy of the game.
ADVENTURER 4 PACK WORLD WIDE: Four copies of Transylvania: Curses & Traitors with shipping included to anywhere in the world. This is a great option for those living outside of the US, Canada, UK, and Western EU. Add $60 for each additional game. This reward level will ship to a single location only.
Note to EU backers: As stated above, we will be shipping from within the EU to our EU backers so you will not have to pay any additional taxes or customs charges!
Non-US, Non-Canada, Non-EU orders: Additional charges for applicable duties or taxes may be required by customs in the destination country. WIBAI Games, LLC has no control over potential duties or taxes nor are we responsible for payment of said duties or taxes.
Retailers: Thank you so much for supporting our Kickstarter campaign. We require proof of retailer status and a physical address. Please contact Loren Cunningham directly about your pledge and our retailer guidelines.
After backing our project, the next best thing that you can do is to help us spread the word. We would love to achieve every stretch goal giving you the coolest and highest quality game possible. You can help us reach all these stretch goals by spreading the word through social media. Here are some fun Avatars that you can use on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites:
WIBAI Games: WIBAI stands for "Wouldn't It Be Awesome If . . .?" This is the "what if anything was possible?", state of mind that we try to achieve with our ideas. The company was founded by husband and wife team Loren & Jamie Cunningham of Lenexa, KS, a suburb of Kansas City, MO USA in 2013.
Loren and Jamie make a great team when it comes to creating complex projects. Loren is constantly saying "Wouldn't it be awesome if . . .?" followed by some big idea. Jamie is the one who, most of the time, figures out how to make these big ideas work.
Loren has a background in accounting, sales, and is a business owner. He brings 10+ years of entrepreneurship to the company, focusing on big ideas.
Jamie has a background in science, a PHD, and is now a professor. She brings the ability to figure out how to make big ideas happen, plan, solve problems, create processes, write things down, and teach ideas to other people.
We have already invested 100% of the money required to pay for all of the art and graphic design of the game. We are very serious about making this game a reality and you have our sincere promise that you can entrust your time and money to us and we will send you a great game in return.
Risks and challenges
There is no doubt about it, this is our first Kickstarter and the first board game that we have attempted to publish.
The process of creating a game and getting it to backers on time is highly complicated and involved. Delays are possible at each step from art, to production, to shipping.
To mitigate these risks we have established a fantastic help-line of people who have the expertise that we do not. We have sought out industry professionals and people who have had successful Kickstarter campaigns to provide us with guidance, expertise, and a sounding board. We feel very confident that the people in our corner have and will provide us with the information necessary to provide a smooth and successful campaign.
We have established relationships with several manufacturing companies who have a proven track record of creating great games with high quality components and who have experience working with Kickstarter campaigns.
We have also established a supply chain network capable of getting the games from the manufacturer to our Kickstarter backers. We are considering multiple vendors who all have a good reputation in the industry and experience working with Kickstarter campaigns.
100% of the art and graphic design for all of the game components has been completed except for any new art created during the Kickstarter campaign which will include 4 new Event Cards,10-18 portraits for the character cards (since these are open for our Kickstarter backers!), and 2-4 new board tiles. Our artist is ready and waiting to complete these items in a timely fashion and we are already working with her on pre-production.
We believe in being 100% open, honest, and transparent with our backers and will keep them up to date, informed, and we are ready, willing, and excited to communicate and answer questions.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns about our campaign: email@example.comLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)