The rumors are true! The Crypt King has shown up on the edge of civilization with a legion of undead. On this border, an old Tavern named Haunted Oak has re-lit it's fires. The Elf Champion and his many allies are starting to fill the tavern and getting ready to face this new threat.
Download and try the FREE demo! More details, including background intro for DEMO below.
The 3rd stand-alone Game Pack in CQ:Heroes
This STAND-ALONE game pack can be played separately or with other game packs!
- Everyone plays to the end: No one is eliminated during the game and all players count their victory points at the end
- Quick flow of play: Because you draw up your hand at the end of your turn, you are then able to plan your next turn while others are taking theirs
- Tavern: There are no lands/mana to play your heroes. All heroes are 'free' to play. The Tavern helps you build power as you can place 1 hero into the Tavern at the end of each turn. These heroes may be played with your hand for larger attacks
- Party combat: You may only send 1 of each color to attack. Example: For your BLUE hero do you choose the CRYPT MAGE for Firenova or do you send the OAK WIZARD for pure power?
- Accessible: Only 1 deck is needed for up to 4 players. Extra decks can be used separately by each player or shuffled together for everyone to share
- Easy to collect: No mystery packs. Each deck has all the cards you need to play
- Simple and Engaging: Although it's simple to learn and play, turns can become quite involved with all of the hero abilities and how you combo them during your turn
- Fast: The game sets up in about a minute and plays in less than 20
Just add the amount to your pledge and message me to let me know what it is for:
$18 - Extra Game Pack #3
Comes with another set of Warrior tier stretch goals with no extra shipping cost (limit 2)
$6 - Champion Tier Expansion Card Pack
20 card pack that adds to Game Pack #1 and #2 which includes: Desert Warrior Set (5 cards), Elf Warrior Set (5 cards), 1xTemplar hero, Goblin Raid Adventure (9 cards)
New Card Type! Wandering Heroes: These heroes are part of the Adventure Deck and will show up during the game to join a players Tavern. Once used, they move to a new player's Tavern for them to use on their turn
New Card Type! Events: When drawn from the Adventure Deck, the Event is immediately activated and then added to your Victory pile
Also many new abilities for both Heroes and Encounters!
Starting with the first player, each player performs the following 4 actions in order:
- ATTACK: Attack 1 encounter OR skip your attack to add one additional Hero to your Tavern on the next step
- TAVERN: Place 1 hero in your Tavern (2 if you skipped your attack)
- DRAW: Draw your hand back up to 5 cards
- REFRESH: Add 1 new Adventure card to the dungeon hall
The game ends when either the Adventure Deck runs out of cards (the Crypt King 'wins') or you defeat the Crypt King and his minions. Either way, all players count their total Victory Points for their score.
FREE DEMO PnP + RULES!:
Download and try the FREE demo! Play with your friends, family and kids(recommend 8+). If you enjoy it and want to help get this published, please share with others and come back soon! More details on the demo deck including contents, story, etc. are below.
Haunted Oak Tavern (Game Pack #3): The adventure deck is themed around the Crypt King and his undead minions. This very fortified encounter starts with 20 skeletons and before you can even get to him, you have to defeat the many walls of bone that surround him. The adventure deck also comes with many new champions of the undead like the Blood Knight and Undead Paladin.
The Hero deck consists of mostly Elves and they bring extra ranged and quickness along with a few new abilities that work with Elves.
Savage Beasts Tavern (Game Pack #2): This hero deck is based on powerful beast Pet heroes. They get even stronger when a Beastmaster is present. The adventure deck is the Desert Temple and is the only deck (so far) that pits the players heroes face-to-face to fight for Victory Points
King's Guard Tavern (Game Pack #1): The first of all Character Quest:Heroes decks has a solid hero deck based off of Spearman and other armored heroes such as the Cleric and Warden. The adventure is the Goblin Keep in which you must defeat all locations first and then battle the Goblin Warlord and anything else that may be in the keep with him in order to win.
Each Game Pack comes with new abilities, encounters, new card types and a different way to beat each adventure.
- "I found myself really enjoying this game for a lot of different reasons. The quick setup, the quick teaching. Doesn't take a long time to get to the fun. You're diving into it right away"- Undead Viking
- "This is a great little game for the price. I like that there are no dice, and players are forced to use strategy by setting up combos to take down some of the harder monsters"- Jason (Grey Gnome Games)
- "There should be a version where you can play a campaign for hours" - Jason T
- "It's the best game I've played in a long time. My kids love it" - Andrew H
Goblin Raiders Adventure intro: The nearby farms are being captured and pillaged! Lead by a Goblin Brute that must be defeated. Player's take turns trying to free Wheat Field locations before Goblin Torchers show up and pillage them. Once the fields have been rescued (or burned), players will then be able to try and defeat the Goblin Brute before time runs out!
I'm very excited to let people try the game for free! It's been a blast to play with my friends, family and other players at event centers and card shops. If you enjoy it as much as we have, please come back and help share and support us to get this created! Thanks!
The demo deck contents:
A full 50 card hero deck. It has a few heroes from Game Pack #1, a few from Game Pack #2 and a couple heroes from a future Game Pack (sneak peak of the Storm Shaman, Half-Giant Warrior, and Templar)
The full 26 card Goblin Raiders Adventure deck is a spin off of the Goblin Keep Adventure but it also includes a few new cards made just for this demo (mostly to help with the new objective of stopping the goblins from raiding nearby farmlands!)
The demo set was created with demo art/style in mind. It's simply for the demo.
SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT:
more info: www.cqheroes.com
contact us with email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Risks and challenges
I really wanted this to be shipped by Christmas but I also don't want to risk if anything goes wrong production-wise that I would not be able to deliver. So giving this project an extra month to make sure everything looks great and is delivered on time.
I will use the same printing company for cards and the same company for tokens so everything should be as easy as finalizing the art and sending the prints for the boxes/cards to the printers.
Everything was delivered on time last kickstarter and expect to do the same this time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (26 days)