Delays, But Product Is On Its Way!
Happy November to All!
Well, we have good news and not-quite-as-good news. For the Executive Summary, skip to the bottom. For all the details, read on...
• For most of you, your Pyramid Arcade has shipped! The vast majority of rewards for this Kickstarter were shipped last Friday and yesterday and are winging their way toward you as we type this update.
• For those who would like tracking information, our fulfillment center will be providing all of that information soon--possibly as soon as tomorrow, but maybe not until the end of the week. So starting next week we should be able to start offering tracking for anyone who has not received their shipments.
• There are a few batches of US shipments that will not be shipping until today (Tuesday, 11/1). These include: signed copies, no-pyramid copies, and retailer bundles. So, depending on where you are and if our fulfillment center truly gets everything shipped today as promised, you may not get your copies of Pyramid Arcade until slightly *after* the street date of Thursday, 11/3. We are very sorry if this is the case for you, and greatly appreciate your patience.
• International rewards are also being shipped to our UK fulfillment facility today. This means that international backers will probably not receive their rewards for another couple weeks, but they ARE on their way! International backers will receive emails when their copy has shipped. Yes, this was supposed to ship last week. We thought it had.
WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?
For the most part, things have gone smoothly. But there have been a few SNAFUs that have slowed us down juuuusssttt enough to cause us to miss our desired ship dates:
• The aforementioned problem with the size of the safety testing logo caused our shipment to leave China two weeks late.
• The shortage of Xeno pyramids for stretch goals required a little extra time to figure out.
• Our facilitator at our US fulfillment center was ill, causing work to back up for about a week.
• There was a miscommunication about the importance of the order of shipments which caused the retailer backers' orders to go out later than desired. If the order of importance was understood, they could have scrambled to finish adding the demo copy stickers in order to get the retailer versions out close to on schedule.
• Our freight company made three crazy big mistakes, including shipping a pallet of product to our office in College Park, MD, when it was intended for Fresno, CA, and shipping the product intended for our own warehouse from Michigan to Illinois to New Jersey to Illinois again to Indiana and now to Pennsylvania... when our warehouse is in Virginia. Never seen anything like it. We are switching back to another freight company.
Some of these mistakes were our own, others were out of our control. None of them were game changers, so that's good... but together they did cause us to be later than desired with our shipping schedule. Thank you for your forgiveness.
• If you are a retailer who really needs to have product on street date, your best bet is to check with your distributors right now to see if they can get you some copies in time. Remember that we have a 100% return policy (in sealed, salable condition), so if you end up with too many copies once your Kickstarter shipment arrives, we will buy them back from you. To estimate arrival, we shipped on 11/1 from zip code 49037.
• We are very sorry that our retailer backers will not be able to sell product before street date, as this was one of the reasons you may have Kickstarted this project. However, you are still getting a free demo copy, a dedicated store locator on our website, and the exclusive ability to sell Kickstarter green pyramids through your store. We did not intend for this to happen, and the delay is only slight, but we recognize that it is not at all ideal and we are truly sorry.
• For fans of all kinds--retailers and consumers alike--we would like to invite you to sign up for our free holiday gift. This is just a little thank you to all of our amazing fans for your wonderful support, and we hope that you will enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it for you. We can't tell you what it is, but we're sure it will be of interest to you! So to receive your gift, sign up here today!
P.S. There are still close to 40 of you who have not filled out your survey... we can't ship your game until you do!
Executive Summary: Things are OK but not ideal, and we deeply apologize for delays. Shipments are happening and you will have your games soon. Retailers: You may want to order product from your distributor TODAY. To all our wonderful fans, we love you and want to show that by sending you a special holiday gift!