About this project
"The Gods have sent you back to fight again. As weary as you are, you blink away the memories of Valhalla and pick up your weapon, ready to charge into battle once again in defense of Midgard, until the next time the Gods bring you back."
Runecast is a 2-6 player cooperative board game where you become a Viking warrior, attempting to defeat Loki and his evil machinations in order to postpone Ragnarok for a little while longer. The Gods have chosen you because of your experience and abilities. Can you defend Midgard?
If you enjoy games like: Sentinels of the Multiverse, Forbidden Island, or Castle Panic, you will enjoy Runecast!
Runecast includes the following:
9 Double-sided 10" x 10" Battle Boards
6 4" x 8" Character Boards
32 Custom Engraved Dice
32 Card Fate Deck
16 Card Loki's Chosen Deck
6 Card Hero's Fate Deck
7 Death Tokens
7 Health tokens
24 "Breakpoint" resource tokens
Overview of components and a players turn:
Overview of Loki's turn at the end of the round:
In Runecast, players take turns doing battle with foes. Runecast contains 32 dice, featuring Mjolnir - Thor's Hammer, Jörmungandr - the World Serpent, and Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life.
Runecast is simple, literally...you can remember what to do on your turn just by saying DUR! (don't say it too much though, it may make you look strange and unhinged in front of friends and loved ones. I suggest adding "Ho" in front.}
Draw: Players decide if they want to draw a card from their Fate hand. Each player is dealt a hand that they can't look at. They need to decide if the situation is worth tempting Fate and possibly drawing a card that makes things worse! The lure of valuable armor and weapons is very strong, and can't always be resisted!
Use: A player can decide to use their ability. Remember, you can use your ability at any point on your turn, or on other players turns! You may need to discuss what is best strategically for the group.
Roll: Grab a handful of awesome dice and roll to for damage! Each Hammer result is 1 wound to your enemy, each Snake result is 1 die added to Loki's pool, and each Tree can be used to heal a hitpoint, up to a max of 2 hitpoints per turn!
After each round, one player must roll all of the dice collected by Loki during the round.
Once the dice have been rolled the player will determine who is targeted by Loki by drawing a card from the Loki Deck.
After assigning damage, Loki's servant will have to resolve the remaining dice to determine if a Battle ability or a Boon was triggered.
Child Geek: "I feel like I'm on an epic adventure with my friends. Bring on Loki!"
Parent Geek: "I like this game. It's casual and quick. It can make you angry in one round and jumping for joy in the next. That's a game worth playing."
Gamer Geek: "This is a light game, full of luck and fun. It's total beer and pretzels with a healthy dose of fighting Norse monsters of epic proportions."
Father Geek: "Runecast is a game that can be easily adjusted to fit just about every gamer's needs, making it a welcomed guest at any gaming table."
This game might work very well for introducing younger players to dice-rolling games, since kids will certainly enjoy rolling fistfuls of dice. The artwork is serious but inoffensive, so they might feel like they are playing a more “adult” game,
If you want to sit down with a bunch of friends to joke around and roll some d6’s, you might just get by with Runecast.
The Early Bird Tier & Standard Tier are FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the world.
All other Tiers, that include additional items are flat rate $10.00 USD included in the pledge amount.
- This was the case until the end of the first 24 hours when all the $30 discounted tier sold out! Future backers still get a discount even at $35 of $15+whatever your shipping costs would have been!"I am offering a Special Kickstarter Discount: I have done my best to provide you all with a special Discount Tier of $30.00. Runecast will Retail for $50.00"
- I Value your Opinion Highly: I am always excited about receiving and answering any questions or concerns, I truly appreciate everything you find important. Your feedback is extremely important for me to continue improve every day .
- Kickstarter Backers Are My First Priority: I truly appreciate your support for a game that hasn't reached the market. I am grateful for every single backer who decides to join and that means you'll get your game before traditional distribution begins, and I will always be honest and transparent with you.
- Because I Need You: The game is complete, regarding both the gameplay and the art, but I definitely need your help for the production cost of Runecast.
- I can provide Kickstarter-Exclusive Stretch Goals: Hopefully we can make this game come in an even better form. Unlocking some rewards can help this game include some Fate Cards, upgraded components and quantities, and maybe even more to make this game as awesome as it can possibly be!
Charm-City-Games was founded in 2013 by Matt Voss. The company is currently the only active board game and card game production company in the Baltimore area. The company currently has several games in development, with Runecast being the second game brought to market.
The first game published by Charm City Games was CockFIGHT! a 2-4 player elimination card game available on Amazon.com (5 Star rated!) The game was met with great reception at Baltimore Comic Con.
Contact: Matt Voss
Risks and challenges
I created and successfully funded my first project in April 2014. The lessons learned during that experience will help to mitigate many risks associated with manufacturing and producing a new game.
Thanks to my first project I was able to create Charm City Games and I have experienced self-fulfillment woes and issues. For this project,due to it's expected larger scale, fulfillment will be handled through a shipping partner and Amazon.
I believe the biggest risk to this project is with manufacturing or international delays associated with production. I expect a 150-160 day production schedule, which includes several weeks of buffer time.
I believe that the initial risks have been mitigated as much as possible, allowing me to post this project with no concern about success, provided it gets funded.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)