'Ever dreamt of catching Stars and making Music...? What do you mean, "No"?!
Well that's too bad, because that's what the whole Experience revolves around!
We're still gonna tell you a little about it... because WE think it's pretty cool.
"SoundBurst!" is a Musical Arcade Game coming to PC/Mac/Linux.
Switch Tracks with your little Ship, Catch all the Stars coming your way and Pulse them to harmonic smithereens to get Score and Expand the Music, revealing new Musical Palettes and Flavours.
Most everything you do triggers Sounds linked to the Musical theme of the Level you're travelling through, bringing you closer to the Ultimate Blossom of the Tune.
Completing Levels and Recreating the Music will give you access to new Musical Worlds filled with Groovy Challenges bringing the Musical Experience even further.
Still Not Interested? Well, just know you've also got :
- Vortexes to Dodge
- Bonus to catch
- Boosts to trigger
- Shockwaves to throw around
Nothing you can't deal with if you know how to use a Keyboard or a GamePad though.
Not Cool enough for ya? Well, it is for Us... and WE tried it!
"SoundBurst!" is our first production as the Lonely Kids.
Our very first goal was to focus on a single Core Gameplay that would seamlessly intertwine with Music.
The Game changed quite a lot during the past few months, but the initial intention has remained, and we've ended up with a solid Design built around some of the things we love most about Video Games :
- the Feel of Power through Pulses
- the Music behind every Player action
- the Explosion of Colours
- the Force Feedback through Camera Moves and such features as Time Freezes
We're really satisfied with the rather unique blend of elements we managed to bring together, cohering into a responsive and rewarding Gameplay Easy to Enjoy and Fun to Master.
"SoundBurst!" brings Gameplay AND Music together.
The SoundTrack is the work of our close Friends from The Mapples.
Here are a few demos of the tunes paving the Journey.
Feel the Excitement and Speed building up through that Electro Track.
Enjoy the Easy flow emanating from that trip among Stars.
Dust and Glory
Ride on this Epic Cavalcade through the West.
Shake your Booty and join the Party on this Nocturnal Piece.
The Journey Begins
Fasten your seatbelt and take part in that bumpy Space Odyssey.
We've been honing our creators' skills in the Video Game Industry for 4 years now.
A few months ago, we started working on our own Game, and after a little while and promising results, we decided to quit our jobs and go full-time on that Baby.
Setting up our own Video Game Studio was a natural step in that challenging adventure.
We now aim at making spruce and polished titles, blending Music and Gameplay with Elegance and Simplicity.
Our relative versatility and the beauty of Kickstarter’s Model allow us to offer "SoundBurst!" at a price we deem both reasonable and fair. The way we see it, Fair to the Players and Fair to Us is key in guaranteeing everyone’s satisfaction and happiness!
If you happen to share our views and feel like "SoundBurst!" could well be for you, join the Lonely Kids now...
Our Home : www.lonelykids-studio.com
Feel free to drop by anytime.
We’re covering the development expenses ourselves, through our own savings.
The money needed to get the Game out for Release does amount to a substantial sum, that’s why we’re calling out for the extra Kick that will make it happen.
The Goal we’ve set for that specific endeavour is $5000. That will cover the expenses for the proper Official Release of the Game and fashion the opportunity to bring "SoundBurst!" and Players together.
- $3000 : Engine Commercial Licence
- $1000 : Company setup and Names protection
- $500 : Merchandising for original rewards
- $500 : Kickstarter/Amazon Share
Though it is quite a substantial sum, $5000 does remain a reasonable amount when considering it will lead to the actual release of a Game everyone will be able to enjoy for around $5 only.
Over and Beyond...
As Game creators, our dream is to see Players from all horizons have fun with our little creation.
Should we have the good fortune of seeing Backers reply beyond our Goal, we will strive to bring the experience to as many as possible.
With that in mind, an iPad release of "SoundBurst!" could happen with $8000 and an Estimated Delivery Date of Early April 2014.
Rewards Packs are inclusive, i.e. a given Pack contains all rewards from previous Packs, with the exception of Double Packs.
Shipping fees are included for all items requiring Shipping.
- Digital Copy of the Game : Backer’s choice : DRM free/Steam key if Greenlight
- Alpha Demo : 2 Levels from the Alpha version of the Game as soon as Campaign ends
- Digital Soundtrack : includes all the Tracks for all the Game Levels
- Digital Concept Arts : a medley of Production Concept Arts
- Digital Design Docs : a medley of Design Documents (incl. LD and Main Features)
- Credited : Backer credited as "Backer" or "Playtester", according to Pledge
- Lonely Kids Badge : a Badge bearing the nocturnal and dreamy colours of our Banner
- SoundBurst T-Shirt : a T-Shirt to show the Backer’s commitment to the Project
- Handwritten Lonely Kids PostCard : a Lonely Kids Postcard, with a personal handwritten thanks from Us
- Playtest Access : an opportunity to participate in ensuring the Game’s ideal Balance and Focus towards Fun
- Your Own Track : work with Us to implement Your own Music Track for a whole Game Level
Risks and challenges
Being in Alpha Phase, we’re quite close to calling it a wrap, but not rushing anything, knowing the science of fun is all about care, balance and precision (kind of like building rockets, except you get a non-puke-inducing product if things work out).
With that in mind, we’re keeping at it during the whole Campaign, so we can safely guarantee a December release.
What do you think of that? Ready for Christmas! Nice and warm under the tree. (Digital tree, that is...)
Thanks for your time, feel free to contact us should you have any question!
- The Lonely KidsLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)