New Stretch Goal!
We don't want to count our chickens before they're hatched, but it's looking like we will meet our $100,000 stretch goal soon (we are at $96,000) and will hopefully be sending out 30 additional pyramids with your game shipments! We're not quite there yet, but we have 7 days to go - so we thought we'd add one more stretch goal for you to get excited about - BONUS CARDS!
If we reach $111,111, we will add two sets of cards to each game shipment!
First, we will add four more Twin Win Cards—trees and nests for the Kickstarter Green pyramids and the pink pyramids found in Pink Hijinks. We know the completists out there will want to have Twin Win cards for every color available, and we look forward to making that happen!
Second, we will make enough of all the $333 level custom Pyramid Arcade cards to send one of each along with the game to all game level backers (including the NO PYRAMIDS level), rather than just to those who backed at the $333 level. These cards are for other pyramid games, beyond the 22 that come in Pyramid Arcade. We currently have four backers at this custom level, and they have chosen these four games for their sponsored cards: Zendo, Skurdir, Freeze Tag, and Martian Gunslinger. In addition, Andy wants to make a card for the original game, Icehouse, bringing the set to five custom Arcade cards so far. And since it is still possible to back at the $333 level and add to the fun for everyone, more cards for more games might still be added!
So... this stretch goal will provide our Kickstarter backers a minimum of 9 additional cards, maybe more. These cards will NOT be included in Pyramid Arcade when it goes into stores this fall. Stores who back at the RETAILERS level will get one set of the Bonus Cards for there personal enjoyment.
Here are some great ways to share the Pyramid Arcade Kickstarter with your friends, family, and co-workers - please help us get the word out in this last week to reach this final stretch goal!
1) Choose your favorite video and share it on your favorite social media platform. Here are links to all the videos released so far. (Don't forget to check back on the Kickstarter each day for another new video!)
Links to all Videos: Introduction • Sample Games: Give or Take, Black Ice, Ice Towers, Color Wheel, Volcano, Hijinks, Treehouse, Launchpad 23, Ice Dice, Petal Battle, Pharaoh, Martian Chess, Homeworlds, Pyramid-Sham-Bo, Twin Win, Petri Dish, World War 5, Powerhouse, Looney Ludo, Lunar Invaders, Verticality, Zark City • Secret Bonus Videos: Unboxing the Arcade, A Brief History of Looney Pyramids, Kristin's Re-Boxing, Andy's Deal, #5, #6, #7
2) Do you have a blog? Please consider writing about Pyramid Arcade. If you've had a chance to play with the prototype, post a review. If not, tell your readers about the Kickstarter and why you're excited to get your copy. Have a design blog, post about the artwork. Chess or Go blog? Post about Homeworlds as another classic deep strategy game. Homeschooling blog? Post about what a great educational value you get with Pyramid Arcade. Here are some examples of what other bloggers have done so far: A Gnome's Ponderings, A Gnome's Ponderings on Martian Chess, Puzzle Nation, and Kickin' It with Meg.
3) Boost our signal any way you can!
- Retweet some great tweets from fans... like Jess, Greg, aRough1, Lauren, Jenn, and Paul.
- Or from game industry leaders... like Max Temkin, Games of Berkeley, Bebo of the Game Wire, Max Temkin again, Keith Baker, and Suzanne of The Dice Tower.
- Or just tweet something new!
- Make a Geek List on BoardGameGeek... like this Essen Watch List or this Most Anticipated Games List.
- Share or repost some key video feeds... like Push Your Luck.
- Or prominent reviews and announcements... like Geek Dad, Dice Tower News, BoardGameGeek News, Steve Jackson Games, Geek & Sundry, ICV2, iDigital Times, and Tabletop Gaming News.
- Leave your Spring 2016 copy of Casual Game Insider laying around in prominent places...
- Point people to Andy's AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit...
- Or his article on Analog Games...
- Or link to podcasts for those who are more auditory... like The First Roll, or Andy's own The Download!
- Are you a retailer with closed circuit TV? Run our videos in your store!
Basically, think of ways that you can help our message reach a new group of people who may not have heard about these great little pyramids!
And thanks again for all you have done to support Pyramid Arcade! We very much appreciate your help, and look forward to sending you this beautiful box set!
P.S. There isn't enough color in this update - so I will share this awesome image!