Update #16: The Forty-Eight Hour Checklist, a Gamemastering Guide, and the Final Gameplay Video
At the 48-hour mark, Kickstarter alerts people in various ways that the campaign is coming to a close. So people who've either not seen the campaign or haven't looked at it for a month are checking it out. If that's you, read on!
A lot has changed since we started. Since we launched:
- We unlocked all nine main chapters: the Books of the Skinwalkers, the Deathless, the Fae, the Animus, the Dreamers, the Damned, the Golems, the Serpents, and the Physicians.
- We unlocked a special bonus chapter called The Secrets of Candlepoint.
- We unlocked memory fragments written by the esteemed authors Matt Forbeck, Bruce Cordell, Jerry "Tycho" Holkins, Kij Johnson, Keith Baker, Erin M. Evans, Mary Robinette Kowal, Wolfgang Baur, Kris Straub, and Patrick Rothfuss.
- We unlocked a custom card creator from DriveThruCards.
- We unlocked a set of 9 free multicolor fragment promo cards that go with 9 new cross-chapter missions. This brought us up to 99 missions: 9 in each of 9 main chapters, 9 in The Secrets of Candlepoint, and 9 cross-chapter missions.
- We made new add-ons available from Ultra PRO, including a character binder and mission playmats and deckboxes.
- We created some new editions, including the Master's Edition and the Beast Box, plus a new retailer level.
- We unlocked fiction and story bible content by Matt Forbeck.
- We released a playtest rulebook and nine gameplay videos on the main page, including the one shown below.
- We lowered shipping costs to the EU and Australia, and made the game EU friendly.
- We put together a creepy puzzle series and a fun Twitter creative writing experience called #FragmentFriday.
- We're coming close to unlocking 150 new cards—raising the total to 1,300 cards in one product. That is a whole lot of cards. A whole lot.
We hope you'll give our pre-apocalyptic, persistent, cooperative, repressed memory-unlocking, half-card game/half-RPG a chance. If you backed at the $66 level and were unsure what might come in the $99 edition, the answer is: everything we said we wanted to do and more. Take a look around and let us know what you think.
Stretch goals: RPG gamemaster guide and missions
For our next stretch goals, we're expanding our RPG content. In the playtest rules is a gamemastered mission called "Tabula Rasa." If we hit our new stretch goals, we're going to give you an Apocrypha Gamemastering Guide with storytelling tips, rules on creating fragments and other cards, and mission "frameworks" that will let you play any mission in RPG or adventure card game mode.
We're going to break this one up over a couple of stretch goals.
- We'll make a Gamemastering Guide PDF at $260,000.
- We'll include a printed Gamemastering Guide with your rulebook at $275,000.
And those might not be our final stretch goals. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Our last gameplay video: GMing in Apocrypha
Speaking of RPGs, you should see what it's like to play the game in RPG mode. As you know, we've put up eight gameplay videos on the main page. Of course, we're kind of obsessed with the number 9, so we saved the biggest for #9. A lot of people have asked us to demonstrate a full game of Apocrypha in gamemastered mode. Here it is.
Here's some more art shown in this video. This set's by Oscar Cafaro.
Yes, that second illustration is called Extra Razor Blades. I love this game.
So that's our 48-hour update. Thanks for supporting the Apocrypha Adventure Card Game!
Mike and the Sharks