what's up with the Maze of Games Second Edition
The Maze of Games Second Edition is finally in our warehouse. We ran out of first editions late last year, but a whole bunch more showed up a couple days ago. We call this the second edition, because we took this opportunity to clean up a few things.
Other than minor changes in the indicia, credits, and backer lists, here are all the things that changed in the book.
- How to Use This Book • Changed "The Quest Begins" to "the Prologue".
- 8 of Diamonds • In clue 5, changed "total." to "total, but not both."
- 4 of Clubs • In 5th limerick, added a space after the apostrophe in the blanks.
- 8 of Clubs • In paragraph 5 of the novel text, changed "man man" to "man".
- 5 of Hearts • Changed clue 14 to AHEEMTRISATIONAEW.
- 6 of Spades • Unindented paragraph 1 of the novel text.
- 9 of Spades • In Euterpe's grid, deleted the line separating the 4th letter of the 6-letter word from the 7th letter of the 7-letter word below it.
- Conundrucopia: alfie at the zoo • In the 3rd couplet on the right, replaced the "s" with a space.
You can order the second edition right now on our Penny Arcade store. The Gatekeeper would want you to.
Hey, speaking of the Gatekeeper
What if he were in color, courtesy of Pete Venters? He'd look like this.
That's what happens when you say to Pete Venters, "Hey, we're making a horror game called the Apocrypha Adventure Card Game. Got any ideas for villains?"
FYI, you can click that link and pre-order Apocrypha if you like to actually play the Gatekeeper in a game of ours.
Last chance to back The Ninth World
Our Kickstarter campaign for The Ninth World: A Skillbuilding Game for Numenera ends in 48 hours, at 5 PM PST on Friday. So if you'd like a copy and all the crazy stuff we've unlocked, jump on it. Because it's a billion years in the future and you know you want to play this guy:
So time travel with us if you'd like. We'd love to have you.
Thanks for supporting The Maze of Games!
Mike and the Sharks