An interactive puzzle novel written by Mike Selinker, with enchanting illustrations by Pete Venters. Read more
This project was successfully funded on March 14, 2013.
Conundrucopia: the second wave
As folks have likely noticed, we are running low on Conundrucopia authors here in the cage. With only Wei-Hwa Huang, Mark Gottlieb, and Peter Gordon left, what's a Gatekeeper to do? The answer of course is: MORE PRISONERS!
Let us introduce you to the second wave of captives. If certain milestones are met, we will release them and each will do a puzzle for the Conundrucopia. If they aren't met, maybe they rot in prison forever. These things happen. Okay, here's the inmate list, in no particular order:
- Eric Berlin, author of the puzzle-rich Winston Breen novel series
- Richard Garfield, game designer of Magic: The Gathering
- Deb Amlen, BUST Magazine puzzler and New York Times Wordplay writer
- Matt Jones, creator of the alt-weekly Jonesin' crossword series
- Jeff Martin, architect of the True Dungeon experience at Gen Con
- Pavel Curtis, crafter of mechanical puzzles
- Tyler Hinman, five-time American Crossword Puzzle Tournament champion
- Cliff Johnson, designer of the puzzle game The Fool and His Money
Wallpaper for all!
While we're chucking people inside our walls, let's decorate them a bit. We're adding a new stretch goal: At $110,000, we will give everyone a set of ten downloadable Gatekeeper wallpaper for their computers and smartphones. Artist Pete Venters has created these especially for our fans. And of course, Mike could not resist ... playing with them a bit.
These will be released very shortly after funding, so no need to wait till November for them. Put them on your wall today, and your desktops can look just like Mike's.
We have some great upcoming announcements about new content, so watch for those in the next few days. And don't forget about Mike's Ask Me Anything on Reddit on Friday at 2 pm EST/11 am PST.
Maze of Games Kickstarter Update Puzzle #13
Your journey continues! Here is the next part of your adventure through the maze.
13. As he pulls you out, you say, "Thank yo1. 2body else heard me or stopped to help. I could have died!"
When you have the game name that answers the puzzle, go to puzzazz.com/mazeofgames. Type in the puzzle's number and your answer, in that order. If you're correct, you'll get a piece of a maze which you can assemble to help you find your way out! You can find all previous update puzzles at the @MazeofGames Twitter feed.
Thanks for supporting The Maze of Games!
Mike and the Sharks