We're in the last two days of The Maze of Games campaign, and we expect some of you are coming back for the first time. Here's what you missed!
- We converted most everything to add-ons. Basically, you start by choosing one book type: ebook ($20), hardcover ($50), signed hardcover ($65), or signed Gatekeeper's Limited Edition ($175). Select one of those, and then if you want more items, use this pledge calculator to figure out your pledge.
- Even if you missed the first go-around on Gatekeeper's Limited Editions, you can upgrade now to one of our second printings! We have about 65 left out of our total of 250. Just choose the $175 level and you can get one of those. As of today, if you have ordered a Gatekeeper's Limited Edition, you can order a second such book for $175 if and only if you send us an inbox note that you have done so.
- Our add-on list includes the following: a gorgeous maze map for $10, award-winning composer Austin Wintory's digital soundtrack for $15, a set of a dozen code pencils for $30, three Pete Venters art prints (+$55 for the 1st, +$30 for the 2nd, +$20 for the 3rd), a thank-you video (+$50), and a puzzle seminar from Mike and Thomas Snyder (+$100). Note that all copies of the Gatekeeper's Limited Editions already contain maps.
- You can add additional books for $15 for an add-on ebook, $50 for an add-on hardcover, or $65 for an add-on signed hardcover.
- There are still a couple cryptexes left, one cameo, and a few larger rewards.
- All backers of any book will get a PDF of the book. All backers of any hardcover will get a mazefinder bookmark. Everyone gets Gatekeeper wallpaper.
- The Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has created an enchanting Gatekeeper scent which you can order in the late summer, if you have reserved a book with us by the end of this campaign.
- The Conundrucopia has gotten very big. So far we've freed Mike, Gaby, Thomas Snyder, Patrick Berry, Ken Jennings, Brendan Emmett Quigley, Eric Harshbarger, Dan Katz, Sean Trowbridge, Jeffrey Harris, Trip Payne, Wil Zambole, Patrick Blindauer, Roy Leban, Francis Heaney, Scott Kim, Wei-Hwa Huang, Pavel Curtis, Tyler Hinman, Jeff Martin, Matt Jones, Mark Gottlieb, Deb Amlen, Eric Berlin, and Richard Garfield. We still hope that section will contain an RPG from Mike and James Wallis, plus puzzles from David Ellis Dickerson, Scott Weiss, John Chaneski Greg Pliska, Jeff Chen, Peter Gordon, and the Puzzlemaster himself, Will Shortz!
- We have released a whole lot of puzzles, and will have a summary of them tomorrow, including our final puzzle and the revelation of the Gamesmaster badge.
Ebook in progress
Here's a video of the Puzzazz ebook in progress. It is very early, only showing a little hint of the awesome TouchWrite functionality. But it's still pretty darn cool.
More tomorrow. Thanks for supporting The Maze of Games!
Mike and the Sharks