So Ded is a fast-paced deck building game of survival for 5-24* players (2-4 player rules available), ages 12+, with a 30 minutes playtime
The world has ended by gene sliced bees with humans!! Or maybe it's zombies or something else! On top of that, everyone left alive is out to get you
With random maps, weapons, armor, supplies and other unique gear, you will collect as much loot as you can while fighting anyone that gets in your way
Unique Deck Building: You start with a few knives, leather vests, supplies and ability to Hide. You gain more powerful equipment by visiting locations but you can also get loot from any opponent's deck when you defeat them! That's right, anything they have collected during the game is now yours for the taking
BATTLE ROYALE TIER:
Move your character (but not INTO the spreading Apocalypse!)
2) COMBAT & LOOT
- Are you alone at a location? GREAT! You get to loot anything at your location without issue!
- Oh, your not alone? Well get ready to fight because everyone else here is going to try to destroy you and take your stuff!
- You must fight (or hide... or drive away in a jeep, but you need find that first...)
- To battle, all players here secretly play 2 cards from their hand (usually 1 weapon and 1 armor)
- When everyone is ready, reveal all cards.
- The player with the lowest total is defeated and, unless they have a First Aid Kit or Bandages, they are out of the game
- The player with the highest total gets the victory, loots the location PLUS loots the defeated player's deck of cards
- Loot can be anything from Pistols, Rifles, Supplies, Jeeps, Camouflage Suits, Bullet Proof Vests, etc... all to help make your character a lot stronger. Its good to win a fight
- The apocalypse spreads! The board gets smaller as the <insert apocalypse meme> gets larger
- Level Up!: Anyone still alive and with enough supplies can turn them in to level up their character which helps make you stronger for the rest of the game
- Prepare: Add new loot to each location that is left
- Draw: discard your entire hand and draw 5 new cards. If you don't have enough cards left, shuffle your discard pile into your deck and continue to draw
BE WARNED: People will be eliminated at a fast pace! Only one will survive. So if you pull out a victory in this game, you should be praised in all of it's glory as it will be rare indeed
A great overview by Board Game Brawl:
Clown Vs Janitor!
Why Back This Project?
- Your pledge directly helps build this game!
- You want to crush your friends and family in a fast paced game
- Exclusive Characters only available during Kickstarter as a way to give a huge thanks to those that help make this game a reality!
- A TON of stuff for a low price in the box including: loot deck, character decks, unique characters, dice, locations, meeples, tokens, fun.. lots and lots of fun!
- Also, in case you missed it, you REALLY want to crush your friends and family (and maybe a few strangers) in a fast paced game. The more the better!
What Are People Saying?
"Had an absolute blast playing" - Beta Tester, Dylan H
"It was fun. I was the 3rd one out but can't wait to take another shot at the Clown to get my revenge" - Beta Tester, Cory B
"People got eliminated pretty quick. Was fun" - Beta Tester, Mike F
"I've played it a lot. Only won once but always up for another game" - Alpha Tester, Hannah N
"Great group game" - Beta Tester, Craig H
"Was a lot of fun, looking forward to the release" - Beta Tester, Mike T
We are using a new shipping company and we will only charge what shipping actually costs for the final product (all amounts are approximates but should be close) after the campaign
In order to be customs friendly, we will be shipping WITHIN the EU, US, Canada, Australia and China
REDUCED SHIPPING COSTS! (most between $6 and $12)
- USA ~ $6
- China, Macao, Hong Kong ~ $9
- EU ~ $9
- Canada ~ $9
- Australia ~ $9
- New Zealand ~ $12
- Rest Of Asia ~ $12
- Norway ~ $20
- ROW ~ $29
EU Includes: United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg , Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
Rest of Asia Includes:Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan
Customs Friendly Shipping to US, EU, Canada, Australia, and China backers
NUMBER OF PLAYERS:
The base game has 8 Character Decks, 8 Dice and 16 Meeples to play up to 8 players. The Character Packs have 1 Character Deck in them so you just need to find 1 regular dice and a set of matching items (minis/ legos/ coins/ etc) to use each extra player deck from the booster packs
- Base Game : 8 +1 players (+1 Exclusive Character Pack) = 9 players
- Deluxe Game : 8+3 players (+1 Exclusive Character Pack, +2 Deluxe Character Packs) = 11 players
- Battle Royale Set : 16+6 players (+2 Exclusive Character Packs, +4 Deluxe Character Packs) = 22 players
TIME TO PLAY:
- up to 8 players = 20-30 minutes
- up to 16 players = 30-45 minutes
- up to 24 players = 45-60 minutes
Risks and challenges
Being our 5th Kickstarter we have seen a lot now including ordering from China. This was all new to us and we had a lot of hoops to jump through but we learned a lot.
The relaunch helped us put together more value on pledges, introduce EVERYTHING we will have to offer and get our marketing straight. We hope to have a lot more eyes on the project than our last launch.
On the positive side, we had the best pledge engagement of any Kickstarter we have had. But we just lacked traffic. Hopefully we see an uptick in traffic. We think this game is a lot of fun and are looking forward to getting it out there for others to enjoy
We have much better knowledge of the process needed to be followed and look forward to meeting any challenges head on. Just like all of our projects, we will be very open and upfront about any difficulties we run into so no backers are left wondering where we are at. We try to answer any questions ASAP. The building/production/delivery of a board game is a very fun but involved process and we take every step seriously until all backers have gotten their pledges. Quality is #1 with us and we will always sacrifice some time to get everything right and top quality. We look forward to running a great campaign!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (22 days)